Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Crew Skill: Diplomacy Bug

boosterexo
08.14.2017 , 12:44 PM | #1
My Jedi Sage is committed to the light side and always has been. On the diplomacy mission menu all the missions show they give light side points. Even the rewards say I get light side points. Then I go to my character sheet and I see that I somehow got dark side points. I had no dark side points before starting the diplomacy missions. How does that work?

DWho
08.14.2017 , 12:53 PM | #2
Quote: Originally Posted by boosterexo View Post
My Jedi Sage is committed to the light side and always has been. On the diplomacy mission menu all the missions show they give light side points. Even the rewards say I get light side points. Then I go to my character sheet and I see that I somehow got dark side points. I had no dark side points before starting the diplomacy missions. How does that work?
The icon/indicator does not accurately show whether you will be getting light side or dark side points. You have to hover your cursor over the icon to see what the mission really gives. Its been like that ever since they added it to the Light/Dark points generation for the server wide event.

bdatt
08.14.2017 , 12:56 PM | #3
I think the global light/dark toggle determines the light/dark icon, but you'll get some light/dark points for whatever the actual quest gives. I'm having a similar issue since i just rolled a new character for the first time in forever, with a story-neutral sith assassin going full on dark due to the D/L toggle and diplomacy. I guess you need to read the actual diplomacy mission description and avoid the ones that sound darksidey.

Sharkhonn
08.14.2017 , 03:37 PM | #4
They way it works since they introduced the ability to commit to light or dark is the crew skills give points for whatever you have committed to. If you commit to dark side and then check your crew skill all mission will reflect your choice. There are no more half dark and half light missions anymore.

docbenwayddo
08.14.2017 , 04:02 PM | #5
Quote: Originally Posted by Sharkhonn View Post
They way it works since they introduced the ability to commit to light or dark is the crew skills give points for whatever you have committed to. If you commit to dark side and then check your crew skill all mission will reflect your choice. There are no more half dark and half light missions anymore.
Except in Diplomacy. Diplomacy missions were always Light or Dark by their nature. The global toggle abomination will make all of their icons the same, but hovering over those icons will show opposing alignment numbers as well as toggled alignment.
Typically a 106 LS point mission that is, by nature, DS also nets 86 DS points. The net result is still for the toggled choice, exception being crits can cause the DS points to overtake the LS reward.

PiiTarr
08.14.2017 , 04:03 PM | #6
Quote: Originally Posted by Sharkhonn View Post
This is incorrect. The missions are still split between dark and light rewards for the missions themselves. In addition, you get points for the missions based on your DvL toggle setting. Usually, the DvL points completely outweigh the opposite alignment points you get for the mission, so there is a net gain of points for whichever alignment you've chosen. However, there is a bug in that critical successes on missions will award you alignment points based on the mission's alignment rather than your toggle setting. That is, if you've got dark toggled and you run a diplomacy mission that gives you lightside points, but they're normally outweighed by the points you get for toggling dark, a critical success for the mission will result in you getting lightside points as the net result. Hovering the cursor over the alignment symbol will show which missions have a chance of awarding opposite faction points, but again, this only happens when a critical success is achieved.