Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Advice would be appreciated.

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > General Discussion
Advice would be appreciated.

rumpol
08.13.2017 , 11:20 PM | #1
Tried to roll a light sided sith in the past but despite choosing all the light sided options by the time my guy was 48'ish he was at dark 2.

This is where the title kicks in

Thanks in advance.

AngFour
08.13.2017 , 11:22 PM | #2
Quote: Originally Posted by rumpol View Post
Tried to roll a light sided sith in the past but despite choosing all the light sided options by the time my guy was 48'ish he was at dark 2.

This is where the title kicks in

Thanks in advance.
You have the Light versus Dark toggle set to the dark side, which is the default setting for an Imperial Character. Everything you do, no matter what your actual choices are in the game, gives you DS points.

Because "CHOICES MATTER™!"
My referral link: http://www.swtor.com/r/WdlNy8 I get stuff, you get stuff, we both win!

Kyrra_T
08.13.2017 , 11:32 PM | #3
Quote: Originally Posted by AngFour View Post
You have the Light versus Dark toggle set to the dark side, which is the default setting for an Imperial Character. Everything you do, no matter what your actual choices are in the game, gives you DS points.

Actually the default setting is based on your alignment. My bounty hunter was light 2 when 5.0 hit. She was light focused the first time I logged her on.

AngFour
08.13.2017 , 11:39 PM | #4
Quote: Originally Posted by Kyrra_T View Post
Actually the default setting is based on your alignment. My bounty hunter was light 2 when 5.0 hit. She was light focused the first time I logged her on.
If this is a brand new character though, created after 5.0 (Which OP makes it sound like) then the default is DS for Imperials. I just rolled a baby agent the other day and she was auto flagged as DS.

Besides, what else could it be if OP is making all LS choices and is still Dark 2?
My referral link: http://www.swtor.com/r/WdlNy8 I get stuff, you get stuff, we both win!

IoNonSoEVero
08.14.2017 , 12:49 AM | #5
It's the Dark vs. Light setting. Just change it to LS (next to your mini-map). You get LS and DS points and tokens now for any missions, heroics, flashpoints or crew missions you complete, so even if you're making LS choices, the DS points will rack up thanks to those other things.

AngFour
08.14.2017 , 12:55 AM | #6
Quote: Originally Posted by IoNonSoEVero View Post
It's the Dark vs. Light setting. Just change it to LS (next to your mini-map). You get LS and DS points and tokens now for any missions, heroics, flashpoints or crew missions you complete, so even if you're making LS choices, the DS points will rack up thanks to those other things.
*Once you hit 70. You only get those tokens when you level up in Galactic Command.

IoNonSoEVero
08.14.2017 , 01:50 AM | #7
*Once you hit 70. You only get those tokens when you level up in Galactic Command.
For the tokens, yes - but everything else still gives you LS/DS points. I'm leveling up a new SW clone right now and she's getting LS points from everything.

rumpol
08.14.2017 , 10:14 AM | #8

Ahhh got it. Didn't actually know about that Thanks for you help, and anyone else who replied.

Time for Take 2.

bdatt
08.14.2017 , 11:01 AM | #9
I'm glad I stumbled across this thread. I hadn't started a new character since like 2014, and unsubbed all of 2016 due to no new Ops, and my pragmatic Sith Assassin that seemed to be a mix of dark and light choices was going full on dark side. I just thought that toggle affected the global Dark/Light thing not individual character alignment.