Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Suggestion to breathe some life back into the game.

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > General Discussion
Suggestion to breathe some life back into the game.

Jay-Kor
08.12.2017 , 08:58 PM | #1
I've logged on a couple times recently just to do some GTN stuff (I've stayed subbed even though I rarely play anymore unless there's new story content) Just to buy some crates and sell for credits to buy level 240 mods/armoring/enhancements etc.

That said there doesn't seem to be much to do except grind at the moment and the story line feels like generic sci-fi as opposed to Star Wars. There wasn't much since Makeb that was really interesting IMO. Shadow of Revan seemed pretty pointless along with the whole Eternal Empire story (really that was ridiculous)

That said I believe if they introduced story line replay (being able to select individual class and planet quests and run through them at end game just for fun/replay value) I believe it'd go a a long way to getting people back on board and enjoying things again. I'd love to go through the story again without having to level and grind for gear.

It worked well for Star Trek Online while they took time go get their $hit together. And that game's arguably doing much better than TOR now.

If they don't do something soon I honestly can't see TOR lasting much longer and that's coming from someone who loves Star Wars and absolutely loved this game.

notanjelika
08.13.2017 , 10:20 AM | #2
I got a better idea: more companion related stuff, less class chopping and Gods of Zakuul stuff = people coming back. Let's say TOMORROW a developer will announce the return of.. ( for example) Jaesa Willsaam , a lot of "defectors" will come back and re-subscribe, i am sure of it ( and yes, only a sith deals in absolute, i know, i know) .
Please bring back Jaesa Willsaam

Aries_cz
08.13.2017 , 12:25 PM | #3
Quote: Originally Posted by notanjelika View Post
I got a better idea: more companion related stuff, less class chopping and Gods of Zakuul stuff = people coming back. Let's say TOMORROW a developer will announce the return of.. ( for example) Jaesa Willsaam , a lot of "defectors" will come back and re-subscribe, i am sure of it ( and yes, only a sith deals in absolute, i know, i know) .
No they won't. People clearly want more raids and group content.
Supreme Commander of all riots yet to come
Without the darkness, how would we recognize the light?
Aries, admin of Czech/Slovak fansite SW-TOR.cz
Check out my story videos or support me by clicking my Referral Link

Celise
08.13.2017 , 12:35 PM | #4
Quote: Originally Posted by Aries_cz View Post
.. and removal of GC.

RemoveRNG.

Augsust
08.13.2017 , 12:51 PM | #5
tbh, after the class stories, comps are just getting in the way of even vaguely substantive interaction with other players. More group content, and less rng, yes.
L E T U S R E A C H
The Augsust Legacy - The Ebon Hawk

Jay-Kor
08.13.2017 , 10:14 PM | #6
The whole thing's just turned into one massive grind, and when they do release story content, it doesn't even feel like star wars. Just generic sci-fi

DWho
08.13.2017 , 10:33 PM | #7
And what makes you say that? The majority of people playing the game don't even have access to end game (F2P and Preferred). Only a small percentage of the population even participates in that content right now. Raiders and PVPers have clearly been the most vocal and have gone the longest without something new, but story always has been the core of the game. Really what should happen is a new OP (or even a reworking or expansion of an existing OP), a new warzone (these are pretty simple as they consist only of obstacles and a couple of objectives), and a new story arc (or rework of one of the old story arcs) each year. That will keep the game healthy and draw in new players.

Jay-Kor
08.13.2017 , 10:50 PM | #8
Good suggestion above though to restore a bit of interest chapter and planet/character story lines should be re playable with existing gear and skills.

A lot of people play games for the same reason they get hooked on tv shows or films, to enjoy themselves, escape and see a great story.

notanjelika
08.14.2017 , 12:37 AM | #9
I don't. My guild on Red Eclipse ( 250 different players, we had no alts policy) left to play Neverwinter because of the class chopping and lack of story or returning companions. Let's say half of them were subscribers, maybe more: 125 subscribers x 13 euros/month = 1625 euro, a total of 19500 euros/ year. You will say 19500 euros is not big deal, but that is only the sum for 125 people, not for everyone who left. Conclusion? More raids & group content = people leaving = money loss.
Please bring back Jaesa Willsaam

Theeko
08.14.2017 , 12:39 AM | #10
Remove housing hooks, let us place stuff anywhere we want