Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Eric Musco what is your definition of a few weeks?

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > PvP
Eric Musco what is your definition of a few weeks?

OneHit
08.02.2017 , 11:16 PM | #1
On June 13th we were told in a few weeks we will get to see the season 8 rewards. I was just wondering what BIOWARE's definition of a few weeks is? At this point it's safe to say a few weeks is at least 2 months? Is it like the time we wouldn't have to wait more than a year for new operations? 3 years later? Maybe it's time to acknowledge that you are late on season 8 info.

I asked in early July if season 8 was actually coming to an end. Since we still have the same info as we did in early July I'll ask again in early August. Is season 8 coming to an end on time or will it be delayed? If it is on time do you have the information you promised us months ago.

frosttj
08.03.2017 , 06:52 AM | #2
This is why releasing timelines is a bad idea. It gets people in an uproar when they're not met. Personally, I'd just expect that their going to be underwhelming. Then there is little chance for disappointment. If you're playing ranked matches for rewards, then your destined for disappointment friend.

OneHit
08.03.2017 , 08:42 AM | #3
Quote: Originally Posted by frosttj View Post
This is why releasing timelines is a bad idea. It gets people in an uproar when they're not met. Personally, I'd just expect that their going to be underwhelming. Then there is little chance for disappointment. If you're playing ranked matches for rewards, then your destined for disappointment friend.
I can't disagree with you. I'm just getting tired of it. It shouldn't be like this.

DerSchneider
08.03.2017 , 09:38 AM | #4
Ranked pvp is a major pain in their butts, because making rewards and balancing classes requires some effort. The don't want any competitiveness in the game, it's not profitable for them with few people remaining. That's why they are trying to make ranked annoying as hell and squeeze the remaining people out of it.
The evidence is broken balance (mercs and snipers in 5.0), balancing around PVE only to break it even more, delaying rewards as much as possible, broken as HELL leaderboards, and last (but certainly not least) making rewards laughable and poor (makrin mount, a.k.a. the worst possible mount in the game).
I was trying not to be hateful because I still love ranked, and naively expect some damned attention for it. But sorry, the things are now even worse than during Irving times.
Nightrain Juggernaut

oli-fynnobi
08.03.2017 , 09:54 AM | #5
Quote: Originally Posted by DerSchneider View Post
Ranked pvp is a major pain in their butts, because making rewards and balancing classes requires some effort. The don't want any competitiveness in the game, it's not profitable for them with few people remaining. That's why they are trying to make ranked annoying as hell and squeeze the remaining people out of it.
The evidence is broken balance (mercs and snipers in 5.0), balancing around PVE only to break it even more, delaying rewards as much as possible, broken as HELL leaderboards, and last (but certainly not least) making rewards laughable and poor (makrin mount, a.k.a. the worst possible mount in the game).
I was trying not to be hateful because I still love ranked, and naively expect some damned attention for it. But sorry, the things are now are even worse than during Irving times.
Agreed.
Navush, Apex Juggernaut
<All-Star Sync Squad>
Support me for playing Jugg DPS in 2k17: http://www.swtor.com/r/gVQY6L

Equeliber
08.03.2017 , 10:01 AM | #6
Quote: Originally Posted by OneHit View Post
I can't disagree with you. I'm just getting tired of it. It shouldn't be like this.
Didn't he say he will try to post it this week + the first posts about class changes? It's already Thursday though, so unless he'll do it tomorrow, it's not happening this week.
Ael Veela, Sith Marauder Klorea, Sith Sorcerer Cinthie, Sith Assassin Lora Leigh, Sniper Darth Malgus

OneHit
08.03.2017 , 06:41 PM | #7
He released some non info answer how there might be something tomorrow. But he'll keep us updated with more non info through out. So you can expect nothing. Sometime.

CHRZOE
08.03.2017 , 07:03 PM | #8
Quote: Originally Posted by DerSchneider View Post
I was trying not to be hateful because I still love ranked, and naively expect some damned attention for it. But sorry, the things are now even worse than during Irving times.
Lmao yea.
Kitchen PRINK