Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Pyro Pt, personal exp in pvp

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > PvP
Pyro Pt, personal exp in pvp

yellow_
08.03.2017 , 08:52 AM | #11
Quote: Originally Posted by Ottoattack View Post
While AP is not terrible in a trinity format, it does not hold a candle to snipers, mara or sins, neither in damage or survivability. Only thing PT is good at is utility (mainly hard CC). Pyro is significantly worse. It lacks the passive survivability and low shield CD that AP have. And has highly dysfunctional rotation.
I don't disagree about maras and snipers but that state of affairs is at least as much about those classes being too strong as it is anything else. Being worse than maras and snipers isn't really a valid argument for getting a buff as it applies to basically everything. And I think saying they don't hold a candle to assassins and are only good at utility is a pretty big exaggeration. In my book, PTs are, at most, a little bit under assassins and you say they're only good at utility as if utility isn't a *really big deal.* Carbonize is still an absurdly good ability in arenas, especially if you have 2 of them to chain together.

I really think all AP needs is nerfs to the broken classes (everything needs that part) and a functioning kolto. Pyro...is another matter entirely. It seems to me that as long as its DCDs are just a faster kolto and a full 2 minute CD energy shield it will probably suck in PVP. Should be redesigned.

Ottoattack
08.03.2017 , 09:30 AM | #12
Quote: Originally Posted by yellow_ View Post
I don't disagree about maras and snipers but that state of affairs is at least as much about those classes being too strong as it is anything else. Being worse than maras and snipers isn't really a valid argument for getting a buff as it applies to basically everything. And I think saying they don't hold a candle to assassins and are only good at utility is a pretty big exaggeration. In my book, PTs are, at most, a little bit under assassins and you say they're only good at utility as if utility isn't a *really big deal.* Carbonize is still an absurdly good ability in arenas, especially if you have 2 of them to chain together.

I really think all AP needs is nerfs to the broken classes (everything needs that part) and a functioning kolto. Pyro...is another matter entirely. It seems to me that as long as its DCDs are just a faster kolto and a full 2 minute CD energy shield it will probably suck in PVP. Should be redesigned.
On the contrary, I think PT utility is the strongest of all disciplines in arenas, due to carbonize + 1 sec on it and hard CC. And IMO, utility is equal to damage when evaluating a class (my original post did not give utility enough credit!).

My main is AP PT, but since 5.0 I have been playing carnage. Carnage is surely over performing, but man, it makes AP look like a clown. I think if we use Deception as our base line for burst specs, we will have much better balance. Right now snipers and mara trivialize everything and merc trolls everyone in less competitive game play (especially if there are no healers).