Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer
×

Discussion Topic: Game Update 5.4 and the Next Roadmap

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > General Discussion
Discussion Topic: Game Update 5.4 and the Next Roadmap
First BioWare Post First BioWare Post

masterceil's Avatar


masterceil
08.02.2017 , 08:14 AM | #981
Quote: Originally Posted by TUXs View Post
I don't get it either. Housing isn't what keeps me playing, it's where I log in/out only.
Well, your play style ain't the only one. There are people in this game (not me) who are heavy into Strongholds, Outfit Designers, and random other RP stuff. GSF doesn't keep me playing, but it doesn't bother me when Bioware gives them some love.

The more players we have that are satisfied with at least some elements of the game, the bigger the pool we have for the MMO elements. Some of those derided as being here primarily for "Space Barbie" may queue for Warzones or Flashpoints while decorating their Strongholds. Warzones aren't the reason they play the game, but if you take away their Strongholds (or, say, force them to re-buy/decorate them in a transfer/merge), they may leave the game, and that'll be one less person that does occasionally queue for Warzones. Scale that up to the number of players of a similar mindset, and it could be a noticeable detriment to the overall quantity of group activity pops in the game.

TL;DR: people play for different reasons, and shouldn't have their play style affected because a few people have to wait 7 minutes for a warzone pop instead of 5.
Appreciate the help/snark in the above post? Click here to help me out!
Celestial ArgonautsCelestial Dreadnauts
Star Forged from the Ebon Hawk cacd.enjin.com

Eshvara's Avatar


Eshvara
08.02.2017 , 08:25 AM | #982
I'd be into stronghold's a lot more, if it didn't cost me an arm and a leg to decorate it.
#Arcannite
For The Empire

TUXs's Avatar


TUXs
08.02.2017 , 08:30 AM | #983
Quote: Originally Posted by masterceil View Post
Well, your play style ain't the only one. There are people in this game (not me) who are heavy into Strongholds, Outfit Designers, and random other RP stuff. GSF doesn't keep me playing, but it doesn't bother me when Bioware gives them some love.

TL;DR: people play for different reasons, and shouldn't have their play style affected because a few people have to wait 7 minutes for a warzone pop instead of 5.
And you got love with Manaan. I'm fine with more being added, but it sure as hell doesn't keep people playing or bring players back.
All warfare is based on deception If his forces are united, separate them If you are far from the enemy, make him believe you are near A leader leads by example not by force
My referral code: here What you get: here (1 FREE transfer 7-day FREE sub FREE Jumpstart and Preferred Bundles)

casirabit's Avatar


casirabit
08.02.2017 , 08:36 AM | #984
Quote: Originally Posted by TUXs View Post
And you got love with Manaan. I'm fine with more being added, but it sure as hell doesn't keep people playing or bring players back.
It does keep some playing. You of all people should know that different people play different ways. I love decorating my strongholds, and I change them fairly often, when I see something new.

Like I don't understand the thrill people get for playing pvp, it is the same thing.

We have no idea what will bring people back since each person is different but I did meet a new person this week that loves the strongholds and spends most of their time getting decorations and decorating.
A girl should be two things: classy and fabulous. A girl should also always be a lady even when arguing. If you like redheads click my Referral link Referral: http://www.swtor.com/r/VkfKqj

casirabit's Avatar


casirabit
08.02.2017 , 08:39 AM | #985
Quote: Originally Posted by Eshvara View Post
I'd be into stronghold's a lot more, if it didn't cost me an arm and a leg to decorate it.
What I would like is if once we get a decoration we could pay credits to access more of them like we do for guilds but more would be available. It would help I think.
A girl should be two things: classy and fabulous. A girl should also always be a lady even when arguing. If you like redheads click my Referral link Referral: http://www.swtor.com/r/VkfKqj

Eshvara's Avatar


Eshvara
08.02.2017 , 08:58 AM | #986
Yeah that would be a nice idea.
#Arcannite
For The Empire

KeithKanneg's Avatar


KeithKanneg
08.02.2017 , 09:45 AM | #987 Click here to go to the next staff post in this thread. Next  
Quote: Originally Posted by santafaye View Post
hey keith i had a suggestion is it at all possible to get a cross fashion companion customize vendor on the fleets seeing how alot of our companions are now cross fashion .rock on my friends
Will see what we can do about it!

Keith---
Keith Kanneg | Game Producer
Follow us on Twitter @SWTOR | Like us on Facebook
[Contact Us] [Rules of Conduct] [F.A.Q.]

IntegrationArch's Avatar


IntegrationArch
08.02.2017 , 10:01 AM | #988
Quote: Originally Posted by KeithKanneg View Post
Will see what we can do about it!

Keith---
Feedback on this would be for BW to attack low populations first, attack all the current big bugs . . . offer incentives to concentrate populations on new megaservers using the 90cc process, work on guild ships xfer later....

Rion_Starkiller's Avatar


Rion_Starkiller
08.02.2017 , 10:03 AM | #989
Quote: Originally Posted by Costello View Post
I fully agree what was provided was not great and have the same feeling that they are now just rearranging the deck chairs on the titanic.
I had never heard that idiom before. It's a good one!
ᕕ( ᐛ )ᕗ

Quote: Originally Posted by Trolltar View Post
I believe he's quoting a frequent contributor to these forums. His name is Strawman.
Quote: Originally Posted by Lunafox View Post
Thanks Rion Starbrah.

DarthSpuds's Avatar


DarthSpuds
08.02.2017 , 10:08 AM | #990
Quote: Originally Posted by dontbeswg View Post
I'm tired of arguing this because those that disagree are not willing to see the truth or they just weren't there, so feel free to disagree wrongly.
I've been here off and on since Day 1.
I have NEVER once done an Op.

The quantity and quality of the Ops isn't even on my radar, never has been, and it is highly unlikely it ever will be.

Why?

Because this game wasn't sold as "Operation led MMORPG".

It WAS sold as a MMORPG with unique and detailed Class and Faction storylines..

There is a coincidence, that Story (good story, not the FE/ET/Iokath rubbish) also started to slip at the same time as Ops were allowed to slip by the wayside.

I contend therefore, that a game that was sold as being led by High Quality Class / Faction Story Arcs started to lose customers when those Story Arcs stopped being delivered.

But please feel free to continue asserting that the game has lost 80% of its playerbase because of the lack of a type of content only ever played by 20% of the playerbase.

I mean that's an intelligent argument right there.... ...not.

All The Best
#Is-This-As-Good-As-It-Gets?

If you think my comment has been helpful in anyway please >>Click Here<< for the Refer A Friend Bonus.