Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Annihilation Marauder Tips and Rotation.

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > PvP
Annihilation Marauder Tips and Rotation.

DavidAtkinson
08.01.2017 , 03:34 PM | #1
Ok so, after getting bored of Fury, I decided to play Annihilation again and I am enjoying it a lot.

I have no clue how to use the rotation to be most effective in DPS and kills or DoT spreads.

Also, I need some advice on stats, how much accuracy--alacrity--mastery power and critical.

Currently I am running with 1550 alacrity, 7500 Mastery, 1850 crit and 4000 power.

Accuracy is debatable. I really have no clue if it does something in PVP or not.

Any advice is helpful but please dont forget the Roatations. I need help with it. Thanks.

Caeliuxrules
08.01.2017 , 04:17 PM | #2
Warriorx aka Grim might be best far as helping you in detail on this topic, I do play anni and learning it as well. I will give you a link and it seems to be accurate, and if there is any more advice since this is from 5.2 and not the current 5.4 would also love to hear more.

https://vulkk.com/2016/12/22/sith-ma...tor-5-0-guide/

Good luck mate.
Former GM of We are KAPPA and FIGHT on The Harbinger
The Swiftsure>The Fatman>The PO5>The Bastion>The Harbinger
"A lion doesn't concern himself with the opinions of a sheep.

Eastiano
08.01.2017 , 04:22 PM | #3
If you're on the red eclipse look me up and I'll gladly share some pointers, I'm not the best around but It's a spec I've mained for 5 years plus so know my way around it to help out I hope

Caeliuxrules
08.01.2017 , 07:14 PM | #4
Quote: Originally Posted by Eastiano View Post
If you're on the red eclipse look me up and I'll gladly share some pointers, I'm not the best around but It's a spec I've mained for 5 years plus so know my way around it to help out I hope
Question mate, I have played on East coast and West. Difference in MS how is it for a American like myself to deal with it. What is the common MS?

Sorry to be off topic.

Eastiano
08.02.2017 , 12:01 AM | #5
Quote: Originally Posted by Caeliuxrules View Post
Question mate, I have played on East coast and West. Difference in MS how is it for a American like myself to deal with it. What is the common MS?

Sorry to be off topic.
I have toons on Harbinger and get around 200ms from the uk, regs are playable although ranked play may be affected by the high latency

Caeliuxrules
08.02.2017 , 12:21 AM | #6
Quote: Originally Posted by Eastiano View Post
I have toons on Harbinger and get around 200ms from the uk, regs are playable although ranked play may be affected by the high latency
Ty man. 200ms is rough..

MackPol
08.02.2017 , 01:47 AM | #7
I often get better then 200ms on Harbinger but mostly around that. Although have few guildies originally from Harby but dunno what part of US exactly with ranked playable Ms on TRE. Maybe it is slightly better coming from your end to here then the other way. Worth trying tho

WayOfTheWarriorx
08.02.2017 , 02:45 AM | #8
Quote: Originally Posted by DavidAtkinson View Post
Ok so, after getting bored of Fury, I decided to play Annihilation again and I am enjoying it a lot.

I have no clue how to use the rotation to be most effective in DPS and kills or DoT spreads.

Also, I need some advice on stats, how much accuracy--alacrity--mastery power and critical.

Currently I am running with 1550 alacrity, 7500 Mastery, 1850 crit and 4000 power.

Accuracy is debatable. I really have no clue if it does something in PVP or not.

Any advice is helpful but please dont forget the Roatations. I need help with it. Thanks.

The following is the optimal stat spread you are looking for for Annihilation currently, this is really intended for PVE, but the only real difference you need to make here is with the Accuracy. You need 110% for PVE, for PVP, as a Marauder, you do not want to go under 105%. 105% is generally considered the appropriate amount for of accuracy for PVP, but there are some who do believe there is benefit to having 110% accuracy in PVP. I have used both values, and I really didn't see all that much of a difference personally, but thays up to you. 105 at least is necessary. These are the suggested values, but don't feel like they are written in stone, a stat difference of 50 here or there is not going to make a big difference, in most cases it would probably be undetectable. The only one you want to adhere to exactly is accuracy. Not having enough will definitely lead to DPS losses.

Marauder - Annihilation || Sentinel - Watchman
10336+-284 DPS @ 54.6 APM | 8673 Endurance | 6884 Mastery | 3964 Power
1831 Critical (2xE, 11xA, 2xC) | 1617 Alacrity (7xE) | 759 Accuracy (1xE, 3xA, Stim)

E = Enhancements
A = Augments [level 10]
C = Color Crystals
APM - Attacks per minute

Stim refers to either a critical/accuracy stim or a power/mastery stim. They're both viable and aren't really going to effect things much differently from one or the other, although currently it is generally accepted that critical/accuracy stims are better for PVE content and power/master stims are better for PVP. Try both, see which one suits your tastes better. Either one will be fine.

Regarding rotation. Anni's rotation isn't really written in stone, although there are certainly benefits to adhereing to it whenever possible. The reality is, in PVP, you are not going to be able to use the suggested optimal rotation reliably and that applies to all specs. PVE it's much more important [and more likely to be able to] use the optimal rotation/priorities. I'm including the links to Annihilation spec guides so you can find the rotations as well as commentary on all important aspects for the spec.

Annihilation is alot of micromanaging mutliple bleeds as seemlessly as possible for optimal DPS output and has ramp up times to reach the highest levels of it's DPS potentials. Try not to take the information provided hereafter too literally as the guide link I have attached is more geared towards PVE and you are not going to have the same experience in PVP as you do in PVE. It still nonetheless is essential, you'll just have to make adjustments on the fly from the information provided and work more with proirities [most amount of damage in the shortest amount of time by using certain attack blocks]. The dot spread aspect will not be an issue at all and it works excellent in PVP.

This guide was made by Vulkk, a notable figure in class game mechanics/ABCs of the specs.

https://vulkk.com/2016/12/22/sith-ma...tor-5-0-guide/

I hope this will answer most of your questions, a look over the guide should fill in any blanks you may yet have.

Best of luck to you, I hope you find this spec more to your liking. Have fun with it.
~ I am Grim.

"There's a word for Lightside Sith. It's called Jedi."

Buckwildjoe
08.02.2017 , 08:41 AM | #9
I reached out to a couple of the top maras on my server and did a lot of experimenting and testing to find what works best for ME. I will share what I use but you will need to take into consideration your own playstyle, game mode, and ping/fps to figure out what works best for you.

I usually run around 2k crit, ~1400 alacrity, and 105% acc in regs.

I definitely suggest you at least use 105% accuracy as missing an annihilate will really hurt your dps (hardest hitting ability and buffs your bleeds). There is also a good argument for using 110% because missing during a window can be the difference between getting a kill or not. Again this is a personal preference.

Alacrity is the stat I play around with the most. You can really see its benefit IF you have a lot of uptime but in PvP you will hardly ever have 100% uptime which decreases the value of the stat. That is why I say it depends on your playstyle. In regs with a healer where I know Ill have significant uptime I will run around 1400 alacrity. In ranked or in games without a healer where I know I will not have a lot of uptime I will switch to around 10% alacrity and fill the rest with mastery or power augments. (I personally use mastery augments but the difference is very small)

You can read vulks guide to get a better understanding of the spec and you can also use his opener (minus the adrenal obviously)

Single target priority list I use :
Deadly saber (this is not on gcd)
Force rend
Annihilate
Rupture
DST (Proc)
Ravage
VT (30% or with utility)
Slash
Assault

I should also say you want to be using deadly saber, annihilate, and force rend off cd. Hard to place a perfect priorty list in pvp.

For AOE Its basically the same other than throwing in smash after applying force rend and rupture to a target and using DST (w proc)

One thing that helped my DPS out a lot is learning when to refresh rupture. You need to learn the timing so youre not overlapping the bleed. Doing it to soon will result in a dps loss and doing it too late and letting the bleed fall off is a dps loss. Obviously this is easier said than done in PvP but the more you play the spec the better you will become at it. Also the more you play the better you will become at predicting enemy movement which will result in you getting better dot spreads.

I use the following utilities and usually have a point to spend depending on what Im doing.
https://tor.community/5MuA2Y

Again this is MY personal preference for PvP so take that for what it is. You should experiment and figure out what works best for you and your playstyle. Also special thanks to Kai and Doc for sharing their own builds with me.
bwj/jrazi