Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Add personal Fleet Hangar Stronghold purchased & expanded with GSF Fleet Requisitions

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > General Discussion
Add personal Fleet Hangar Stronghold purchased & expanded with GSF Fleet Requisitions

Pietrastor
07.29.2017 , 10:24 AM | #1
As in the title. Add personal Fleet Hangar Stronghold purchased & expanded with GSF Fleet Requisitions. It would be thematic, appropirate, connect GSF & Strongholds, promote both systems and provide Fleet Chat access for personal stronghold space. The stronghold should definitely also have 5 docks/bays for currently selected 5 Starfighters to display (along with actual selected customizations) which would make better and more visual use of GSF customizations.

Also, legacy/faction GSF hangars

xmarcusprimex
07.29.2017 , 11:18 AM | #2
Like, the Stronghold is at the fleet? I like it. Be great if there was an instanced door you could run through to access it, and have that door on the Station Starfighter deck.

SnoowMeow
07.29.2017 , 11:49 AM | #3
These ideas are awesome. I have zero mastered ships, so I never have unused fleet req, but using that precious currency on special stronghold unlocks would be super tempting. This is a little like using Umbara FP currency to unlock the train stronghold.

I realize the devs may have gameplay reasons for wanting us to "gear" our GSF ships on each character like our PvE ships, but even without that piece of the puzzle, OP's idea sounds sweet.

With the new "Intro to GSF" mission rewards, plus the "Intro to conquest" mission rewards, after a single GSF mission plus a completed personal conquest, every new GSF player has all non-Cartel Coin ships unlocked, with a few early component upgrades. GSF is at its most accessible to new players since launch, I think. This is the right time to roll out something like OP's idea.
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Click the following referral link for in-game goodies for you AND for me (thanks!): http://www.swtor.com/r/62FcSr

Tadagyt
07.29.2017 , 02:13 PM | #4
Fleet strongholds should happen, even if it's just a small office with a hangar. Fleet chat is where everything happens.

/signed.

Pietrastor
07.29.2017 , 09:39 PM | #5
Quote: Originally Posted by xmarcusprimex View Post
Like, the Stronghold is at the fleet? I like it. Be great if there was an instanced door you could run through to access it, and have that door on the Station Starfighter deck.
Just in the Fleet Chat zone (and within Fleet ascethic of course), I'm not sure if the game can have an actual instance on the existing fleet the players could decorate. May be doo demanding on engine. Guildships got separate loadscreen too

casirabit
08.16.2017 , 02:56 PM | #6
/not interested.

Why: I don't lik pvp and I definitely don't like pvp space.
A girl should be two things: classy and fabulous. A girl should also always be a lady even when arguing. If you like redheads click my Referral link Referral: http://www.swtor.com/r/VkfKqj

arunav
03.30.2018 , 07:16 AM | #7
Been wanting this for years, as a big GSF'er.

Unfortunately, I don't think GSF is that popular.

Still, a Fleet Stronghold would be, and I'm sure, even if most players don't play GSF, they wouldn't mind the ships as decorations. In fact, they'd really like them.
"In the end, cowards are those that follow the dark side."

Free Inventory Slot, Character Transfer, and Subscription Time:
http://www.swtor.com/r/YpmgMVhttp://

UlaVii
03.30.2018 , 07:59 AM | #8
A great suggestion, I hope they listen.

ErikWwasser
04.05.2018 , 06:38 AM | #9
I would say this stronghold shouldnīt be a building, it should be a spaceship. Not as big as the guild ship but with a big hangar for your gsf spaceships. And you should be able to upgrade your ships in this Hangar and be able to start a pvp match from your stronghold. Also your crew members should be on this stronghold and they should do different activities like repairing your ships or transporting ammo to your ships. But it should be two differnet strongholds ( one for the republic site and one for the imperial ).
And I prefer a lagacy hangar so that every of your republic chars have access to a republic hangar and every of your imperial chars have access to an imperial hangar.
This has the benefit that you donīt need to start at the point zero with all your chars. Also you have a better chance to win a fight as an new pilot because your spaceships are allready upgradet.