Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Server Merge Discussion Thread

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > General Discussion
Server Merge Discussion Thread
First BioWare Post First BioWare Post

Icykill_
07.28.2017 , 04:27 AM | #1531
Quote: Originally Posted by merovejec View Post
Merge the servers already!

Put TOFN and Progenitor into TRE!
Or do something official to address the issue.
RIP APAC Players 😢😢😢😢💦
Please click this Refer a Friend link for free stuff

shalea
07.28.2017 , 08:19 AM | #1532

Or don't, The Progenitor is an RP server, As has been stated multiple times Some of us would rather stay on an RP server than be forced to move to a server Where we are likely to br trolled.
refer link yay free stuff

http://www.swtor.com/r/y4QdLb

Khaleg
07.28.2017 , 08:24 AM | #1533
Quote: Originally Posted by Icykill_ View Post
Or do something official to address the issue.
Exactly, but Bioware is just like this guy that comes to a party when most people are gone already...
Nal'augh, guild master "The Conqueror Fleet" - Tulak Hord
Do you want 7 free days of subscription and other freebies? Click here!

Twitch: https://www.twitch.tv/doubleudude

Icykill_
07.29.2017 , 01:39 AM | #1534
I decided to ask Keith what's happening in his Roadmap thread because he seems to be ignoring this one and we still have no news. You'd think something like this should be in the road map or at least a timeline of when we can expect some info on the subject
http://www.swtor.com/community/showt...928103&page=71
RIP APAC Players 😢😢😢😢💦
Please click this Refer a Friend link for free stuff

KeithKanneg
07.29.2017 , 08:09 AM | #1535 Click here to go to the next staff post in this thread. Next  
Quote: Originally Posted by Icykill_ View Post
I decided to ask Keith what's happening in his Roadmap thread because he seems to be ignoring this one and we still have no news. You'd think something like this should be in the road map or at least a timeline of when we can expect some info on the subject
http://www.swtor.com/community/showt...928103&page=71
Thanks for the /slap! Yep, we haven't been communicating anything about our server plans, but I have dropped a number of hints. Even in the interview I did, I said we are considering virtually everything in this thread, plus a ton of other technical details.

I know you all know this, but I'll remind you anyway, if a server merge was the direction, then we need to make sure we understand the reasons why players don't want to move. We have hardware/software, connectivity, and database considerations. We also have a ton of in-game 'things' to consider like Legacy Cargo Hold slots across multiple-servers, decorations and Strongholds, currency caps, merging of Legacies, number of characters on a server, keeping guilds and guild assets intact, and more. You also have Conquests and the domination of large guilds over everyone else, area respawn rates, and so on.

Lastly, as we've done with our East Coast servers, we need to upgrade the environment to ensure it's a great experience for everyone. I am very hopeful I can layout the game plan for you in the upcoming Roadmap. I'm not committing to that, yet, as there are a number of questions I need answered before I can give you any further insight.

Have a great weekend,

Keith---
Keith Kanneg | Game Producer
Follow us on Twitter @SWTOR | Like us on Facebook
[Contact Us] [Rules of Conduct] [F.A.Q.]

Noyjitat
07.29.2017 , 09:06 AM | #1536
/hell no to more server merging. I already lost 3 names I had since launch during the last server merge and I don't want to lose more....
Instead Implement cross server group finder for raids and pvp and assign a temporary name suffix if you enter a group with duplicate names.
Spoiler

Deewe
07.29.2017 , 09:21 AM | #1537
Quote: Originally Posted by KeithKanneg View Post
Thanks for the /slap! Yep, we haven't been communicating anything about our server plans, but I have dropped a number of hints. Even in the interview I did, I said we are considering virtually everything in this thread, plus a ton of other technical details.

I know you all know this, but I'll remind you anyway, if a server merge was the direction, then we need to make sure we understand the reasons why players don't want to move. We have hardware/software, connectivity, and database considerations. We also have a ton of in-game 'things' to consider like Legacy Cargo Hold slots across multiple-servers, decorations and Strongholds, currency caps, merging of Legacies, number of characters on a server, keeping guilds and guild assets intact, and more. You also have Conquests and the domination of large guilds over everyone else, area respawn rates, and so on.

Lastly, as we've done with our East Coast servers, we need to upgrade the environment to ensure it's a great experience for everyone. I am very hopeful I can layout the game plan for you in the upcoming Roadmap. I'm not committing to that, yet, as there are a number of questions I need answered before I can give you any further insight.

Have a great weekend,

Keith---
Keith,

how about keeping it simple: offer free characters transfers to all the players.

While it's not perfect, as not everything is transferred with a character, it would certainly help and would be a quite a decent mitigation with the current server population issue.

Then in the background you can nail down all the whole server migration and database consolidation issues.
-----
[HOW_TO] Mouse look toogle

Jedi_riches
07.29.2017 , 09:24 AM | #1538

No thank you I am perfectly happy with tre population as it is.
How PvP balance is achieved - Bioware please nerf paper its OP, scissors are fine as they are.
Regards,
Rock

DarthZaul
07.29.2017 , 09:49 AM | #1539
The EU servers are merging pretty much naturally. The French servers are dead and more and more French guilds show up on TRE, some Germans sometimes. Might as well just get it over with merge everything into TRE and just have different language chat channels.

DarthScruffy
07.29.2017 , 11:12 AM | #1540
Quote: Originally Posted by KeithKanneg View Post

Have a great weekend,

Keith---
As long as the population management choice doubles or triples the largest current server, the "guild empire" problem won't be a problem. A loss of the ability to dominate from the beginning would cause some of those to crumble, especially the more mercenary ones. I really hope if they are trying some voluntary scheme, they use preferred pricing to go to the server they want and perhaps even shinies (titles, outfits, etc.) to get people to the new destination.