Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Discussion Topic: Game Update 5.4 and the Next Roadmap

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > General Discussion
Discussion Topic: Game Update 5.4 and the Next Roadmap
First BioWare Post First BioWare Post

Andryah
07.28.2017 , 03:58 PM | #631
Quote: Originally Posted by Thaladan View Post
still outstanding that a MMO like star wars didn't propose a new class in 5+ years .... not even mentionned by devs...

ALL mmorpg proposed a new class at least once, ALL !

this shows the poor budget and possibilities that bw have for this game.
Bioware is a victim of it's own success on this. making a new class would require a brand new 1-50 story arc. THAT is a lot of resources for something that probably will not actually expand/retain players as subscribers anyway.
When you find yourself surrounded by hostile Clowns... always go for the "Juggler" first.

Tadagyt
07.28.2017 , 04:19 PM | #632
I love the idea of having to PLAY to get a reward. Keith, I like you, and I'm no white knight. Keep it up.

KeithKanneg
07.28.2017 , 04:38 PM | #633 Click here to go to the next staff post in this thread. Next  
Quote: Originally Posted by Jedi_riches View Post
I assume that the new currency will be legacy wide, in that I don't have to run the solo mode with the same character 10x? So all my alts can progress their story while getting closer to getting the stronghold.
As of right now, it is not a Legacy currency. But, I know exactly what you're thinking, so let me pre-announce something which I suspect will make you smile, while at the same time, irritate you because I won't tell you when until I update the Roadmap.

We are working to change currencies to be Legacy based. This includes unassembled components, credits, the Umbara currency, and more. I'm not aware of any major obstacles preventing this from happening, and doing so will help with a number of changes we are planning for the future.

I know that doesn't solve the concern about having to run the Flashpoint multiple times on one character, but once you have the Key to open the Stronghold, you can use the currency for other items on the vendor.

Have a good weekend,

-Keith--
Keith Kanneg | Game Producer
Follow us on Twitter @SWTOR | Like us on Facebook
[Contact Us] [Rules of Conduct] [F.A.Q.]

casirabit
07.28.2017 , 04:41 PM | #634
Quote: Originally Posted by KeithKanneg View Post
As of right now, it is not a Legacy currency. But, I know exactly what you're thinking, so let me pre-announce something which I suspect will make you smile, while at the same time, irritate you because I won't tell you when until I update the Roadmap.

We are working to change currencies to be Legacy based. This includes unassembled components, credits, the Umbara currency, and more. I'm not aware of any major obstacles preventing this from happening, and doing so will help with a number of changes we are planning for the future.

I know that doesn't solve the concern about having to run the Flashpoint multiple times on one character, but once you have the Key to open the Stronghold, you can use the currency for other items on the vendor.

Have a good weekend,

-Keith--
Credits too? (Cover your ears so you don't hear the scream) YAY!
A girl should be two things: classy and fabulous. A girl should also always be a lady even when arguing. If you like redheads click my Referral link Referral: http://www.swtor.com/r/VkfKqj

KeithKanneg
07.28.2017 , 04:45 PM | #635 Click here to go to the next staff post in this thread. Next  
Quote: Originally Posted by Seelvir View Post
Please ... please tell me that we'll have to defend our trains from masked bandits mounted on steeds of some biological or mechanical variety. We need a whole mini game where we ride Collicoid-Games-Esque turrets mounted on the tops of our Stronghold-Trains, and when we get overwhlemed and the masked bandits board, we dismount and defend the train with our sabers and blasters.

Rewards? I think a weekly crate with a guaranteed 248 sounds about right. A SELECTABLE 248.

Also, please PvP this too.

I don't think that's asking too much. That's like, what? A few days of development? At MOST?

Oh, almost forgot, guild stronghold trains can be used for guild-v-guild PvP for like a dozen crates of 248 gear per winner per week. That's like, a few extra hours of dev time.

I'm looking forward to this content. Thank you!

EDIT: ALSO, the reward crates should be delivered by a swooning companion of the player's choice. This needs a whole unboxing interface of epic companion swoonage, like the new unboxing interface you guys unveiled a while back. That's like another few hours dev time. Totally.
This! Note to self, get these suggestions over to the Dev Team immediately. Think about what can be done in just a few days of effort! Yah, if only!

Thanks for ending the week with a smile!

--Keith-
Keith Kanneg | Game Producer
Follow us on Twitter @SWTOR | Like us on Facebook
[Contact Us] [Rules of Conduct] [F.A.Q.]

Kurj
07.28.2017 , 04:45 PM | #636

Have a good weekend,

-Keith--
That is amazing news. Huge QoL improvement, and a huge improvement for playstyle choices too. Thanks, Keith, and have a great weekend.
Begeren Colony

Elmendra | Ozeranski | Tr'sain | Kurj

Deewe
07.28.2017 , 04:56 PM | #637
Hi guys,

Thanks for the update. Comments below

Quote: Originally Posted by EricMusco View Post
[list][*]Class Changes in 5.4 - We will make posts around each of the upcoming Class changes, akin to what we did with 5.3. My hope is to start those next week. Either way I will give you a better idea of timing next week.
Real question being will you provide any of the asked infos:
  • DPS/Heal/Mitigation targets for each class
  • Hard data to back up your view vs the players' one

Season 8 Rewards - The rewards blog is nearly finished and will contain all the deets, including tier breakdowns and reward screenshots. I am pretty confident it will go up next week as well. I will give you a status update next week.
Appreciated, hopefully it won't be recolored assets.

Unassembled Component Changes - As Keith alluded to previously, there are Unassembled Component changes coming to PvP Mission Rewards. The TLDR is that we want you to be able to get more Unassembled Components each week overall while also making Ranked play a bit more appealing. We are in the final stages of locking down these exact numbers and so look for a post on this next week with the specifics.
The issue with ranked is not that much the gear, it's they don't pop-up even on the most populated servers.

Fix server population and then we can speak about gear.

Follow-up on Bolster discussion - It was clear from the discussion thread that most of you would like to see Bolster go as high as possible, while still meeting our teams goal of having gear progression be relevant. We will be increasing Bolsters to 242 in PvP for GU 5.5 as well.
Gear stats progression has no place in PvP. Please check all other major PvP games.

Want to make PvP interesting: make the progression about gear and character look, spaceships, strongholds decorations, vehicles, mounts...
Umbara Stronghold - There were some questions about how this works. In short, you will need to run the Flashpoint to earn currency. That currency can be used to purchase rewards from a vendor, including a key to purchase the Stronghold. Once you have the key, you can then unlock the Stronghold for a reduced amount of Credits/CC. You cannot outright purchase the Stronghold, it has to be earned by running the Flashpoint to get the key.
Way to force players into something they might not like.
-----
[HOW_TO] Mouse look toogle

Pandoras_Jar
07.28.2017 , 04:57 PM | #638

Have a good weekend,

-Keith--
Wait, hold up a second, did you just say Credits are going to be Legacy Wide??!?!!

Xam Xam Mercenary BodyguardXam Xam Xami Commando Combat Medic
PvP Healers Guide to Cleansing - 5.9 PvP Gearing Guide -
5.9 Mercenary/Commando PvP Healing Guide
~ Satele Shan | Bioware Influencer | Darth Malgus ~

LtGeneralGezlin
07.28.2017 , 05:01 PM | #639

Have a good weekend,

-Keith--
Keith... You sure know how to end the week...
CE Owner - The Gallifreyan Legacy - Squad 238 Tester
65 Gunslinger, 65 Commando, 60 Sentinel, 65 Shadow.
53 Operative, 54 Mercenary, 65 Marauder, 63 Juggernaut, 54 Sorcerer.

Jerba
07.28.2017 , 05:01 PM | #640
Very interesting, thanks for the advance notice, this is appreciated.
I do have some concerns about this.

First, any legacy-wide currency will also have a legacy-wide limit. I do hope that you will increase the limit when the components are merged to make up for it. For example, the players who have hit the 4 billion credit cap should not lose any credits when they are merged legacy-wide.
Unless of course, you intentionally want to set a cap. For example, I would be semi-okay with adding a 100 million credit cap to legacy. This would cause a huge outcry at first, but would help prevent inflation by forcing players to invest more instead of stockpiling credits. It would bring down all GTN prices and make it easier for new players to catch up.
On the other hand, you could leave it as is at a 4 billion cap, but then I hope you have some other solution ready to fight inflation.

I hate legacy-wide credits because if I misclick in the GTN or accidentally buy a 9999 stack from a vendor, I can easily lose all of my credits with zero chance to get them back. Right now, when I lose all my credits on one character, at least I still have some credits on my other characters and don't have to start again at 0. With legacy-wide credits, this safety net does not exist anymore, which makes me wary of it and I'd rather have a way to turn it off because for my playstyle, legacy-wide credits are not needed.

I do hope that you will not convert all currency-type items into real currencies. For example, Completed Bounty Contracts are a great way for new players, or players who don't care about cosmetics, to earn credits. This is possible because they are in your inventory/bank, but won't be possible if you put them in the currency tab.
Not every player likes cosmetics, and giving players a way to convert tokens into credits should be included. For example, I've had 100/100 Light Side & Dark Side Tokens on my main for months now, because I don't care about any of the items sold by the vendor.
So please keep the existing currencies and do not convert other non-currency items into currencies, then I'm fine with this change.

Once again, thanks for the advanced notice.