Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Discussion Topic: Game Update 5.4 and the Next Roadmap

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > General Discussion
Discussion Topic: Game Update 5.4 and the Next Roadmap
First BioWare Post First BioWare Post

Jdast
07.28.2017 , 12:39 PM | #601
At first I thought it was you could buy with credits outright, just the FP key lowered the price. That appears not to be the case.

I suppose running the FP 10 times with one character would be tolerable, since you only need to purchase it once, but agree with others -- making it legacy wide would be cool.

Transcendent
07.28.2017 , 12:56 PM | #602
Quote: Originally Posted by DarthSpuds View Post
Keith.
Spoiler
See, this is "trying something new". This post right here.

I know this involves more groundwork and development time Keith, but it's ideas like this that have merit and should be looked at much more closely in the future for content drops. Adding a little bit of everything, while also putting goodies such as titles / cheaper stronghold purchases tied into the reputation system is a really good idea that keeps players engaged if it's done right.

It sounds so much better than "run a flashpoint 10 times in solo / story....". We get that development time is limited to the resources you have in Austin, and that introducing a multitude of new content can be problematic. BioWare really need to get past this stage though.

Also....

Quote: Originally Posted by Jerba View Post
Any week the gearing continues to be broken means fewer returning players. The gearing grind needs to be nerfed ASAP if you insist on not separating PvP from PvE gear. Why don't you understand this?
I haven't always agreed with Jerba on a multitude of topics, this however is absolutely spot on the mark. GC gearing and the "fixes" put forth to date, simply don't cut it. I came back to see how the changes implemented had changed things in this area, and even with the event CXP boost it is still as awful and now even more convoluted system than it was previously.

Nice to see bolster is being increased, but it shouldn't have even got to this stage to require that.

....and gearing is still awful....

Thanks to everyone who has used my Refer a Friend link over the years, may the force be with you.

ccooknineofive
07.28.2017 , 12:56 PM | #603
Yes! I love the currency idea for the stronghold....play to win vs pay to win always gets my approval 😉

EricMusco
07.28.2017 , 12:59 PM | #604 Click here to go to the next staff post in this thread. Next  
Quote: Originally Posted by Rockula View Post
But less than what? What is the price that is being reduced? If there's no way to pay full price, why are they using the language of a reduced cost?
Something in my brain is short-circuited.
Probably not my best word choice :P. By reduced I mean you can then purchase it for "less than you would usually pay for Stronghold." I'll work on getting the specific costs out soon™ (next week?) so you can see them first hand.

-eric
Eric Musco | Community Manager
Follow us on Twitter @SWTOR | Like us on Facebook
[Contact Us] [Rules of Conduct] [F.A.Q.]

Rockula
07.28.2017 , 12:59 PM | #605
Thanks for the clarity!
My brain is working again
Brian - cohost of The Bad Feeling Podcast
<Has A Bad Feeling> and <Loves Twi'Leks and Spice> guilds on Star Forge

docbenwayddo
07.28.2017 , 01:11 PM | #606
Quote: Originally Posted by EricMusco View Post
Probably not my best word choice :P. By reduced I mean you can then purchase it for "less than you would usually pay for Stronghold." I'll work on getting the specific costs out soon™ (next week?) so you can see them first hand.

-eric
Needs more wording work. Say I only buy Dk or Coruscant Strongholds. Say I also only buy them during game anniversary months. That means I usually pay 3, 4 or 5 credits
Also without any base value for stronghold pixels, a "discounted price" is the same as "Charge whatever and say it was initially going to be more." .

SithLordZach
07.28.2017 , 01:12 PM | #607

Follow-up to Master Mode Ops Drops - Based on your feedback from the discussion thread, we are planning to add Unassembled Components to Master Mode boss drops with GU 5.5.
Are you kidding me? Unassembled components?

Why are you making it so hard to get gear for NiM players? You need the 248 gear to progress in these ops. You can't hope to take on the last boss without full 248 gear.

casirabit
07.28.2017 , 01:27 PM | #608

-eric
Thanks.
A girl should be two things: classy and fabulous. A girl should also always be a lady even when arguing Referral: http://www.swtor.com/r/VkfKqj

unibim
07.28.2017 , 01:28 PM | #609

-eric
But can you get it for free with enough currency?
Gravestone Self-Destruct button
Press in case of emergency need of referral link.

WTB [A Way To Change Forum Display Name]

Ottoattack
07.28.2017 , 01:34 PM | #610
Hey folks,

• Follow-up on Bolster discussion - It was clear from the discussion thread that most of you would like to see Bolster go as high as possible, while still meeting our teams goal of having gear progression be relevant. We will be increasing Bolsters to 242 in PvP for GU 5.5 as well.

Thanks everyone.

-eric
What does "GU 5.5," mean? Are we getting the bolster change in 5.4 or not?