Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Discussion Topic: Game Update 5.4 and the Next Roadmap

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > General Discussion
Discussion Topic: Game Update 5.4 and the Next Roadmap
First BioWare Post First BioWare Post

masterceil
07.28.2017 , 09:53 AM | #561
Quote: Originally Posted by Eshvara View Post
With companions around, I don't really feel like there's a need for a pet class, but that#s my opinion.
Also, SIS Agent, Imperial Trooper, Force Adept (could be a neutral, non-factional class). There are opportunities.
Appreciate the help/snark in the above post? Click here to help me out!
Celestial ArgonautsCelestial Dreadnauts
Star Forged from the Ebon Hawk cacd.enjin.com

DarthSpuds
07.28.2017 , 09:55 AM | #562
Quote: Originally Posted by masterceil View Post
Also, SIS Agent, Imperial Trooper, Force Adept (could be a neutral, non-factional class). There are opportunities.
Bounty Hunter and Smuggler should have been able to be cross factional depending on quest arcs and social choices anyway.

So many opportunities missed.

All The Best
#Is-This-As-Good-As-It-Gets?
Sub Expires@ 24/05/2018
If you think my comment has been helpful in anyway please >>Click Here<< for the Refer A Friend Bonus.

Thaladan
07.28.2017 , 10:09 AM | #563
Quote: Originally Posted by DarthSpuds View Post
Beast Master Jedi / Sith.

By the same token they could add in a Tech Pet User somewhat like the Engineer in Wildstar.

Can't believe there is not a Pet User class in this.

All The Best
was exactly my idea and what i want to see. a beastmaster sith and his mirror jedi with robots maybe (or other animals)

we saw these sith/jedi in some quests. ( a sith beastmaster to kill in Taris and a jedi with robot pets)

new class, a story around it, how can you don't want it?? this is needed in a MMORPG. and it will prove that the devs want to add a new starting content
Elite warlord sorcerer- sniper - powertech

Eshvara
07.28.2017 , 10:19 AM | #564
Implementing a new class is just too much effort, starting at 1-50, developing a whole story around it like you say, possibly for each faction. I'm not saying it wouldn't be cool, I just don't see it happening. Especially with what we're given in terms of story and how long it takes to get buffs/nerfs and utility changes. The budget already doesn't seem high, I don't see how a new class would fit into that. It certainly would be a surprise if they were to somehow pull it off.

And it's not so much that I don't want it, but given the state of the game, it just doesn't seem logical to do that right now.
#Arcannite
||Refer a friend🙋|| The wheel... spins... again.
💫Darth Malgus💫

Thaladan
07.28.2017 , 10:24 AM | #565
an effort other mmos do ! and this mmo is a subscribers mmo.

after 5 years this type of content is needed that's all if they want to see this game continue in a long time period.

it's a sign, and signs actually are no good.

and at least if they are very lazy and with little ressources, they can just create new class and implement it to a class story already existing.

example : new beastmaster sith class --> mara/jugg class story

Eshvara
07.28.2017 , 10:30 AM | #566
Other mmo's do a lot, WoW implements classes like there's no tomorrow. And crappy mmo's like Aion add new classes too.
Again, it would be fun and if more money was involved, it would be a nice idea. But as things are as they are now, it wouldn't make sense to do it.
Besides, Ea doesn't seem like they want to pump a whole lot of money into SWTOR. But 6.1mil for a cinematic seems to be alright.
#Arcannite
||Refer a friend🙋|| The wheel... spins... again.
💫Darth Malgus💫

EricMusco
07.28.2017 , 10:32 AM | #567 Click here to go to the next staff post in this thread. Next  
Hey folks,

Keith, Charles, and I wanted to apologize for our lack of posting this week. The whole team has been pretty heads down working on a variety of things and so we haven't paid you forum-goers our usual love. Here are a variety of things we have updates on or seen questions about.
  • Class Changes in 5.4 - We will make posts around each of the upcoming Class changes, akin to what we did with 5.3. My hope is to start those next week. Either way I will give you a better idea of timing next week.
  • Season 8 Rewards - The rewards blog is nearly finished and will contain all the deets, including tier breakdowns and reward screenshots. I am pretty confident it will go up next week as well. I will give you a status update next week.
  • Unassembled Component Changes - As Keith alluded to previously, there are Unassembled Component changes coming to PvP Mission Rewards. The TLDR is that we want you to be able to get more Unassembled Components each week overall while also making Ranked play a bit more appealing. We are in the final stages of locking down these exact numbers and so look for a post on this next week with the specifics.
  • Follow-up to Master Mode Ops Drops - Based on your feedback from the discussion thread, we are planning to add Unassembled Components to Master Mode boss drops with GU 5.5.
  • Follow-up on Bolster discussion - It was clear from the discussion thread that most of you would like to see Bolster go as high as possible, while still meeting our teams goal of having gear progression be relevant. We will be increasing Bolsters to 242 in PvP for GU 5.5 as well.
  • Umbara Stronghold - There were some questions about how this works. In short, you will need to run the Flashpoint to earn currency. That currency can be used to purchase rewards from a vendor, including a key to purchase the Stronghold. Once you have the key, you can then unlock the Stronghold for a reduced amount of Credits/CC. You cannot outright purchase the Stronghold, it has to be earned by running the Flashpoint to get the key.

Thanks everyone.

-eric
Eric Musco | Community Manager
Follow us on Twitter @SWTOR | Like us on Facebook
[Contact Us] [Rules of Conduct] [F.A.Q.]

Thaladan
07.28.2017 , 10:33 AM | #568
at least a keith's answer about it would be nice.

it's an important part of a MMO : to renew interest for old players AND give interest to new players to begin a class in same time as other players.

DarthSpuds
07.28.2017 , 10:36 AM | #569
Quote: Originally Posted by EricMusco View Post
[*]Unassembled Component Changes - As Keith alluded to previously, there are Unassembled Component changes coming to PvP Mission Rewards. The TLDR is that we want you to be able to get more Unassembled Components each week overall while also making Ranked play a bit more appealing. We are in the final stages of locking down these exact numbers and so look for a post on this next week with the specifics.
So still no chance for non PvPers to get UC from FPs.

Well done... ...not.

All The Best
#Is-This-As-Good-As-It-Gets?
Sub Expires@ 24/05/2018
If you think my comment has been helpful in anyway please >>Click Here<< for the Refer A Friend Bonus.

ZionHalcyon
07.28.2017 , 10:38 AM | #570
Quote: Originally Posted by EricMusco View Post
Hey folks,

Keith, Charles, and I wanted to apologize for our lack of posting this week. The whole team has been pretty heads down working on a variety of things and so we haven't paid you forum-goers our usual love. Here are a variety of things we have updates on or seen questions about.
  • Class Changes in 5.4 - We will make posts around each of the upcoming Class changes, akin to what we did with 5.3. My hope is to start those next week. Either way I will give you a better idea of timing next week.
  • Season 8 Rewards - The rewards blog is nearly finished and will contain all the deets, including tier breakdowns and reward screenshots. I am pretty confident it will go up next week as well. I will give you a status update next week.
  • Unassembled Component Changes - As Keith alluded to previously, there are Unassembled Component changes coming to PvP Mission Rewards. The TLDR is that we want you to be able to get more Unassembled Components each week overall while also making Ranked play a bit more appealing. We are in the final stages of locking down these exact numbers and so look for a post on this next week with the specifics.
  • Follow-up to Master Mode Ops Drops - Based on your feedback from the discussion thread, we are planning to add Unassembled Components to Master Mode boss drops with GU 5.5.
  • Follow-up on Bolster discussion - It was clear from the discussion thread that most of you would like to see Bolster go as high as possible, while still meeting our teams goal of having gear progression be relevant. We will be increasing Bolsters to 242 in PvP for GU 5.5 as well.
  • Umbara Stronghold - There were some questions about how this works. In short, you will need to run the Flashpoint to earn currency. That currency can be used to purchase rewards from a vendor, including a key to purchase the Stronghold. Once you have the key, you can then unlock the Stronghold for a reduced amount of Credits/CC. You cannot outright purchase the Stronghold, it has to be earned by running the Flashpoint to get the key.

Thanks everyone.

-eric
Eric, given the radio Silence from you guys for a bit, I think this was the perfect post to make.

Seriously you've been on the ball more than I've ever seen you out on the forums. Well done!