Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Server Merge Discussion Thread

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > General Discussion
Server Merge Discussion Thread
First BioWare Post First BioWare Post

IntegrationArch
07.21.2017 , 05:46 PM | #1521
I am ok with new level 1 or coupon 60 or 65 new toon lockdown.

The populations are way too low in relative numbers to keep them in that status. New toons need to be grouped as they level together for Estes or Hammer time on a standard or heavy server for obvious reasons.

DWho
07.21.2017 , 10:37 PM | #1522
Quote: Originally Posted by IntegrationArch View Post
I am ok with new level 1 or coupon 60 or 65 new toon lockdown.

The populations are way too low in relative numbers to keep them in that status. New toons need to be grouped as they level together for Estes or Hammer time on a standard or heavy server for obvious reasons.
Having a character creation server, one where a new player creates his first character, would be a good idea. Have the player select a region instead of a server the first time they create a character then they are automatically created on the most populous server in that region. They should be allowed to transfer off or create additional characters on other servers to fit their playstyle after that first character is created.

IntegrationArch
07.27.2017 , 08:34 PM | #1523
As long as guilds can recruit on your "character creation" server and player goes off to the next server, but this game's db won't support that idea, db is too isolated on each server is an island.

BilaDAD
07.27.2017 , 09:37 PM | #1524
Quote: Originally Posted by IntegrationArch View Post
Harbz not PVP

It may not be PVP as a server but in some areas it is .. my first day there i found a level 70 and kill it so it can be found

Khaleg
07.27.2017 , 11:03 PM | #1525
Given that this topic is urgent and overdue for AT LEAST 18 months now it seems outstanding incompentent and ignorant that they are just now only starting to think about it with no concrete plans/time schedule (see Keith's podcast interview). Ok, there was a change in responsibilities meanwhile but does it really matter/make a difference for us as customers? Of course not. Bottom line is, those of us with full extended guilds and a working community within these now very small guilds are trapped on plain dead servers with infinite queues even for veteran fps, then with NO pvp or gsf since 15 months and so on (not exaggerating here, there was not one pvp/gsf pop on Jar'kai Sword since then, how should there be with 120 "players" total on super prime time (both factions summed up), minimum 40 of them bots, and regarding the rest minimum 50 % low level/free player chars?!). The others, solo players without guilds, have to pay, even if it is not much nowadays, for a problem Bioware has to pay for and has to solve. Super duper business model Bioware!
It's unavoidable to come to the conclusion that Bioware is by far the most incompentent, ignorant and impudent company in the whole MMO business. You just have to compare how others reacted to the very same problem, and in which time frame they did so.

JediTahiri
07.27.2017 , 11:10 PM | #1526
Quote: Originally Posted by Khaleg View Post
Given that this topic is urgent and overdue for AT LEAST 18 months now it seems outstanding incompentent and ignorant that they are just now only starting to think about it with no concrete plans/time schedule (see Keith's podcast interview). Ok, there was a change in responsibilities meanwhile but does it really matter/make a difference for us as customers? Of course not. Bottom line is, those of us with full extended guilds and a working community within these now very small guilds are trapped on plain dead servers with infinite queues even for veteran fps, then with NO pvp or gsf since 15 months and so on (not exaggerating here, there was not one pvp/gsf pop on Jar'kai Sword since then, how should there be with 120 "players" total on super prime time, minimum 40 of them bots, and 70 % low level/free player chars?!). The others, solo players without guilds have to pay, even if it is not much nowadays, for a problem Bioware has to pay for and has to solve. Super duper business model Bioware!
It's unavoidable to come to the conclusion that Bioware is the most incompentent, ignorant and impudent company in the MMO business. You just have to compare how others reacted to the very same problem, and in which time frame they did so.
sadly you will probably get a warning for the post and it will be removed. all for just speaking the truth. The only thing that is not a pain in the *** is solo content.Everything else is just a pain to get a queue to pop for. It's been this way for almost 2 years now. There is no excuse for them to take this long to fix this issue.
Aela Surik - Jedi Guardian Tank on Star Forge
Caeden Marik - Sith Juggernaut Tank on Star Forge

Alcaponef
07.27.2017 , 11:17 PM | #1527
SWTOR is good game, but developers do everything too late, new operations, server merge. I know is difficult, but when they wouldnt need server merge if they would do ops early. 2 years no operation thats for PVE players terrible end.

Khaleg
07.27.2017 , 11:34 PM | #1528
Quote: Originally Posted by JediTahiri View Post
sadly you will probably get a warning for the post and it will be removed. all for just speaking the truth. The only thing that is not a pain in the *** is solo content.Everything else is just a pain to get a queue to pop for. It's been this way for almost 2 years now. There is no excuse for them to take this long to fix this issue.
If they actually block me for that, just for describing the very sad reality on Jar'kai Sword (and I think a few other European Servers as well) for 15 months now, at the moment even worse then EVER before, it just would confirm and underline my characterization of Bioware in my comment.
My hope is, even if they slept deeply for over 18 months now, that they at least now with the new producer come VERY QUICKLY to a solution to this. My patience is dead and gone. But the podcast is more than vague..., sadly. Sounds like we are speaking about several months here while it should have happened yesterday already.

merovejec
07.28.2017 , 01:17 AM | #1529
Merge the servers already!

Put TOFN and Progenitor into TRE!
Merovejec Merovex Meroveg Merovien Meroven Merovingian
Meroxer Raynarog Ray-narock Raynarock Raynaroc Raynarok
7 days of being a sub, try it! Refferal Link
Beaten the game?

Icykill_
07.28.2017 , 04:26 AM | #1530
Quote: Originally Posted by JediTahiri View Post
Why, they didn't break and TOS.
RIP APAC Players 😢😢😢😢💦
Please click this Refer a Friend link for free stuff