Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Darth Hexid companion, will it be possible to get her as a future companion?

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > General Discussion
Darth Hexid companion, will it be possible to get her as a future companion?
First BioWare Post First BioWare Post

Leklor
07.24.2017 , 12:50 PM | #21
Quote:
A Jedi Chiss on the other hand are unheard of.
It actually isn't!
Let me introduce a book series you probably didn't even know about: "The Clone Wars: Secret Missions", starring Jedi Apprentice Nuru Kungurama (Him: http://starwars.wikia.com/wiki/Nuru_Kungurama)!
And it's actually okay for a young reader series ^^

Quote:
Lol dude do you really think they measured the players choices? Cause sadly i know for sure, unless they fixed, that the dark light side wins wins are complete horse dump, that is probably just a random generator. The same way that initially most wins consisted on light side not most wins consist on dark side.
Well I remember the stream where they announced DvL, they unveiled the pre-event numbers and it was already 54% in favor of Light side. Add to that the fact that Darth Hexid was a very uninspired "Darth Maul but with *****" and it's not very hard to believe that LS did win by a fair margin.

Quote:
Sure towards the end it seamed to not move or get updated
It's not even surprising, it's just maths. As the number of decisions made increased, the percentage changes less and less. When you you have 4 decisions made and a 50/50 result for each side and one side gains one vote, the percentages shift to 60/40. But when thousand or even tens of thousand of decisions have been made, and if the general trend of LS leading doesn't change, the impact of DS choice is going to be lesser and lesser over time. To the point that the percentage didn't change anymore at the end. That or the sides balanced each other out and the number just "froze" as a result since LS already had the advantage.
This is a referral link, use at your own risk:
http://www.swtor.com/r/l72c4c

LordAppius
07.24.2017 , 06:58 PM | #22
Nonestly it was pretty predictable that the light side was going to win from day one dude

Sargrith
07.24.2017 , 07:28 PM | #23
I like the fact players decided something and it stuck. I think it would cheapen the LvD event if they did let Hexid show up.

Leklor
07.25.2017 , 01:13 AM | #24
Quote: Originally Posted by LordAppius View Post
Nonestly it was pretty predictable that the light side was going to win from day one dude
That's kind of what I'm saying but for different reasons than you do. Remember, Light Side was already in the lead BEFORE the event. It's only logical it would end up with an LS victory unless the DS reward was absolutely incredible (And I personally felt it was the least interesting of the two. Until I heard Ranos' voice acting.)

LordAppius
07.25.2017 , 05:35 AM | #25
Pros about Rannos (would have been the same with Hexid): apparently she met every single one of our comapnions through her voyages.

Cons: i personally dislike her, she has a terrible voice acting, her quotes/lines are horrible as hell.

We ay be suffering from nostalgia from our old comapnions and well the new ones are a bunch of horse crap with no story or background, just another cannon fodder.

Leklor
07.25.2017 , 07:44 AM | #26
Quote: Originally Posted by LordAppius View Post
Pros about Rannos (would have been the same with Hexid): apparently she met every single one of our comapnions through her voyages.

Cons: i personally dislike her, she has a terrible voice acting, her quotes/lines are horrible as hell.

We ay be suffering from nostalgia from our old comapnions and well the new ones are a bunch of horse crap with no story or background, just another cannon fodder.
Well Ranos was also a Chiss, a very popular race in the franchise, and an unlikely combination at that point of the timeline (I did mention Nuru Kungurama but that was during the Clone Wars) who dual-wielded vented lightsabers.
Hexid was, as many pointed out, a gender-swap of Maul in terms of design. Zabrak, Sith, saberstaff, all check.

And Ranos is very badly voiced, on that we agree. Both the line reading and the chosen VA. I always pictured Chiss as sounding very British no matter their alignement and here comes a Chiss that sounds like she's African-American (At least that's how I interpreted the accent.)

CharlesBoyd
07.25.2017 , 09:42 AM | #27 This is the last staff post in this thread.  
We definitely plan to make Darth Hexid available at some point in the future! We just haven't decided exactly how yet
Charles Boyd | Creative Director
Follow us on Twitter @SWTOR | Like us on Facebook
[Contact Us] [Rules of Conduct] [F.A.Q.]

Ralei
07.25.2017 , 09:56 AM | #28
Quote: Originally Posted by Leklor View Post
Well Ranos was also a Chiss, a very popular race in the franchise, and an unlikely combination at that point of the timeline (I did mention Nuru Kungurama but that was during the Clone Wars) who dual-wielded vented lightsabers.
Hexid was, as many pointed out, a gender-swap of Maul in terms of design. Zabrak, Sith, saberstaff, all check.

And Ranos is very badly voiced, on that we agree. Both the line reading and the chosen VA. I always pictured Chiss as sounding very British no matter their alignement and here comes a Chiss that sounds like she's African-American (At least that's how I interpreted the accent.)
I assume there's a back story there about why she sounds so different. I wish they would have given us something, a small quest, a conversation, even one of those short stories on the site, to make us care about having her. I like the way she looks, so I made up my own dumb story in my head.

If we get another companion added, whether it be Hexid or a new male force LI, or any of the old LIs brought back, I'm only interested in them if we get the story and interactions with them. That's the whole point. I don't want Vector back if he's going to return as Derp Vector. I don't want a mute Darth Hexid, unless we get to explore why she's mute.

casirabit
07.25.2017 , 10:10 AM | #29
Quote: Originally Posted by CharlesBoyd View Post
We definitely plan to make Darth Hexid available at some point in the future! We just haven't decided exactly how yet
Thank you.
A girl should be two things: classy and fabulous. A girl should also always be a lady even when arguing. If you like redheads click my Referral link Referral: http://www.swtor.com/r/VkfKqj

Eshvara
07.25.2017 , 10:14 AM | #30
Quote: Originally Posted by CharlesBoyd View Post
Awesome!
#Arcannite
||Refer a friend🙋|| The wheel... spins... again.
💫Darth Malgus💫