Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Returning player needs advice for managing multiple toons

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > Crew Skills
Returning player needs advice for managing multiple toons

Saintzzero
07.09.2017 , 07:34 AM | #1
Most of my old toons have Biochem. I have Armormech, Synthweaving, Biochem and Artifice to 600.

Should I even bother re-rolling crafting for the others? Are they even necessary at this point?

psandak
07.09.2017 , 07:45 AM | #2
Quote: Originally Posted by Saintzzero View Post
Most of my old toons have Biochem. I have Armormech, Synthweaving, Biochem and Artifice to 600.

Should I even bother re-rolling crafting for the others? Are they even necessary at this point?
That all depends on your desires.
  • Armstech produces barrels and augments (accuracy, overkill [power], fortitude [endurance]) and weapons (both static stat and moddable shells). If you have DPS tech user characters...armstech is useful.
  • Cybertech produces ear pieces, mods, enhancements, grenades. All characters need the first three and if you participate in PvP then the fourth is very useful.
The Ortzid Legacy on The Harbinger
Car'beerd (Guardian) Dalkery (Scoundrel) Blairnah (Sage) Daellia (Merc) and 11 other characters
Understanding Crew Skills / High End Schematics / Best Crew Skills / Crew Skill Money Making / Reverse Engineering Rules / SWTOR Story to date

Big_Marser
07.11.2017 , 03:12 AM | #3
I managed my toons that way:

1st: I have 6 crafters including their respective gathering and mission skills.
2nd: I created some toons only for gathering
3rd: I created some toons which have 2 gathering skills and 1 mission skill or 1 gathering, 2 mission
4th: most of the non-crafter gatherers have slicing as gathering skill leading to the following scheme:

3 Scavenging
2 Archeology
1 Bioanalyis
3 Slicing
1 Investigation
1 Diplomacy
1 Treasure Hunting
3 Underworld Trading

This leads to a optimal count of 12 toons (when crafters do not slicing, otherwise 7). Above this, you'll need every 5 toons do get this scheme work.

So my personal goal is to get every spec in the game makes 48 toons, 47 of them will do crew skills having:
6 crafters, 27 scavengers, 18 archeologists, 9 bioanalytics, 27 hackers, 27 underworld traders, 9 diplomats, 9 investigators and 9 treasure hunters.
active @ Tulak Hord
Currently 48 Chars
Republic: 13x Lvl70 Tier1, 11xLowLvl
Empire: 14x Lvl70 Tier1, 10x LowLvl

Asokhaa
07.13.2017 , 07:57 AM | #4
I suggest crafting (armor-augments) as much as you can to fill up the bank account. Also, some gathering skills are good for credit making. You can make millions per hour (at least on my server) selling stuff from craft-gathering. I would expand and have as many different as possible, since you can upgrade your own toon's armor also without paying 1mill for an augment..

GL

Mysfit
07.23.2017 , 07:26 PM | #5
Does a crafter draw mats out of the guild bank like they do the legacy bank.