Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Welcome to the Galactic Starfighter Forum!

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > Galactic Starfighter
Welcome to the Galactic Starfighter Forum!
First BioWare Post First BioWare Post

Dennisjg
02.03.2017 , 11:07 PM | #41
Hey everyone I just started getting into SF match s i was hoping for some tips?

caederon
02.04.2017 , 01:39 PM | #42
Welcome to GSF!

There is a GSF School YouTube channel with lots of content covering beginner and advanced topics. You might want to check out the Stock Ship series in particular, and can even skip the Overview and go directly to the first episode which is packed with info for beginners.

If text is more your thing, there are also several guides for beginners.

Use '/cjoin GSF' to join the GSF chat channel on your server of choice, and talk to other pilots. Group up, ask for advice, and you'll find it's not so hard to improve and learn the game!

There is also a very active GSF Discord, with lots of pilots signed up from all over the world.

- Despon

spawnlod
03.10.2017 , 09:59 PM | #43
The match ups for new players is ridiculously unfair. They bolster pvp so there is somewhat of an even playing field. GSF is a joke, plus it is all Gunship wars... I dont recall ANY Star Wars movie where they sat back and sniped the enemy. Then when you end up with a team full of Mastered ships vs a team of new players or new ships, it's a blow out. Then people complain about long GSF ques.... I wonder why.

GSF = Broken
"I'm 98% percent certain this miniature organic meatbag wants you to help find his fellow miniature organic meatbags.
The other 2% is that he is just looking for trouble and needs to be blasted, but that might just be wishful thinking on my part." - HK-47

clintonokc
07.09.2017 , 12:35 PM | #44
swtor.com dont be nerfing down anything. more maps...........

Strazzen
07.10.2017 , 12:31 AM | #45
Quote: Originally Posted by spawnlod View Post
The match ups for new players is ridiculously unfair. They bolster pvp so there is somewhat of an even playing field. GSF is a joke, plus it is all Gunship wars... I dont recall ANY Star Wars movie where they sat back and sniped the enemy. Then when you end up with a team full of Mastered ships vs a team of new players or new ships, it's a blow out. Then people complain about long GSF ques.... I wonder why.

GSF = Broken

It's not just GSF , but PvP in general . Unless you are in a PvP focused Guild , or have enough friends to routinely make Pre-Made WZ groups you are going to feel like "This is so Unfair!" . Newbie's come in, que Solo , does not matter if it is low, mid, or End Game WZ's , as a Solo PvP'r you get put in PuG's with others who mostly are just killing time , or farming WZ's so they can finish a Daily , or Weekly , or so they can get Conquest points or something.
Then , you see other's who are obviously in Pre-Made teams, groups , and you think "Man , we don't ever stand a chance against players / groups like that" , and most get discouraged and stop Queuing , or if they really want to PvP they go and Find a Guild /Friends to help them. Hopefully this is the outcome. But , some just get fed up of getting Steam Rolled over & over and just stop doing WZ' s all together ( this was me ). I mean, you hear the winning team's brag about how good they are and you just have to say "Sure, we'd kick you're but's if you were the PuG's, and we had a Pre-made team" . But, that ends up just feeding the Trolls , and frustrat'es you even more. I've found (In SW:TOR at least) that 97%+ of the PvP players that I meet / fight against in typical WZ's , I have next to nothing in common with them and would want nothing to do with them , outside of War Zones. I'd not be "Their Friend" , and most are just arrogant, Self-Absorbed, Salty Dikwad's that love to brag about how great they are , when in reality it's not how good they are , but how bad the opposing team is. And , it's that way in WZ's , Free Form World PvP , and GSF . It's also why , when I started out and moved over to World of Warcraft for Legion's launch that I refused to do PvP at all . I figured "I've seen this show before. No sense in trying something that I know is just going to end up failing" . I figured , if PvP is like that in SW:TOR , it is probably very, very similar in other MMO's like SW:TOR , and since SW:TOR is basically a WoW clone , safe to say PvP is going to be very similar as well. Same with Elder Scrolls Online , and other MMO's I've tried. Figured , Don't need to go there , I know how things will end up . Now , I'm not 100% sure how things really would be if I did WoW Battle Grounds , or Open World PvP in ESO , but I'm scared enough from SW:TOR crappy PvP that I don;t even want to try any other now. Just not worth the effort in my mind.
And so yes , we all can agree : GSF is broken. Has been for some time . And , IMO , PvP sucks in general , in SW:TOR . All forms of it , GSF , WZ's , and Open World. Too many Salty, T-Bagging Dikwad's , not enough Elder Players that are willing to take a Newbie under their wing and show them "How it's Done" . Sad , but true.
"The only thing that has ever mattered in Battle & War is
'The W' . Winning is not everything , it is the only thing. "
http://www.swtor.com/r/dyZ5v8<--Click for Referral Free Stuff

AlrikFassbauer
07.22.2017 , 08:33 AM | #46
F1 to F4 are used as specific terms, but where can I see what they mean ? http://www.swtor.com/community/showthread.php?t=927139
Complex minds
will create
Complex problems.

Greezt
07.22.2017 , 08:46 AM | #47
Verain states clearly what each of them means. F4 is balanced power mode, F1 is power to weapons, F2 is power to shields, and F3 id power to engines. In any case, the tutorial explains how to swap power, and you can check out Stasie's guide stickied here for more info.