Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

What did you do to the Tier 4 Command Crate RNG??

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > General Discussion
What did you do to the Tier 4 Command Crate RNG??
First BioWare Post First BioWare Post

aethell
07.19.2017 , 05:22 PM | #41
Quote: Originally Posted by teclado View Post
Speaking of a new gear tier, anybody else getting the feeling that this double CXP event is a precursor to a new tier coming out fairly soon? I'm thinking maybe August or September. Tier 5 (254) and Galactic Command cap raised to 400? I'm not happy about it - don't shoot me, I'm just the messenger.
I'm going to give them credit for not being that stupid (now that someone new is in charge). I could be wrong... but I'm going to stay optimistic since they already almost upped the cap and then reversed gear because the new management actually listened and understood we didn't want it.
New Producer... A New Hope?

Thruine
07.19.2017 , 10:58 PM | #42
I don't see them raising the GC level myself. First off, wow I can already feel that backlash. And really GC is serving its purpose. I'd be fine if they removed gear completely (and scrap) so we just get decorations, pets, mounts and appearance gear from them. Its nice if you get a gear drop from them but there's more to the game than gear and GC needs to step back from being the focus of it.

question is, would removing gear from them mean an end to all the activities and thus people we have to play the game with? Is gear the driving force that keeps us all being able to grab groups up quickly? I dunno. I try my best to not pay attention to it because I don't want it to be a reason to play.

Decidion
07.20.2017 , 11:08 AM | #43
Quote: Originally Posted by SentinelThain View Post
50 crates done,not 1 piece of 248 anything.
Absolute joke.
And no it's not funny.
And still this whole topic is ignored by BioWare. Even a response that "no, were not going to do anything" would be far better than continuing to ignore it after multiple threads and PM's to Musco.

THAT is what is so aggravating and why I have one foot out the door even after years of significant investment in the game. Sure, continue to ignore us and soon it will be both feet, following the masses that have already left.

Severith
07.20.2017 , 11:15 AM | #44
Quote: Originally Posted by casirabit View Post
There is an issue when the blue armoring will destroy the set bonuses. You cannot put a blue quality on top of a purple or gold armring and keep the bonus. The blue will destroy the bonus which can be the problem. The blue may be okay for your weapon but not for your armor if you have set pieces.
The blues have set bonuses. If you are saying there is some sort of bug that ruins it, that's a separate issue. If you didn't realize that blues had the set bonuses, then you're like the rest of the people who wrote off the blues despite them being pretty solid pieces.

Foambreaker
07.20.2017 , 11:43 AM | #45
Quote: Originally Posted by Severith View Post
You say T4 blues are trash, then admit that the armoring/hilt/barrels are better than anything in t3, then admit the enhancements are as good as the best ones in t3, then complain about the mods. Sounds like T4 blues are a bunch of upgrades to me, unless you're in full 246 or 248. ..
They are not as purty colored

EricMusco
07.20.2017 , 02:47 PM | #46 This is the last staff post in this thread.  
Hey folks,

I wanted to address some of the questions / concerns here in the thread. First, we have made no adjustments to the drop rate of items from Command Crates since we introduced Tier 4 and rebalanced the drops from Tier 1-3. If you see that there seems to be a change in what you are experiencing at some point, throw that in bug reports and we can look into it.

Second, it is definitely our intent that 248 Legendary items are pretty uncommon from Command Crates but keep in mind that you can consistently get them from other sources. You can upgrade into one from using Unassembled Components or get them as drops from Master Mode final bosses and Veteran Gods From the Machine. This happened as part of our shift to make Galactic Command more supplementary to your gearing.

However, as with all things, please keep feedback coming! We are always open to making further changes where and if they are needed.

-eric
Eric Musco | Community Manager
Follow us on Twitter @SWTOR | Like us on Facebook
[Contact Us] [Rules of Conduct] [F.A.Q.]

masterceil
07.20.2017 , 02:52 PM | #47
Quote: Originally Posted by EricMusco View Post
Hey folks,

I wanted to address some of the questions / concerns here in the thread. First, we have made no adjustments to the drop rate of items from Command Crates since we introduced Tier 4 and rebalanced the drops from Tier 1-3. If you see that there seems to be a change in what you are experiencing at some point, throw that in bug reports and we can look into it.

Second, it is definitely our intent that 248 Legendary items are pretty uncommon from Command Crates but keep in mind that you can consistently get them from other sources. You can upgrade into one from using Unassembled Components or get them as drops from Master Mode final bosses and Veteran Gods From the Machine. This happened as part of our shift to make Galactic Command more supplementary to your gearing.

However, as with all things, please keep feedback coming! We are always open to making further changes where and if they are needed.

-eric
That impending Keith 5.4 post gonna talk about legacy UC, UC from other sources, or getting BiS from NiM every boss like it should be?

Just curious
Appreciate the help/snark in the above post? Click here to help me out!
Celestial ArgonautsCelestial Dreadnauts
Star Forged from the Ebon Hawk cacd.enjin.com

TUXs
07.20.2017 , 03:02 PM | #48
Second, it is definitely our intent that 248 Legendary items are pretty uncommon from Command Crates but keep in mind that you can consistently get them from other sources. You can upgrade into one from using Unassembled Components or get them as drops from Master Mode final bosses and Veteran Gods From the Machine.

-eric
You've succeeded in making them VERY rare Eric...that doesn't make it a good policy though. And until UC's are doubled from WZ's and prices cut in half, and UC's become available from sources other than just PvP, it's really not at all realistic to gear that way. RNG is still the #1 issue with gearing right now, and you've really got to address that elephant going forward.
All warfare is based on deception If his forces are united, separate them If you are far from the enemy, make him believe you are near A leader leads by example not by force
My referral code: here What you get: here (1 FREE transfer 7-day FREE sub FREE Jumpstart and Preferred Bundles)

teclado
07.20.2017 , 03:11 PM | #49
Quote: Originally Posted by masterceil View Post
That impending Keith 5.4 post gonna talk about legacy UC, UC from other sources, or getting BiS from NiM every boss like it should be?
Eric pls. I beg of you. Legacy UC pweeeaaaassseeee!!
SS
Malovo - Marauder

Exly
07.20.2017 , 03:16 PM | #50
Hey folks,

-eric
Thank you for letting us know that you are intentionally sticking it to us. I had already assumed as much, but I'm glad to know that you have now admitted it.

The truth is I though that with the recent favoritism that you guys have displayed towards melee, I am now trying to grind gear for multiple characters so that I can test them and select one to replace my ranged dps, and having such a low drop rate is frustrating me, and it is making me wonder once again why I pay you to play this game.