Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer
×

Exploits and Galactic Command

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > General Discussion
Exploits and Galactic Command
First BioWare Post First BioWare Post

Kissakias's Avatar


Kissakias
04.13.2017 , 05:42 PM | #171
making the gear up a lottery is the badest move in an MMO
Join us and earn gooood rewards using my referral http://www.swtor.com/r/ZvPhZd... Be a suber today!!
--54665--achievement points--

Princz's Avatar


Princz
04.14.2017 , 04:53 AM | #172
Too many exploiters also in Ranked... i wouldn't bother making this post but it is getting rather annoying since is getting often from more and more people. Caprica is off the map showing dead winning rounds in Acid on The Red eclipse server.

Fix these stuff guys

http://imgur.com/a/4qUTX
Princz - Sage healer of the Republic
Fantastico - sneaky assasin of the Empire
"idiots are invincible"

Princz's Avatar


Princz
04.14.2017 , 05:57 AM | #173
Princz - Sage healer of the Republic
Fantastico - sneaky assasin of the Empire
"idiots are invincible"

WilliamBeckket's Avatar


WilliamBeckket
05.09.2017 , 05:14 PM | #174
Testing testing it is 10 may 9:14 am right now at post

WilliamBeckket's Avatar


WilliamBeckket
05.09.2017 , 05:22 PM | #175
Exploiters or hackers, too many people in wz server count. If there is multiple games on why have instance if not used there is like 40 imp players 30 of hem level 70. That not including republic players. Other players moving quickly like super speed, people use fake death to avoid actual dying and exploiting to get to pylons quickly. Oh and why does my moves not work the same for everyone else. Either they are lying or they cheat and changed the meters. Because phase walk barely goes half way across an arena let alone the full arena. Static bubble does not heal if someone is hitting you. And 5.2 was lagging free for me I could get some of the datacrons I couldn't because of the lag and refresh problems. It's back to being bad again.

XorrOn's Avatar


XorrOn
05.12.2017 , 04:36 PM | #176
Quote: Originally Posted by Kissakias View Post
making the gear up a lottery is the badest move in an MMO
I gotta agree with this 100%
I really don't like this new "gambling" system of getting gear. I have a character around lvl 50 command who has 2 set peices from the command boxes and a lvl 9 sniper with the same number of set pieces. My (Command) lvl 40 something
Alt has 1 set item. So my level 9 sniper has more set pieces then my level 48ish alt.
This is insanity to me. Your leveling up (Except for the tiers) means nothing in regards to getting set items. It's just a total gamble on what gear is gonna pop outta that command crate unless you pvp.
At least the Pvp system works where you can be upgrading your gear as you gain levels in pvp. This is how an MMO should reward your time invested into the game.
The problem for me and I'm sure a lot of others out there, I don't pvp.
So if you don't want to PVP they are now forcing you to play through 100s of command levels to "Maybe" update your gear.
IMHO this is the Worst mistake SWTOR has made since the games release. People (Myself included) are starting to get tired of opening box after box of junk that goes nowhere but furthering your next command level. I myself am starting to consider leaving the game again due to this system alone. This really sucks as I love this game and have invested a lot of time and money into it. I guess I just don't see the thrill in gambling for set items.
I think they should totally overhaul the command crate system and change it to the system that is in place for PVP. This gives players new gear as they advance through the levels and feels much more rewarding then an item you gambled for.

Tharandil's Avatar


Tharandil
05.24.2017 , 12:52 AM | #177
Quote: Originally Posted by XorrOn View Post
I gotta agree with this 100%
I really don't like this new "gambling" system of getting gear. I have a character around lvl 50 command who has 2 set peices from the command boxes and a lvl 9 sniper with the same number of set pieces. My (Command) lvl 40 something
Alt has 1 set item. So my level 9 sniper has more set pieces then my level 48ish alt.
This is insanity to me. Your leveling up (Except for the tiers) means nothing in regards to getting set items. It's just a total gamble on what gear is gonna pop outta that command crate unless you pvp.
At least the Pvp system works where you can be upgrading your gear as you gain levels in pvp. This is how an MMO should reward your time invested into the game.
The problem for me and I'm sure a lot of others out there, I don't pvp.
So if you don't want to PVP they are now forcing you to play through 100s of command levels to "Maybe" update your gear.
IMHO this is the Worst mistake SWTOR has made since the games release. People (Myself included) are starting to get tired of opening box after box of junk that goes nowhere but furthering your next command level. I myself am starting to consider leaving the game again due to this system alone. This really sucks as I love this game and have invested a lot of time and money into it. I guess I just don't see the thrill in gambling for set items.
I think they should totally overhaul the command crate system and change it to the system that is in place for PVP. This gives players new gear as they advance through the levels and feels much more rewarding then an item you gambled for.
PVP or doing OPS is a great way of getting better bonusgear. Just participate in the daily GF or ask around at the fleet for a group that is forming. It is in my experience a better way than crancking up GC to rank 300.

Please use my signature link and I'll be grateful!
Use my Referral Link for a Free Bundle and 7 Day Subscription
http://www.swtor.com/r/3yFZKg

NeoBlakkrstal's Avatar


NeoBlakkrstal
06.23.2017 , 05:56 AM | #178
Quote: Originally Posted by EricMusco View Post
[*]If you happen to hear about a possible exploit, do not test it yourself. This can leave you open to action being taken against your account.[/list]
As a reminder, an exploit is using the game in an unintended manner to gain an advantage, typically through the use of a bug or subversion of game mechanics.

If anyone is discovered to have abused an exploit related to CXP we intend to take severe action, including:
  • Resetting that character(s) Command Rank to 1
  • Stripping all gear/items earned from Galactic Command
  • Standard ToS action up to and including permanent ban

Again, if you discover an exploit, please refrain from using it and report it to us privately as soon as possible.
Unfortunately, as this is my first, and only, foray into the world of MMO's, I wouldn't know what is, or is not, an exploit, if it bit me right in my face. I would hope that EAware wouldn't bring the smack down on someone who quite innocently stumbled upon something unintended and used it without realizing that it was in fact an "exploit". Not having access to the minds, and intentions of the Devs, I have no way of knowing if something is intended, or not. Seems rather harsh to destroy my account over something done in ignorance.

Wagerbane's Avatar


Wagerbane
07.18.2017 , 07:00 AM | #179
The customers can not help it on what inside the game. Online game companies can have crooked people work as employees did a cyber crime on most online games. Star Wars The Old republic is a mess but not all of it. Recommend use the game build from Feb 2011 year and apply it with Enteral Empire game build. Allow a player call out more companions for add companions in a group. Do you wanted the customers have the homeland security check out the cyber crime is going on inside the online game companies. Make sense and needs it.

Manathayria's Avatar


Manathayria
07.19.2017 , 08:32 PM | #180
Quote: Originally Posted by NeoBlakkrstal View Post
Unfortunately, as this is my first, and only, foray into the world of MMO's, I wouldn't know what is, or is not, an exploit, if it bit me right in my face. I would hope that EAware wouldn't bring the smack down on someone who quite innocently stumbled upon something unintended and used it without realizing that it was in fact an "exploit". Not having access to the minds, and intentions of the Devs, I have no way of knowing if something is intended, or not. Seems rather harsh to destroy my account over something done in ignorance.
*responds to the necro*

If it's not intended, it's a good chance you'll pick up on it. IE: accepting missions from galactic command and having them auto complete everytime you accept - but noting that other missions from GC for other planets do not auto complete everytime. This should be a flag to you the player that something is not right.

Generally they take action when you're doing something that a reasonable person would expect to/can deduce from playing other parts of the game that it was/is an exploit.