Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Are you getting any 246 mods schematics?

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > Crew Skills
Are you getting any 246 mods schematics?

DantonRoi
07.01.2017 , 07:15 AM | #11
You can get it also by re-engineering 246 mods from dropped 246 gear in CXP crates.
Merceile - Sage Healer
Th˛rÓ - Sage

https://www.twitch.tv/dantonroi

Kyuuu
07.01.2017 , 02:03 PM | #12
Quote: Originally Posted by Vercundus View Post
Since Tier 4 schematics are present in the game, I've to say that not a single "good" one dropped for me.

From CXP crates I got tons of static 246, that are useless. I had over a hundred levels at 300 so far and nothing.
From PVP I got 1 unbalanced tanking mod.

How's your luck?
mod and enchantment scheme come from warzone crates only short of re 246 purple from 246 that drop from crates, Command crates just drop adaptive armor/ear/implant/weaons/offhands/relics schemes, and the RNG gods the rule this game are unkind and cruel to most people

Exocor
07.02.2017 , 08:21 AM | #13
246 ears, implants, relics: Command Crates with Command Level 300 or higher. (quality is not as good as the non-schematic-246 ones dropping in crates)
246 Mods: Bosses 1+2, Daily PvP-Boxes, Weekly PvP-Boxes (ranked&unranked)
246 Enhancements: bosses 3+4 (except of Kephess@EC), Weekly PvP-Boxes (ranked&unranked)
246 Hilts, Barrels, Armorings: Last Bosses (NiM), Weekly PvP-Boxes (ranked&unranked)

The distribution in S&V is a bit different, due to the fact, that it has 7 bosses: 1, 2, 3 (Mods); 4, 5 (Enhancements); 6 (Hilts, Barrels, Armorings), 7 (random). EC has one enhancement-slot less, so just boss 3 drops an enhancement, boss 4 drops hilt, barrel or armoring.

Also, those Inlays can be reengineered through modable 246-armorings and weapons out of crates. Set-Bonus-Armorings can be reengineered, but can't be crafted with set-bonus. Implants, Ears and Relics can't be reengineered.

Concerning to the "usefulness of static schematics" the main reason, why they are less popular, is, that they are non-set. Me, for example, I use the highest possible armoring with set-bonus (230 at least, because they are available at a fleets vendor) and combine it with the highest possible mods and enhancements (so, 246 craftable, or 248, that are not needed at the character, where they dropped). The set-bonus gives more advantage, than the +20 mastery or so gained through the better "armorings". However, the only exception in this point is a tank, where I usually use old 224 (or 230) belt and bracers (belt and bracers have the lowest armor rating) for the 2-piece-set-bonus + 5 other pieces from my main char, that are all 248 atm to have the highest possible armor rating (-> damage reduction) and the 2-piece-set-bonus, that gains extra 4% DR by using one of the core rotation abilitys.
Infinitas Coryak - Tulak Hord Nox
--
Check our Sale Offers!

JediAkemi
07.15.2017 , 08:13 AM | #14
I find crafted MK-4 or MK-14 is good for left side (as there's never a set bonus to worry about) though as others have said, the stat distribution is not as optimal as the matching MK-3s & MK-13s (and overall value is lower than the matching MK-5s & MK-15s) but for the Iokath and GEMINI 4s that I can make, it means my alts pretty much bypass tiers 1 & 2 completely on the left side.
For mods and enhancements (especially on healers) I can jump my alts to tier 3 (as long as I have enough VMCs) so the only things they need are the set-piece armourings. At the moment I can only skip my tanks to tier 2.

But yeah, schematics for 246 mods & enhancements drop from NiM Ops and can drop in the crates for completing PVP Dailies & Weeklies once you hit GC300

psandak
07.15.2017 , 08:19 AM | #15
I got my first left side 246 schematic from a command crate yesterday: adept (crit) ear piece. I do not track my crates but I have easily opened 100-150 before seeing this one schematic. So they do exist....just VERY rare (or very unlucky )
The Ortzid Legacy on The Harbinger
Car'beerd (Guardian) Dalkery (Scoundrel) Blairnah (Sage) Daellia (Merc) and 11 other characters
Understanding Crew Skills / High End Schematics / Best Crew Skills / Crew Skill Money Making / Reverse Engineering Rules / SWTOR Story to date

Vercundus
07.17.2017 , 05:28 AM | #16
That's both promising and disappointing. I did state earlier that such schematics dropped regularly in previous tiers. 1% drop rate cannot be "bad luck". I've a feeling they are trying to make top end crafters go to NiM OPs for schematics.
Choices matter... I choose not to sub until conquest is fixed...

My referral link http://www.swtor.com/r/jRpChs

psandak
07.17.2017 , 10:32 AM | #17
Quote: Originally Posted by Vercundus View Post
That's both promising and disappointing. I did state earlier that such schematics dropped regularly in previous tiers. 1% drop rate cannot be "bad luck". I've a feeling they are trying to make top end crafters go to NiM OPs for schematics.
I think you are partially correct. One of the unintended consequences of GC is that many NiM ops groups are requiring 246/248 equipment to even get into the group. This is ironic/a problem because it is 248 tokens that drop from NiM ops...so you need the gear you get from NiM ops to enter NiM ops in the first place . It used to be that a group would need everyone in full HM ops gear before moving into NiM, struggle on the first boss, get it down, get some rewards, struggle on second while getting everyone the piece from the first, down the second, get some rewards, etc etc etc.

In addition, there has always been a strange paradigm in this game that you get schematics for equipment you not longer need; In the past - when one could RE dropped stuff for schematics - RE would be reserved for when no one in the group needed that piece anymore; and now if you are running NiM ops chances are you already have 246/248 gear. Either way the schematics that drop are not so much for you and/or your compatriots, they are for profit and/or alts.
The Ortzid Legacy on The Harbinger
Car'beerd (Guardian) Dalkery (Scoundrel) Blairnah (Sage) Daellia (Merc) and 11 other characters
Understanding Crew Skills / High End Schematics / Best Crew Skills / Crew Skill Money Making / Reverse Engineering Rules / SWTOR Story to date

Storm-Cutter
07.17.2017 , 11:47 PM | #18
I have 6 - I think mostly from PvP weekly rewards. - There probably aren't many more to collect after that.
I have enough of the mats to make plenty of them, but demand seems low, and I'm not gearing my alts....So they'll just sit in the archive, and the mats stay in the bank until I change my mind.
If anyone is curious, I could list then in a further post.
-Storm Cutter.
Like my comment? Refer me and also give a homeless Bantha a new start in life. Just click here.
Cool lightsabre art: ****.**================