Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Make lightsabers or buy them?

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > Crew Skills
Make lightsabers or buy them?

CoolLeT
03.01.2012 , 05:51 PM | #11
but aside from artifice, what are the other crew skills that will help you to create or upgrade your lighsabers. I have level 28 sentinel, and still confused how to create one, I do sometime loot or rewarded with mods, but I want to create for myself with the help of my crew. any suggestion, would be greatly appreciated I have artifice, treasure hunting and underworld trading on my crew skills list and I have a lot of purple gems too, and I do not know where to use them..
I love using lightsaber on bread.

Battilea
03.01.2012 , 06:05 PM | #12
As people have said, to create one, Artifice, at max skill, using a dropped material from HMs/OPs.

And as to what other craftskills work with that, well, artifice makes hilts, color crystals, and enhancements. Cybertech makes regular mods.

Shurato
03.01.2012 , 06:14 PM | #13
Quote: Originally Posted by CoolLeT View Post
but aside from artifice, what are the other crew skills that will help you to create or upgrade your lighsabers. I have level 28 sentinel, and still confused how to create one, I do sometime loot or rewarded with mods, but I want to create for myself with the help of my crew. any suggestion, would be greatly appreciated I have artifice, treasure hunting and underworld trading on my crew skills list and I have a lot of purple gems too, and I do not know where to use them..
Well, the trifecta for Artifice is Artifice (crystals, hilts, enhancements, sabers at higher levels) + Archaeology (color crystals, artifact fragments, bonding materials) + treasure hunting (gemstones for higher end crystals).

Cybertech lets you craft mods to go into sabers and works well with Scavenging (metals, compounds, bonding materials) and Underworld Trading (metals and compounds for higher grade crafting).

Personally I'd got with the high level Artificer and buy mods with commendations.

CoolLeT
03.06.2012 , 09:59 PM | #14
Quote: Originally Posted by Shurato View Post
Well, the trifecta for Artifice is Artifice (crystals, hilts, enhancements, sabers at higher levels) + Archaeology (color crystals, artifact fragments, bonding materials) + treasure hunting (gemstones for higher end crystals).

Cybertech lets you craft mods to go into sabers and works well with Scavenging (metals, compounds, bonding materials) and Underworld Trading (metals and compounds for higher grade crafting).

Personally I'd got with the high level Artificer and buy mods with commendations.
Thank you for the advice, btw so far, I only have 3 crew and I still have to get doc. but I think I need to remove my underworld trading then in exchange to archeology.. Many Thanks
I love using lightsaber on bread.

Raygun_Gothic
07.14.2017 , 12:47 PM | #15
i was lucky enough to find "radient blade" somebody had made, as i neared lvl 48. i think it's one of the coolest looking lightsabers in the game. there's a few others i like as well, but there's a god-awful lot of dumb looking ones, too...

sumquy
07.14.2017 , 02:39 PM | #16
i would tell you not to even bother or worry about it because leveling goes so fast. you can literally outlevel the lightsabers you are making in the time it takes to craft them. since the trailblazer set came out that gives bonus xp as the set bonus, that is all i use for leveling without any armoring, mods, or enhancements at all. for the left side i just throw in whatever drops i get and upgrade when something better comes along. the weak mobs all still die in one aoe and the strongs and golds die right behind them. once you get to 70 is teh time to start paying attention to what your gear does for you.
...how i learned to love the dot and other short stories.

Senjak_Hime
07.14.2017 , 05:35 PM | #17
Quote: Originally Posted by dreamdahon View Post
I agree. I would use any orange lightsaber till you hit 50 just keeping the upgrades updated when you can. Besides as far as im aware, the only craftable lightsabers are lvl 48+ but those can be critted on and best you can get till you get to higher raiding stuff
Really? I've a whole crafting army going collecting parts to make lightsabers, double light sabers, blaster pistols, blaster rifles, and heck lots and lots of other stuff.

Minimum level is 10 for the entry level stuff, but you craft the blues and then break them down to learn the purple pattern for that level range.

Oh, and have a crafter to make enhancement kits to add a slot to weapons and armor.

Pretty much the crafted gear is far better than anything you're going to get as a drop up to level 70, though the heroics can be close.

BraverDre
07.15.2017 , 12:54 AM | #18
better just buy them of GTN or rank up ur command rank after u read lvl 70

caryfarn
07.15.2017 , 07:32 AM | #19
Quote: Originally Posted by Senjak_Hime View Post
Really? I've a whole crafting army going collecting parts to make lightsabers, double light sabers, blaster pistols, blaster rifles, and heck lots and lots of other stuff.

Minimum level is 10 for the entry level stuff, but you craft the blues and then break them down to learn the purple pattern for that level range.

Oh, and have a crafter to make enhancement kits to add a slot to weapons and armor.

Pretty much the crafted gear is far better than anything you're going to get as a drop up to level 70, though the heroics can be close.
Check the date maybe? This whole thread was made back in 2012 before the guy above you necro'd it.