Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Big Mistake in Cartel ad on Launcher

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > General Discussion
Big Mistake in Cartel ad on Launcher
First BioWare Post First BioWare Post

JadenStar
07.12.2017 , 02:34 PM | #1
How many of you look at your launcher Ads, when you log in ? Well I did in fact and saw for a price of 2,100 cartel coins in us dollar equals about $ 10.00. for a Nexu Mount ok .... So I log in-game and see some thing totally different, for the price of 2,100 cartel coins,IS NOT A MOUNT but a Companion/pet Nexu , I look thought the whole Cartel Market on line every page location and did not find a mount. What is wrong with this picture.... Some one needs to Fix the mistake.....
(█████ Master Beta Tester █████▐ ▓]▤▤▣▤▤[▓▐)

“I find your lack of faith disturbing” – Darth Vader

MissilyMilcasia
07.12.2017 , 02:43 PM | #2
I put in a ticket yesterday, still no response.

I'm honestly worried about what is going on with the team. This expansion had more bugs than content! 1 Op, 1 Stronghold.

Meanwhile:
Wrong Nexu either advertised or on sale
Numerous Deco Mislabels for Deepwater Essentials
Skinny Dipping Companions in Manaan Stronghold
Manaan SH is not a rest area
And, above all... operations GF is STILL BUGGED SINCE PRE 5.3.
And the weapon tuning/crystal problems that I actually dont know about but have heard about

I'm trying to believe in Bioware that theyre getting things together and gonna reverse ship, but when little expansions lead to massive problems, thats worrisome. Even worse is that there seems to be no comment or effort on fixing these things by bioware.

Maxiono Lightcrest (Scoundrel Healer)
Aisthesis, The Ebon Hawk

JadenStar
07.12.2017 , 02:59 PM | #3
The main thing here is Some one has drop the ball in Quality Control , the fact Launch Ad Shows a Nexu mount , the Cartel Market shows a Nexu pet/companion never the less some one is at Fault did not check or double check before sending in game or checking the launcher. that is why you Beta test before release something and get all the major mistakes before it comes around and Bites you back.
(█████ Master Beta Tester █████▐ ▓]▤▤▣▤▤[▓▐)

“I find your lack of faith disturbing” – Darth Vader

Zerileth
07.12.2017 , 03:16 PM | #4
Quote: Originally Posted by MissilyMilcasia View Post
This expansion had more bugs than content!

Their patches/expansion always have more bugs than content. This game's drowning in Killiks. And I speak for everybody.
. <--------just this little red dot

Kurj
07.12.2017 , 03:22 PM | #5
Add the gathering mission companion influence bug to that list.
Begeren Colony

Elmendra | Ozeranski | Tr'sain | Kurj

Andryah
07.12.2017 , 04:45 PM | #6
Quote: Originally Posted by Kurj View Post
Add the gathering mission companion influence bug to that list.
This is being fixed tomorrow in patch 5.3a. See the sticky thread at the top of the forum??

Maybe check devtracker more often.
When you find yourself surrounded by hostile Clowns... always go for the "Juggler" first.

Andryah
07.12.2017 , 04:47 PM | #7
Quote: Originally Posted by JadenStar View Post
The main thing here is Some one has drop the ball in Quality Control , the fact Launch Ad Shows a Nexu mount , the Cartel Market shows a Nexu pet/companion never the less some one is at Fault did not check or double check before sending in game or checking the launcher. that is why you Beta test before release something and get all the major mistakes before it comes around and Bites you back.
Clearly, the marketing people that put together the splash pages on the launcher are different people from the actual developers for CM content/sales. And.. clearly, they do not communicate well with each other. We have seen this sort of thing before, and we will see it again I am sure.
When you find yourself surrounded by hostile Clowns... always go for the "Juggler" first.

MotherCrusher
07.12.2017 , 04:48 PM | #8
Quote: Originally Posted by Andryah View Post
Clearly, the marketing people that put together the splash pages on the launcher are different people from the actual developers for CM content/sales. And.. clearly, they do not communicate well with each other. We have seen this sort of thing before, and we will see it again I am sure.
check the times, it was not up by the time
http://www.swtor.com/r/yh6KMd <- click for 7 days of free sub and other goodies!

EricMusco
07.12.2017 , 04:55 PM | #9 This is the last staff post in this thread.  
Thank you for the heads up on this, passing it on to the team. I am pretty sure the Companion in the store is correct, not the launcher/blog which states Mount. Let me verify.

-eric
Eric Musco | Community Manager
Follow us on Twitter @SWTOR | Like us on Facebook
[Contact Us] [Rules of Conduct] [F.A.Q.]

Kurj
07.12.2017 , 04:57 PM | #10
Quote: Originally Posted by Andryah View Post
This is being fixed tomorrow in patch 5.3a. See the sticky thread at the top of the forum??

Maybe check devtracker more often.
That thread was posted 30 minutes after my comment. Maybe check the post times?
Begeren Colony

Elmendra | Ozeranski | Tr'sain | Kurj