Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Players "Wall of Crazy" ideas

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > General Discussion
Players "Wall of Crazy" ideas
First BioWare Post First BioWare Post

Einobi
07.05.2017 , 07:16 AM | #51
Enable a pvp mode where non-fighting role can be played. For example, non-fighting players can man some station (cannon station etc) or drive vehicles. Not all players can fight optimally due to lag and gear issue and what not but enable them to still contribute in non-fighting role. (Closest role atm is to guard node in wz, you don't have to fight till enemy come to take node. But still you will end up fighting.)

IntegrationArch
07.05.2017 , 08:28 AM | #52
Starting a legit Gofundme with BW & Keith/Eric and team to get 80 fps using DX12 either Frostbite or hybrid with DX11 and use existing HeroEngine:

Thread see my post about this:

http://www.swtor.com/community/showthread.php?t=926518

WorldSmasher
07.05.2017 , 08:34 AM | #53
Quote: Originally Posted by fifteendollers View Post
A suggestion forum.
That's a really awesome idea.... They should call it "Suggestion Box."

Spoiler

WorldSmasher
07.05.2017 , 08:42 AM | #54
Quote: Originally Posted by Einobi View Post
Put dye modules into the collection so that we can unlock for all our alts.
Only Cartel dyes, otherwise the crafted dyes will stop selling.

IntegrationArch
07.05.2017 , 09:02 AM | #55
Quote: Originally Posted by WorldSmasher View Post
That's a really awesome idea.... They should call it "Suggestion Box."

Spoiler
Spoiler

EricMusco
07.05.2017 , 10:00 AM | #56 This is the last staff post in this thread.  
Quote: Originally Posted by Icykill_ View Post
The theme of this thread is for people to post ideas they think might improve the game. Keith has mentioned that they have a board where they list all their ideas and it's call the "Wall of Crazy".
I think it's fitting that we also have our own "Wall of Crazy" so that we can have a central thread that we can all look at and the Bio team can too. Often there are some great ideas, but they get lost in the ether. If you have a positive idea to improve the game or come across a gem that's not already listed here, please post it so we can all see it and have a record of it.

I would like to set out some lose guidelines and "hope" people will follow them so this can be a positive thing for the whole community.
Can we please have no personal attacks on people's ideas and try not to argue. In the spirit of community building and positivity, it you disagree with something you don't always need to comment.
Remember this is an ideas thread and no positive idea is too crazy or even funny.

Please keep posts as short as possible so it's easier to collect them all and put them on our "Wall".

I'm going to reserve the first couple of spots for listing and consolidating ideas. (Mod guys, please don't delete them 😊 )
Great idea! Posting here just to get some extra visibility for you, Icy!

-eric
Eric Musco | Community Manager
Follow us on Twitter @SWTOR | Like us on Facebook
[Contact Us] [Rules of Conduct] [F.A.Q.]

IntegrationArch
07.05.2017 , 10:09 AM | #57
Quote: Originally Posted by EricMusco View Post
Great idea! Posting here just to get some extra visibility for you, Icy!

-eric
Eric replied to Icy's post right after my wall of crazy idea like this:
\\
"Seriously, there is a very strong business case to port this game and content to DX12 Hero or Frostbite. Initially just port it as is and keep all the content and missions, then listen to players and add more following Comic Book Cannon for story and content.

If EA/BW combines all the potential multi-platform subscribers from PC64 + XBONE + PS4 + MAC + AOS in a MMORPG Online SWTOR could have 4 to 6 million subscribers and up. A population surge would explode on MAC PS4 XBONE because SWTOR was never available on those consoles or formats."
//
Does that mean Eric's cooking on this idea already? Hmmmm? [Scratches head, reflects and ponders the fate of SWTOR past 2018....]

casirabit
07.05.2017 , 10:14 AM | #58
My crazy ideas:

Crafting- Make it where you can add colors to the outfits you make instead of them all being in one color. Yea, yea I know they sell dyes but this is another idea.

Also make it where the crafters make specific decorations such as pillows, etc. depending on the crafter.

Strongholds:

Make it more free rein decorating, take the hooks out. Yea you get some strange decorating, but then again some of the strongholds I have visited are not that great either so what's the difference. The one thing I miss from SWG is being able to actually put decorations where I actually want them. I once designed a fish tank (before the fish tanks were released). We have some talented people here and it is a shame that they can't really let their creative decorating ideas flow as we are restricted to the hooks.

Be able to give a gold key to someone and allow them to decorate as well. I know the reason not to but there those of us that actually play with people we trust and would like the freedom to help decorate a personal stronghold for a boyfriend, mate, friend.

Environment:

Make it where you have night/day on the planets. Yes each planet is different but they did it so well on SWG I don't see what TOR can't do that including snow or rain.

I would also like to add this, since you can marry a companion, why not add the ability to marry a regular player in game. We were able to do this in SWG so that would be nice for those of us that don't really get into the companion romance but would like to do it with someone we play with. (boyfriend/girlfriend, spouse, friend) It would add another dimension to the game for some of us.

Edit: One other thing, make it where you have to give permission for a person to put you on their friends list. You be surprised at how many times someone sends me a message saying you are on my friend's list and I said Huh, do I know you and they say nope I just saw you doing something. Please make it where we have to approve it.
A girl should be two things: classy and fabulous. A girl should also always be a lady even when arguing. If you like redheads click my Referral link Referral: http://www.swtor.com/r/VkfKqj

DuchessKristania
07.05.2017 , 10:26 AM | #59
Since characters can marry companions let us put them in our family trees. I realize there would be massive overlap, but no one but the player sees their family tree. I have a multi-generational legacy and I'd like to ne able to reflect bother of a character's parents.

Not a new idea, but toggle hood mode. There are a lot of pieces of armor I'd use if they didn't have a hood.

A solo mode for ops that are part of a quest chain. REduce the gear drops or whatever to make it "fair" but I would like to be able to complete some things without dragging an ops team down due to my disability.

Make vanilla companion dialogue repeatable, or give occasionally give us some new dialogues. Ideally we'd get whole new quest chains with them, but I'd settle for getting to chat with my LI on occasion.

Make a Doc customization without a mustache that doesn't have a ridiculous hairstyle. Actually, more companion customizations in general.

Two words - Thranta Mount.

DarthScruffy
07.05.2017 , 10:35 AM | #60
We need a Kashyyyk expansion. It's not too early at this point.