Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Scoundrels/Operatives ridculously OP.

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > PvP
Scoundrels/Operatives ridculously OP.

Sabbathius
12.30.2011 , 07:26 AM | #21
Quote: Originally Posted by DarthHendo View Post
I will agree with this thread. I am currently playing a 50 Sorcerer heal spec. It is impossible for me to heal through the damage they can output solo. They wont even interrupt my casts, simply stun and power through all my bubbles and heals. I don't think that healers should be immortal at all, but at least give me a fighting chance.
The problem isn't Operative or damage, the problem is HEALING.

I'm playing a healing Operative, and I have a slightly lower level healing Merc. And this is true with quite a few classes.

If I get a Marauder on top of my Operative healer, I can live for a little while as I pop my two defensive CDs, or I can try to escape with the cloak, but I cannot just stand there and outheal his damaage. Same goes for a Merc that spams tracers and then does a heatseeker/unload/rail combo when I'm debuffed.

Healing in this game, especially in PvP, needs some serious changes to make it attractive. I mean, look at the medals. Healers get absolutely SHAFTED in the medals department. We get what, one for a 2.5k+ heal and one for 75k and what else? Nothing. Meanwhile, DPS classes get one for a kill, one for solo kill, one for 10 kills, one for 20 kills, one for 75k damage, etc. Most matches as DPS you get 5+ without even trying. As a tank, you get 7+ just for keeping guard up on people.

As a healer I have abandon my chosen role and go on a killing spree mid-match just to get the same commendations as a tracer-missile-spamming moron.

Bandelederen
12.30.2011 , 07:29 AM | #22
Just had almost the exact same scenario happen again.

This time the scoundrel cc'ed me from stealth. So I couldnt do anything while he then destroyed one guy and then destroyed me afterwards.

This is so blatantly OP that anyone who claims otherwise should rethink their motives for doing so.

DarthHendo
12.30.2011 , 07:32 AM | #23
Quote: Originally Posted by Sabbathius View Post

Healing in this game, especially in PvP, needs some serious changes to make it attractive. I mean, look at the medals. Healers get absolutely SHAFTED in the medals department. We get what, one for a 2.5k+ heal and one for 75k and what else? Nothing. Meanwhile, DPS classes get one for a kill, one for solo kill, one for 10 kills, one for 20 kills, one for 75k damage, etc. Most matches as DPS you get 5+ without even trying. As a tank, you get 7+ just for keeping guard up on people.

As a healer I have abandon my chosen role and go on a killing spree mid-match just to get the same commendations as a tracer-missile-spamming moron.
I will take some time to get my DPS medals as well. Usually its in between heals, or when moving I'll throw DOTs, or when no one in range needs heals, but I always try to make sure I get a few of the DPS medals since they are a portion of valor/comm recieved.

As for healing needing a buff, maybe. I'm fairly happy with it, and will probably be more happy once i get full PvP gear, but operative/scoundrels and assassins/JS really do a number on me burst wise.

Endel
12.30.2011 , 07:38 AM | #24
Quote: Originally Posted by Bandelederen View Post

This time the scoundrel cc'ed me from stealth. So I couldnt do anything while he then destroyed one guy and then destroyed me afterwards.

This is so blatantly OP that anyone who claims otherwise should rethink their motives for doing so.
I'm sorry but are you serious? You and your buddy got destroyed by 1 (one) scoundrel?

It does not mean we are OP...you know what it means...
Scoundrel
Operative
Only a few are looking forward with optimism...

maximusedward
12.30.2011 , 07:41 AM | #25

So you're telling me none of you could break out of his cc?

CHRISGG
12.30.2011 , 07:41 AM | #26

You CC yourself so whats it matter?
AKA Faction
50 Sage, Wound in the Force
Check out my YouTube channel, tons of SW:TOR videos!

Dwarfy
12.30.2011 , 07:44 AM | #27
Quote: Originally Posted by Endel View Post
I'm sorry but are you serious? You and your buddy got destroyed by 1 (one) scoundrel?

It does not mean we are OP...you know what it means...
Your burst DPS is impressive i will say, but alot of the burst i have seen has been on individuals who are not lvl 50 and who are not geared at all.

That is why i don't feel they are OP yet. I want to see that burst on a lvl 50 in full pvp gear and then be able to judge it further...

Sevvy
12.30.2011 , 07:45 AM | #28
Nerf Operatives so I can backpedal to victory!
Lag *** Powertech *** Helm of Graush
Sevv *** Sentinel *** Helm of Graush
<Hutts Don't Have Feet>

Endel
12.30.2011 , 07:46 AM | #29
Quote: Originally Posted by Dwarfy View Post
Your burst DPS is impressive i will say, but alot of the burst i have seen has been on individuals who are not lvl 50 and who are not geared at all.

That is why i don't feel they are OP yet. I want to see that burst on a lvl 50 in full pvp gear and then be able to judge it further...
Good to see a voice of sanity among so many raging posts.

3/4 of players have not reached lvl 50 yet and they are first to come and rage that this and that is OP.

Let's just wait and see shall we?
Scoundrel
Operative
Only a few are looking forward with optimism...

Cias
12.30.2011 , 07:49 AM | #30
Quote: Originally Posted by CHRISGG View Post
If you couldn't even react in 3 gcds, you are a literal sloth.
this. if you did not realize he was there in that amount of time... you have horrible reaction time and/or are oblivious to what goes on around you.