Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

New items for the Contraband vendor / changes to Contraband Slot Machine

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > General Discussion > Suggestion Box
New items for the Contraband vendor / changes to Contraband Slot Machine
First BioWare Post First BioWare Post

killatroll
06.29.2017 , 04:20 PM | #1
In my opinion, I believe they should add new rarity items to the Contraband Vendor that you can buy with Cartel Market Certificates. I say this because in my opinion, there isn't a single item I want that costs Cartel Market Certificates, I know others would like to buy these items that cost Cartel Market Certificates and that's totally cool. I just want some new stuff added that I might purchase. Also, there is a lot of items from the Contraband Vendor that already sells on the GTN.

As for changing the Contraband Slot Machine, I would like to see it drop reputation tokens for Binary Star Realty, Bounty Supply Company, Esstran Exports, and Interplanetary Component Exchange. Or we can buy very large reputation tokens with Cartel Market Certificates to get reputation for these Factions. Either of these ideas or both, imo, would work nicely.

What are your thoughts on this matter?

EDIT:

Wow, this turned into quite a discussion. Its great to hear everyone's input. I wasn't here for the days of the overpowered CCSM or the days when they nerfed it. So what I am getting from players it was pretty bad and hurt the economy. I would most certainly not want that to happen again.

So I am going to make a list of suggestions for the CCSM.

1. Increase drop rate of Cartel Certificates

2. Add reputation tokens for Binary Star Realty, Bounty Supply Company, Esstran Exports, and Interplanetary Component Exchange.

3. Buying Large reputation tokens with Cartel Certificates for the factions listed in #2.

4. Add weapons and armor sets, both purchasable by credits, Cartel Certificates or both, from older packs that are no longer available. All of these would be BOP

5. Make older packs purchasable with Cartel Certificates (Ones no longer sold on the Cartel Market) these packs themselves are BOP so you have to open them, however the items that come out of them are BOE.

6.Have the CCSM have a small chance to drop a Grand Chance Cube.

7.Make new Slot Machines for each of the reputation factions listed in #2

8.Add new decorations to buy with Cartel Certificates (From older packs or even exclusive decos only obtained from these vendors using Cartel Certificates.

9. Remove the reputation requirement for these vendors and Cartel Certificates and change the items that costed Cartel Certificates cost credits = to the amount of Cartel Certificates it would take to buy the item.

10. Make the CCSM drop exclusive items.

11. Make the CCSM drop stronghold tokens that can be used to unlock a door in a stronghold. Also have it drop flagship plans (The blue ones that need to be turned into purple).

12. Make the Cartel Certificates BOE, allowing them to be sold on the GTN.

13. High Roller. How about we get a option to use multiple Contraband Cartel Chip for a chance at a more "Valuable" reward. Lets say for example. You spend 10 coins instead one, all at once and it gives you slightly better odds are winning something. The more Cartel Chips you spend the better chance you have that something that is more "Valuable" to drop, this also increases the chance you will get something but not by much and it will still be RNG, it could give you multiple certificates or a "valuable item" or multiple rep tokens, or nothing at all.

Keep up with the suggestions guys! Lets tell the devs how we want this to be changed!

Xo-Lara
06.29.2017 , 05:03 PM | #2
I think it would be good if they added all the other reputation, including ones like section x, to the machine since they seem to have abandoned the idea of making more and haven't commented on fixing the one they have.
If you like my stronghold threads such as this and this, please consider using my referral link. It will reward us both. Or you could post your support for one of my threads.
{Ξ(Θ)!!██████████████████

MingusPho
06.30.2017 , 12:12 PM | #3
Great idea! Honestly though I think they need to upgrade all the vendors in the game while they're at it and do some house cleaning.

killatroll
06.30.2017 , 02:43 PM | #4
It would be great if they put items from packs that are no longer available and have been for a long time. Maybe even put a pack itself there as well so you can try your luck with rng while using Certs to buy them.

EDIT: All direct sale items are BOP and anything from a crate you buy with certs comes out BOE.

Xo-Lara
06.30.2017 , 03:05 PM | #5
A random pack or chance cube would be a better carrot on a stick than a walker in my opinion.
If you like my stronghold threads such as this and this, please consider using my referral link. It will reward us both. Or you could post your support for one of my threads.
{Ξ(Θ)!!██████████████████

RedHobbler
06.30.2017 , 03:39 PM | #6
AGREED. PLEASE AND THANK YOU.

- Hobbs

HewyX
06.30.2017 , 06:01 PM | #7
bump bump

KeithKanneg
06.30.2017 , 10:26 PM | #8 Click here to go to the next staff post in this thread. Next  
Hey all,

We have a long weekend ahead of us, but I'll check with the team next week to see what we have planned for Certificates or changes to the Slot Machine. If I remember right, that was one of those, let's not do that again situations, but I'll find out. If it's horrible news, I'll have Musco post it up. haha.

---Keith
Keith Kanneg | Game Producer
Follow us on Twitter @SWTOR | Like us on Facebook
[Contact Us] [Rules of Conduct] [F.A.Q.]

LtGeneralGezlin
06.30.2017 , 11:04 PM | #9
Quote: Originally Posted by KeithKanneg View Post
Hey all,

We have a long weekend ahead of us, but I'll check with the team next week to see what we have planned for Certificates or changes to the Slot Machine. If I remember right, that was one of those, let's not do that again situations, but I'll find out. If it's horrible news, I'll have Musco post it up. haha.

---Keith
Please do, Keith! I (And many others I am sure) still have four of the CM Reputations to finish, and I feel like the suggestion that the OP made would be the best. Since the Slot Machines are only good for the Cartel Certificates if you already have the Contraband Resale Corporation Rep maxed.
CE Owner - The Gallifreyan Legacy - Squad 238 Tester
65 Gunslinger, 65 Commando, 60 Sentinel, 65 Shadow.
53 Operative, 54 Mercenary, 65 Marauder, 63 Juggernaut, 54 Sorcerer.

killatroll
06.30.2017 , 11:13 PM | #10
Quote: Originally Posted by KeithKanneg View Post
Hey all,

---Keith
WOW! Thanks for getting back to me Keith! Any news would be great! Thank you!