Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

could we please get a straight answer?

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > General Discussion
could we please get a straight answer?
First BioWare Post First BioWare Post

Eli_Porter
06.29.2017 , 02:35 AM | #121
Quote: Originally Posted by TyonYlle View Post
If PVP truly is about skill Vs skill like what some people have mentioned, and they don't want to utterly destroy people if they have vastly better gear. Why don't BW just use bolster to make ALL gear the same. This would allow newbies an easier time entering into the world of PVP. They would just need to learn to play, and PVPers should be more happy to teach them that then they seem to like berating their "PVE" gear.

In my mind, PVP should never be about grinding. PVP is players against other players, a social interaction given that this is an MMO. The enjoyment should come from the matches, not grinding to aquire "the better gear" that allows you (general you) to mop the floor with people.
Almost every MMO I've played with a well-received PvP system had a way to improve your character, well past a few weeks of play. Competitive players usually don't mind the minor difference in performance if it means attracting and retaining players.

If you want a PvP experience with an emphasis on balance and skill rather than progression, I suggest you play a game designed for that.

TyonYlle
06.29.2017 , 03:37 AM | #122
Quote: Originally Posted by Eli_Porter View Post
Almost every MMO I've played with a well-received PvP system had a way to improve your character, well past a few weeks of play. Competitive players usually don't mind the minor difference in performance if it means attracting and retaining players.

If you want a PvP experience with an emphasis on balance and skill rather than progression, I suggest you play a game designed for that.
My post was towards all I have seen about people saying how PVP is, or should be about skill vs skill.

EricMusco
06.29.2017 , 08:19 AM | #123 This is the last staff post in this thread.  
The Bolster discussion thread is now live: http://www.swtor.com/community/showthread.php?p=9345818. Let us know your thoughts over in that thread!

-eric
Eric Musco | Community Manager
Follow us on Twitter @SWTOR | Like us on Facebook
[Contact Us] [Rules of Conduct] [F.A.Q.]

kodrac
06.29.2017 , 08:39 AM | #124
Please, no more expertise. It was too much of a roadblock. People would come into PvP with their super sweet purple ops gear and get nerfed by bolster and be a detriment to your team. And trying to explain it to them was just asking for an e-peen slap.

If expertise is re-introduced then give Cyber-techs schematics for intro level mods, blue only, no RE.

kodrac
06.29.2017 , 08:40 AM | #125
Quote: Originally Posted by EricMusco View Post
The Bolster discussion thread is now live: http://www.swtor.com/community/showthread.php?p=9345818. Let us know your thoughts over in that thread!

-eric
Bah, if only I would've read to the last page...

Hichitsuki-hime
06.30.2017 , 10:43 PM | #126
Quote: Originally Posted by EricMusco View Post

-eric
hei eric,
maybe you could also give a straight answer over in this thread PLEASE???
(http://www.swtor.com/community/showt...926093&page=20)
to the question of : are u guys going to at least fix the deathmark stacks to where they don't get eaten by other players' dots before buffing the damn thing??? otherwise there really is 0 point in such an approach, since atm they vanish almost instantly. THANK YOU.
The Red Eclipse: Ka'nata (madness sorc) <Indefinite>;
Ebon Hawk: Sa'yana <Army of Light>
5/5 NiM TFB; 7/7 NiM S&V; 5/5 NiM DF; 3/5 NIM DP; 5/5 HM RAV; 5/5 HM ToS
#Fix SAGE DPS # R.I.P. SAGE HEALS

MandFlurry
06.30.2017 , 11:54 PM | #127
Quote: Originally Posted by Eli_Porter View Post
Please don't, I'd really hate having 4 different sets of gear for my character if I want to PvP with both specs.
^^^^ Exactly, not only that, but the Insanity of trying to grind over 300 levels to get to Tier 4=Best gear, will already never happen for most players, that have a Job and Family, nor can we waste money on Rediculously priced Command Xp boosters.
Got CE on 7/20/11
Canderous Ordo ServerRegulator
Referral for Star Wars Goodness
http://www.swtor.com/r/hzQMWp

jimmorrisson
07.04.2017 , 06:42 PM | #128
Prior 5.0, before the dark times, it was far less time consuming to obtain a full set of 208 expertise gear, not factoring in the multiple double warzone comms events.

Futhermore a full set of 208 expertise gear (fully augmented) was more than suitable enough for storymode operations.

Un Assembled Components were meant to "supplement" Command Crates. What has happens and still happening is Un Assembled Components are the main gearing method for many if not most players.

Un Assembled Components should be provided by each Galactic Command activity, i.e. Chapters, Flashpoints, etc.

mmmbuddah
07.05.2017 , 03:06 AM | #129
Quote: Originally Posted by Lundorff View Post
I want to be BiS for PVP right out the gate or at the same speed as the 3.3 - 4.7.3 era. That can not be done with UCs, as it would render all PVE content null and void from a gearing perspective.
This. This is what needs to happen. Anyone against this is just one of those people that likes to torture players who live outside of swtor.
Jade D.
That Republic Trans Girl You Love