Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Class Changes: Madness Sorcerer / Balance Sage

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > Classes > Sage / Sorcerer
Class Changes: Madness Sorcerer / Balance Sage
First BioWare Post First BioWare Post

EricMusco
06.28.2017 , 12:27 PM | #51 This is the last staff post in this thread.  
Quote: Originally Posted by FerkWork View Post
Respectfully, without addressing the Force negative rotation that hinders the spec in sustained fights and cuts down the use of Lightning strike or all together (also forcing the use of consumption) this doesn't change much at all. Broken rotation is still broken and should have been addressed first.
Aside from the listed changes, the team is looking into the "Force negative" nature of the rotation also. It is possible changes could happen there for 5.3 as well, but nothing is settled yet which is why I didn't include it above. I will let you know if/when I get more info.

-eric
Eric Musco | Community Manager
Follow us on Twitter @SWTOR | Like us on Facebook
[Contact Us] [Rules of Conduct] [F.A.Q.]

shanealdrich
06.28.2017 , 12:30 PM | #52
Quote: Originally Posted by Zwirni View Post
Then look at the Virulence changes. It got nerfed to roughly 9890 DPS from 10900 DPS. Meaning 9890 should be the new 97,5% of target DPS.
Result: 10143 DPS = 100%
Trying to justify that they know what they are doing is a futile attempt.
I agree that one still appears out of balance compared to the commando, vanguard, shadow, and sage. Those 4 appear in line with each other. All I can say is that those 4 don't appear to have rotation changes, when they changed the gunslinger the rotation changed so we may have to throw in more flurry of bolts than we think.
At the end of the day I hope your correct but it doesn't appear to me that you are.

BraverDre
06.28.2017 , 12:30 PM | #53
Quote: Originally Posted by EricMusco View Post
Aside from the listed changes, the team is looking into the "Force negative" nature of the rotation also. It is possible changes could happen there for 5.3 as well, but nothing is settled yet which is why I didn't include it above. I will let you know if/when I get more info.

-eric
Please make it happen in 5.3. People won't last till another patch.

ottffsse
06.28.2017 , 12:30 PM | #54
Then look at the Virulence changes. It got nerfed to roughly 9890 DPS from 10900 DPS. Meaning 9890 should be the new 97,5% of target DPS.
Yeah no way this (madness) will pull 10100 dps with these changes unless the deathmark %s stack (150% on first dot etc) which I do not believe they do.

We can accept bioware that your combat team sets certain "dps" number targets for class categories, what is unacceptable then is when the actual numbers after the changes do not align with those targets. You had enough time (months) to fix this.

Manjaca
06.28.2017 , 12:33 PM | #55
This Changes dear Bioware will do nothing for the class.
Our Force Managment ist bad with Madness. If you die in a Operation as a Madness Sorc or Sage you have more then 15 seconds to reign your force. You have to spam this Utility (Sorry dont know the english Name). In this Time you cannot make damage. You know this Bioware?

You nerf our Selfheals our Bubble and then so small buff for Sage/Sorc.

Do you know Bioware that our Deahfield was once 8 meters?
Do you know our small Selfheals from our dots was once 50 or 100% more?
Do you know our 2 dps Specs are 8 Months in PVE and PVP in the Top 3 of worst specs?
A Dot sentinal or Marauder do more Selfheal then my Madness Sorc. I know its Group Heal. Please Tell me who is better for a Op Group Dot Marauder or Dot Sorc after 5.3? You take the Class with more dps and with more Group Utilitys.

Please explain me why you nerf the bubble for 5%? Are we the Heal to Full Class Number 1?

Please look at our Utility Skillfull and Compare this to other Classes? You know what im mean? You know PVP? The Root Kick Need to be in the Skillfull Tier. Like the Assasin.

Sorry for my bad english.

ViktorAres
06.28.2017 , 12:36 PM | #56
Quote: Originally Posted by Ephsylon View Post
Yes, I tried ranked with a balance sage, always picked first, tunneled into oblivion, then my team had to manage a 3v4. But that's not something balancing numbers can predict. Tanks will ward the healer, not the DPS. Healers are gonna heal the tank, not the DPS.
Dps sorcs could certainly be made viable for the PVP Arenas, if they could deal damage under pressure, which they currently cannot. As it stands, dps sorcs can only free cast and then kite when attacked, otherwise they are toast.
Boosting the static barrier, rather than nerfing it, could help sorcs stay in the fight a bit longer, rather than just run away at the first sign of trouble.

Darrahsrhaw
06.28.2017 , 12:39 PM | #57
Quote: Originally Posted by EricMusco View Post

-eric
This is *****. Its barely possible to do nim with one sorc some time. But with two it's impossible!!!! if u making class balance where is this **** balance while jugg venge will do 11k by pressing only three buttons or lethality op. I love sorc. I dont want to reroll on assassin or jugg or mara how i suppoused to play like this. madness should be in same position as io merc and viru sniper wat the hell are u doing !? what if in my team both players play sorcs how we have to raid with this **** damage out put
Hurts Like Hell

Click my referal link to get 7 days sub and more

Hoppinswtor
06.28.2017 , 12:46 PM | #58
Uh.

None of you are going to be able to get jobs in the game development business again after prospective employers see how many bees you've thrown in our proverbial bonnets.

So are sorcs basically the gimp from pulp fiction? Can you put gags, whips, and handcuffs on the cartel market so I can REALLY RP these "buffs"?
Hoppin <Death Smile>
Hoppinator (Merc), Hoppin (Sorc), Hopposites (Mara), Hoptimal (Sin)
Hopalicious (Jugg), Oppinator (Operative), Hoptimize (PT)

shyroman
06.28.2017 , 12:50 PM | #59
If that is seriously your justification for "target dps" then you need to stop, for 2 reasons.

1. You should never use the absolute luckiest parses for balance, you should be using average parses.

2. Virulence has a "dummy rotation" that is very much different than a rotation that you can't use in operations that heavily utilizes roll and does significantly more dps. It's similar to balancing engineering dps based on roll dps on dummies, you don't account for it. Yes it will make for higher dummy parses but it is impractical for real fights.
Ryann - Sniper | Ryannack - Sorcerer | Apophas - Marauder
Jesicca - Mercenary | Lindseey - Gunslinger
Origin - Honey Badgers
Jedi Covenant

Hoppinswtor
06.28.2017 , 12:54 PM | #60
Let's do the math, shall we:

5 percent nerf to static barrier
10 percent nerf to dark heal (when you factor in force management issues)
25 percent nerf to resurgence (when you factor in force management issues)

5 percent buff to affliction
5 percent buff to creeping terror
5 percent buff to demolish
10 percent buff to force leech (heal + dmg)

What does this spell, ladies and gentlemen? N to the E to the R to the F.

I'd be content with these "changes" if you just gave me back my 8-meter deathfield.
Hoppin <Death Smile>
Hoppinator (Merc), Hoppin (Sorc), Hopposites (Mara), Hoptimal (Sin)
Hopalicious (Jugg), Oppinator (Operative), Hoptimize (PT)