Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Dread Warlord Pack Changes

First BioWare Post First BioWare Post

EricMusco
06.26.2017 , 09:37 AM | #1 This is the last staff post in this thread.  
Hey folks,

With our last Cartel Market pack, we made some changes to how drops worked. New pack items would only contain Silver or higher rarity so that we could really focus in one quality and the other slot was a guaranteed Grand Chance Cube. The feedback we heard pretty quickly from many of you is that due to those changes, packs didn't feel quite as rewarding when you opened them. We agree with that sentiment and we want to continue improving this process going forward. The Dread Warlord Pack contains some changes we hope will address your feedback.

Each pack now will now contain 5 slots, instead of the previous 4. Here is what each slot looks like:
  1. Guaranteed new pack item. These items are all of Silver rarity or higher.
  2. Any Cartel Market item of any rarity, up to Platinum. Armor sets will drop as complete sets and Grand Chance Cubes can drop in this slot.
  3. Any Cartel Market item of Bronze or Silver rarity. Armor sets will drop as complete sets and Grand Chance Cubes can drop in this slot.
  4. Companion Gift
  5. Jawa Scraps
By adding an entire item slot to the pack, along with giving you items as opposed to just Grand Chance Cubes we are confident you feel more value from opening Cartel Packs. All of these changes come with no increase in price as well. When the Dread Warlock Pack drops tomorrow, let us know what you think of these changes and keep the feedback coming!

-eric
Eric Musco | Community Manager
Follow us on Twitter @SWTOR | Like us on Facebook
[Contact Us] [Rules of Conduct] [F.A.Q.]

DarthBatemanJ
06.26.2017 , 09:43 AM | #2
I haven't bought packs since there was reputation removed but this sounds like a better way to give some value than previous packs.
Rutunest

Talon_strikes
06.26.2017 , 09:51 AM | #3
This actually sounds quite promising. Hope to see some better drops with the CC I continue to save up.

kodrac
06.26.2017 , 09:59 AM | #4
Quote: Originally Posted by DarthBatemanJ View Post
I haven't bought packs since there was reputation removed but this sounds like a better way to give some value than previous packs.
Same.

JLazarillo
06.26.2017 , 10:01 AM | #5
Honest question Eric, how is "any cartel market item up to platinum rarity" any different from "a Grand Chance Cube"? Is it mostly just to show immediate value? Because I thought GCCs (which can already drop in those two slots) already had a chance to drop anything?

Eshvara
06.26.2017 , 10:03 AM | #6
So if I'm understanding it correctly, you will no longer get items such as "Sith Recluse supplementary armor" Which will contain gloves/bracers/etc for example, but instead it would always be a Sith recluse full armor set?

Maybe I'm being illiterate, but I just want to be sure. It seems like a nice change overall!
#Arcannite
||Refer a friend🙋|| Order of Zildrog cultist.🐲
💫Darth Malgus💫

Jedi_riches
06.26.2017 , 10:05 AM | #7
Quote: Originally Posted by Talon_strikes View Post
This actually sounds quite promising. Hope to see some better drops with the CC I continue to save up.
Same here, I would like 1 further change though with the 5th item I would like to see jawa stuff or a cartel market certificate so that players can still get a hold of them.
How PvP balance is achieved - Bioware please nerf paper its OP, scissors are fine as they are.
Regards,
Rock

Transcendent
06.26.2017 , 10:22 AM | #8
Quote: Originally Posted by EricMusco View Post
  2. Any Cartel Market item of any rarity, up to Platinum. Armor sets will drop as complete sets and Grand Chance Cubes can drop in this slot.
  3. Any Cartel Market item of Bronze or Silver rarity. Armor sets will drop as complete sets and Grand Chance Cubes can drop in this slot.
  4. Companion Gift
  5. Jawa Scraps
See this is what I would prefer to see....
  4. Companion Gift or Reputation Token.
  5. Jawa Scraps or Cartel Certificate.

As well as a lowering of the chance of a Grand Chance Cube, and reworking the Grand Chance Cubes so they have better weighting (60% Bronze / 15% Silver / 10% Gold / 5% Platinum) and Armor only drops as complete sets.

The problem you have is with perception of the RNG of the contents of these packs, there is no real long term benefit to collecting these anymore due to the lack of reputation attached to the pack shipments. Perhaps making some small adjustments to bring them back to where they used to be in terms of collectable (by adding reputation and bringing back the vendors in the lower areas of fleets), as well as returning the Cartel Certificate system (which has been wholly ignored on the subject of availability since stopping them dropping in packs).

While you're in the improved communication realm of late, how about publishing the exact odds of the chance cubes and pack contents? If players know the chances going into gambling, they'll perhaps be less inclined to complain when the shiny they wanted doesn't drop for them? Long shot I know

Thanks to everyone who has used my Refer a Friend link over the years, may the force be with you.

YlliyaXor
06.26.2017 , 10:23 AM | #9
But that's just one chance cube without the wrapper, plus a lousier chance cube, i mean the full armor part is fine but it's a very small change (but hey, it's still an improvement, baby steps and all that).

I don't care for most mounts, emotes and other random stuff, it would be better if people could have at least a guarantee of getting the type of item they want, it may not be Revan Reborn but it's a guaranteed armor set.

At the very least let us exchange the stuff we don't want for something worthwhile, we already established that the most sought after items are worth the price of a hypercrate without discount, so worst case scenario if i buy an hypercrate i can exchange it for anything i want, turn single packs into a currency; platinum item= 26 crates, gold =10-13 crates, silver = 5 crates, bronze = 1 crate.

TUXs
06.26.2017 , 10:30 AM | #10
A link to Dulfy's preview of the pack as well (I went searching for it so figured I'd share it).
All warfare is based on deception If his forces are united, separate them If you are far from the enemy, make him believe you are near A leader leads by example not by force
My referral code: here What you get: here (1 FREE transfer 7-day FREE sub FREE Jumpstart and Preferred Bundles)