Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

A Harbinger Hamster Dying This Morning

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > General Discussion
A Harbinger Hamster Dying This Morning
First BioWare Post First BioWare Post

EricMusco
06.24.2017 , 05:50 AM | #21 Click here to go to the next staff post in this thread. Next  
Hey folks,

The team is looking into the Harbinger right now. I will let you know when I know more.

-eric
Eric Musco | Community Manager
Follow us on Twitter @SWTOR | Like us on Facebook
[Contact Us] [Rules of Conduct] [F.A.Q.]

Ylliarus
06.24.2017 , 05:50 AM | #22
Quote: Originally Posted by Narasil View Post
Uh no...

No one should have any more influence on the games direction than anyone else who's giving up cold hard CASH to keep it going. Anything else is just a wish to be liked or an emotional crutch for the Devs.

I actually saw a post where a Dev (can't remember which one now) actually ADMITTED they don't listen to negative feedback. Imagine if every company adopted this kind of emotionally handicapped attitude....
If you are so displeased with what the Influencers do then go and start your own channel, podcast or blog, put in the effort to it and we will see if you will be so negative about the Influencers then. Do you have any idea how much dedication, effort and love for the game it takes them to do what they do?

Also, do you realise the influence they have over the game is 100% and purely based on player feedback? Their viewers, listeners and readers are SWTOR players who pay cash just like you and me, so whatever the Influencers give in feedback to the Devs is player feedback.
ATTENTION: Include the Twi'lek into the 3 new eye colours from Appearance Options: Expanded Selections in the next patch. It was a huge mistake to not do this from the start as they are being grossly neglected as a playable species.
Oh yeah, and this is my referral link!

Ylliarus
06.24.2017 , 05:55 AM | #23
Quote: Originally Posted by Boracis View Post
Now I do agree with most of your post Ylliarus but you know as well as anyone, these type of problems are occurring far to many times and as of late. There are STILL issues in the game that have not even been addressed since 3 years ago. So the gripe people have seems a little more creditable. We can send all the emails and tickets we want, but when it falls MORE on deaf ears than the opposite peoples nerves get a little frazzled. Just saying
I do get that and I understand the frustration, but having some patience and goodwill towards the Devs will do much more good than starting to throw accusations everywhere. I too am a player and subscriber of the game, I too want to be able to play smoothly and without issues, but when things do break down you'll get more good out of being patient and kind than the opposite.
ATTENTION: Include the Twi'lek into the 3 new eye colours from Appearance Options: Expanded Selections in the next patch. It was a huge mistake to not do this from the start as they are being grossly neglected as a playable species.
Oh yeah, and this is my referral link!

Asmodesu
06.24.2017 , 06:08 AM | #24
Just my luck. I log off for a little nap and some food, and come back to my server being down.
*twiddles thumbs*
guess I'll play something else tonight then, pity this seems to happen when I have a night off to stay up late lmao.

SWGguy
06.24.2017 , 06:10 AM | #25
This is not the server you are looking for.....*these hamsters are not dead. just sleeping. move along...

Narasil
06.24.2017 , 06:16 AM | #26
Quote: Originally Posted by Asmodesu View Post
Just my luck. I log off for a little nap and some food, and come back to my server being down.
*twiddles thumbs*
guess I'll play something else tonight then, pity this seems to happen when I have a night off to stay up late lmao.
It's no more bad luck on your part than it being bad luck for getting your order lost in a restaurant...it's something else.
"A government is a body of people, usually, notably ungoverned"-Shepard Book.

Belpheghor
06.24.2017 , 06:16 AM | #27
Harbinger tends to be down more than any other server. I'm really loosing faith in EAware. I'm starting to think they rode the short bus to school.

Been on since beta and harb goes down WAAAY too much.
"Let the hate flow through you"......

CrazyCT
06.24.2017 , 06:20 AM | #28
Can we merge this thread with the one where people are begging for everyone to be put on the one server? Seems like there's a problem every week with good ol' Harby.
"An argument must have opposition if it is to prove itself."
Queen of the White Knights <==== Click to pay tribute to your Queen
Once managed to use "Obfuscate" in a sentence. Allegedly sounds like.....Robbie Williams?

SteveTheCynic
06.24.2017 , 06:21 AM | #29
Quote: Originally Posted by Narasil View Post
I actually saw a post where a Dev (can't remember which one now) actually ADMITTED they don't listen to negative feedback. Imagine if every company adopted this kind of emotionally handicapped attitude....
Depends on what's meant by "negative feedback".

If it means people who rant in endless streams of four letter words about how the game sucks and how they wish the designers would just ---- off and die, well, I wouldn't listen to that either.

If it means they don't listen to anything that isn't glowingly effusive and effusively glowing praise for how marvellous and great a game it is, well, yeah, that *would* be stupid.

Somewhere between those two extremes is a useful place to draw a line. We probably don't agree where that place is, of course, but it exists. Posts that are *polite* but hopelessly vague, "I don't like X" and that's all, you kinda have to ignore, because there's nothing there to explain *why*. A reasoned argument as to why decision X is probably wrong, acknowledging the poster's incomplete knowledge, and presenting possible solutions; well, that's worth listening to, even if it is a critique, and even if the company's inside knowledge invalidates the argument. You *listen* in this case, because you can use the feedback to inform your next decision, or how you present it, or something. And maybe you listen so that you know where the gaps of knowledge are, and you can explain some of why you did it, like they recently did with the balancing changes.
http://www.swtor.com/r/Hg3sV2
Buda-buda-buda-buda-buda-buda-CHING!
PEW! PEW-PEW-PEW!
To go to Belsavis, you must go to Belsavis.

HuaRya
06.24.2017 , 06:22 AM | #30
Glad it wasn't just me. Was doing some simple GTN stuff when suddenly I could not drag an item from cargo to inventory. I logged out to relog and got the spinning wheel and then did a force quit.