Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Who bought what? GTN mails.

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > Crew Skills
Who bought what? GTN mails.

WelbyWars
06.20.2017 , 11:51 AM | #1
Often times I get mails reading,

"Someone has purchased the item you put up for sale on the GTN. Attached is your asking price and deposit, less the Galactic Trade Network's commission. "

I can't tell what was purchased and by whom. Other times I can. Something I missed?

dr_mike
06.20.2017 , 11:59 AM | #2
Been like that for years. Happens if an item is sold during patching or downtime. We had downtime yesterday I believe.
Who knows what lurks in the minds of those crazy Sith....
1% gets donated to unemployed Jawas living on Hoth

Vercundus
06.21.2017 , 12:45 AM | #3
Does it really matter? I usually select all GTN mails and get all the money with one click. The less I know about the buyer, the better.
Choices matter... I choose not to sub until conquest is fixed...

My referral link http://www.swtor.com/r/jRpChs

AshurDarksoul
06.21.2017 , 07:38 AM | #4
Noticed that. Sometimes it interesting to see who is buying your product. My only real reason for knowing would be in those cases I'm in a "price war" with a competitor and want to know what the limit is to their pocket. When you reach a certain price, you or your competitor may determine, based on your in game wealth, the point it is better to continue the price war or to buy the competitors product and realist for sale.

Ashur

This is NOT the Friends Referral Link your looking for ...
http://www.swtor.com/r/bzx7pl

psandak
06.21.2017 , 06:06 PM | #5
Quote: Originally Posted by Vercundus View Post
Does it really matter? I usually select all GTN mails and get all the money with one click. The less I know about the buyer, the better.
Ditto.

I use what is left on the GTN to determine what I need to craft.
The Ortzid Legacy on The Harbinger
Car'beerd (Guardian) Dalkery (Scoundrel) Blairnah (Sage) Daellia (Merc) and 11 other characters
Understanding Crew Skills / High End Schematics / Best Crew Skills / Crew Skill Money Making / Reverse Engineering Rules / SWTOR Story to date

PiiTarr
06.22.2017 , 02:25 AM | #6
Several times I've seen the buyer is a guildie or friend buying something from an opposite faction alt of mine that they don't know about, so those mail messages were helpful when it came to refunding their credits, as I don't charge guildies or friends for most things (or at least give them a substantial discount). So no, it doesn't really matter in the overall scheme of things and I'm used to the fact it happens, but it certainly can be nice to have that information for those of us who make use of it.

Vercundus
06.23.2017 , 06:45 AM | #7
Well, then, you and your guild mates need a better trading system then GTN
Choices matter... I choose not to sub until conquest is fixed...

My referral link http://www.swtor.com/r/jRpChs

PiiTarr
06.23.2017 , 11:14 AM | #8
Well, then, you and your guild mates need a better trading system then GTN
Would that it were so simple.

(I've also made use of these mails to send refunds to complete strangers. The bottom line is others may find something useful that we do not.)