Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

How does our feedback work

First BioWare Post First BioWare Post

Darevsool
06.22.2017 , 08:06 AM | #161
There's a lot to go through here, and I love finding a thread with so many Dev posts!

I am primarily a solo player.
I come from 8.5 years of Star Wars Galaxies and I paid for 5-8 accounts on that game (2 here).
SWG and SWTOR are the ONLY MMOs that I've played long term.

I'm one of the few people that liked the original "StarFox" space PVE missions in this game. I played Beta GSF for all of 4 hours before I decided I'd never play it again (and haven't).

Regarding story, I've always felt the transition to a single story was the wrong direction. As previously mentioned this game was founded on one of the "Four Pillars" being story. This game was, somewhat unofficially, thought of as KOTOR 3,4,5,6,7,8,9,10 with the 8 different class stories as presented by the devs at the time (everyone in the SWTOR panel at Star War Celebration V got that description).

From a player engagement point of view, separate stories make more sense. In order to get the "whole" story you play each class through. That's 8 times at least.
With a single story, you play through once, maybe twice if you want to see the other light/dark side options, and you're done.
It may cost more to make the 8 story version of the game, but I honestly feel you'd get more player satisfaction out of it.

I still have both subscriber accounts ONLY because there isn't another game out there that I want to try out.
The way things are, IF another game comes out, this one will be canceled quickly.

Think about that. I don't play this game out of fun or excitement, but rather that it's the only game out that I find even remotely interesting. Mostly out of habit.
2nd wave early access (December 13, 2011) Original CE owner
Frequent player on POT5 and Ebon Hawk.

TUXs
06.22.2017 , 08:09 AM | #162
Quote: Originally Posted by ZionHalcyon View Post
As someone who left a little after KOTFE and just came back, can I say something?

I can agree that KOTFE and KOTET's story are just wrong. Bastardizations of the story build up you got through Ziost and Shadow of Revan.

But they have to start somewhere - I hope they don't get discouraged and they are able to turn this game around.
NONE of that was Keith's idea...I blame Ben for the entire Ziost/KOTFE/KOTET fiasco. Every bit of it! And for every bit of terrible communication we've suffered through the past 4 years - since Keith, Charles AND Eric, have all posted more in the time that Keith has been in charge, than during the entirety of Ben's reign.

Keith better not get discouraged...he's already done more good for this game in a few months, than Ben did in years. If he starts to stray, I'll be sure to let him know
All warfare is based on deception If his forces are united, separate them If you are far from the enemy, make him believe you are near A leader leads by example not by force
My referral code: here What you get: here (1 FREE transfer 7-day FREE sub FREE Jumpstart and Preferred Bundles)

DarthSpuds
06.22.2017 , 08:12 AM | #163
Quote: Originally Posted by TUXs View Post
Since I can't buy anything for a class other than what I'm on, and the command tokens aren't Legacy wide yet
Yes they are.

I have a level 67 toon that has access to Command Tokens, even though I can't buy the gear because it is level 70.

All The Best
#removeRNG
Sub Expires: 25 Sept 2017
If you think my comment has been helpful in anyway please >>Click Here<< for the Refer A Friend Bonus.

TUXs
06.22.2017 , 08:16 AM | #164
Quote: Originally Posted by DarthSpuds View Post
Yes they are.

I have a level 67 toon that has access to Command Tokens, even though I can't buy the gear because it is level 70.

All The Best
As of last night, they were not. Where are they on your toons? They aren't in the command stash...so where do I find them?
All warfare is based on deception If his forces are united, separate them If you are far from the enemy, make him believe you are near A leader leads by example not by force
My referral code: here What you get: here (1 FREE transfer 7-day FREE sub FREE Jumpstart and Preferred Bundles)

OneHit
06.22.2017 , 08:17 AM | #165
Quote: Originally Posted by Deewe View Post
I certainly don't think the game is in good hands with you. I don't mean to personally attack you but the statement that KoTFE and KoTET are good. They aren't.
I won't waste your time explaining why as some others did lengthy posts on the subject.

Sorry to be blunt but this game needs it now. We are past politically correct dialog.
Look at the market, look at what EA is doing with their other SW games, look at the thin budget invested back in SWTOR and you''ll realize how deep in the hole is this game right now. Keith is working in a damage control mode with a budget barely enough to maintain the game.

Speaking of longevity your forum name does not rings any bell from Beta even less before it.
Your SWTOR account number reads #4,556,867 whereas mine is #126. Guess I also pretty well know the community. Top of that I've been aware of SWTOR development before it was even announced and have quite some knowledge of behind the scene decisions and issues.

Finally I do have my name on a couple of video games so I pretty well much know how games are designed, coded, even marketed and sold.
Where do you find this swtor account number Dewe. I'm curious to see where i got in

TUXs
06.22.2017 , 08:19 AM | #166
Quote: Originally Posted by OneHit View Post
Where do you find this swtor account number Dewe. I'm curious to see where i got in
Mouse over you forum name. You're # 594466.

casirabit
06.22.2017 , 08:19 AM | #167
As of last night, they were not. Where are they on your toons? They aren't in the command stash...so where do I find them?
Command token you will find like you did the crystals on the part of the inventory where you find the shards or other various forms of currency and willing to bet if you play like i did you may find you can gear up 2 or 3 characters. I know I was able to gear up 3 others plus my main with what I had. Now working on another one.
A girl should be two things: classy and fabulous. A girl should also always be a lady even when arguing Referral: http://www.swtor.com/r/VkfKqj

OneHit
06.22.2017 , 08:21 AM | #168
Mouse over you forum name. You're # is 594466.
Thanx bud

QuinlanSaathis
06.22.2017 , 08:22 AM | #169
Every word you type helps and they're all appreciated, even the ones that tell us things we don't want to hear.

I absolutely love where GC and gearing is right now...for PvE.

But PvP is still left in the dark ages of almost pure RNG gearing. I know we have UC's to 'aid' us, but the costs and trade in way of gearing is absolutely killing it. Is there any chance you can double the UC's from PvP or slash the prices in half? PvP shouldn't be as gear dependent as Ops are, and right now, it's even worse than that because we're fighting other players, not static targets. Bolster (in PvP) should boost players to 242 or 246 stats imo...gear gaps need to be closed.
Throw a bone to us Solo'ers also will ya.
We don't do Ops or PvP so our sole method for gearing is playing the game and that is really slow going.
Most of us don't care about gear or need it but it is nice to get the shinies.

Also...why is the new Tier 1 armor so expensive? Since I can't buy anything for a class other than what I'm on, and the command tokens aren't Legacy wide yet, why make Tier 1 so expensive? It's starter gear...it needs to be able to be purchased for credits imo.
100% agree with this and while you are at it how about easing up a little on some other pain points.
  • Lower the cost of the Collectors Edition lvl50 crystals to something approaching reasonable. We already paid for it in cash.
  • Remove all or most of the cost of removing mods and augements, its just not necessary
  • Remove the cost of putting on new clothing and outfits
  • Put in a dye vendor to stop the price gouging at the GTN
  • Either drop the cost of dyes or make them reusable, nothing is more frustrating that designing a look you can't afford
  • Bring back old gear more regularly
  • More direct sales on the CM

Again, thank you for the continued communication. It's the best it has ever been for this game.
Hear Hear!!

Thank you for replying about my issue. I look forward to a resolution.

TUXs
06.22.2017 , 08:22 AM | #170
Quote: Originally Posted by casirabit View Post
Command token you will find like you did the crystals on the part of the inventory where you find the shards or other various forms of currency.
And that's Legacy wide now? So if I claim them all from my main toons stash, every toon I have has access to them in the currency tab?