Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

How does our feedback work

First BioWare Post First BioWare Post

DarthSpuds
06.22.2017 , 03:22 AM | #141
Quote: Originally Posted by KeithKanneg View Post
That happens all the time, but you may never notice. I can tell you this though, and I know it's not fair because you don't know what was planned, but the end of the year changes are very different today than they were just a few weeks ago. We did that based on various internal discussions, feedback from sources Musco listed, determining what was a priority, and the impact to schedule based on what we could/wanted to deliver.

Does that help?

---Keith
Would it be possible for us to have a genuine example of that, even if it is from something a few years back.

So we can see a) what was planned, b) what feedback was received, c) how that feedback led to changes, d) what was actually released.

You want this game to succeed.
EA wants this game to succeed.
We want this game to succeed.

Anything that enables us ALL to better work together toward that is surely beneficial to all of us.

All The Best
#Is-This-As-Good-As-It-Gets?
Sub Expires@ 24/05/2018
If you think my comment has been helpful in anyway please >>Click Here<< for the Refer A Friend Bonus.

Alssaran
06.22.2017 , 03:30 AM | #142
Let me guess here: MeNaCe made three responses in a row that in any shape or form attack three different people, and even when he agrees with one person, he uses it as an instance to attack another?

I have him on ignore, but I don't even need to read his responses to know that he's complaining about me or others (as he so often does with many people he previously heavily disagreed on), uses ad hominem on us, and then goes on to pat himself on the back for being the only one worthy of discussion and who does it right?

I've been ignoring him for the past two years now. The guy always feels attacked, seems to get the wrong idea about people, and then uses one-sentence ad hominem whenever he can.

Icykill_
06.22.2017 , 03:31 AM | #143
Quote: Originally Posted by MeNaCe-NZ View Post
^This.
Also previous experience with the poster reminds me that responses turn into further walls of text that in turn become rather non-sensical and "you're wrong, I'm right".
I don't think I could do that to myself again, especially after he ran away after our last discussion and I put some reasonable time into that.
Easy solution, stop posting 😉
RIP APAC Players 😢😢😢😢💦
Please click this Refer a Friend link for free stuff

Alssaran
06.22.2017 , 03:37 AM | #144
Quote: Originally Posted by Icykill_ View Post
Easy solution, stop posting 😉
He won't.

The last time I spoke to him was one and a half to two years ago. We spoke in an age old thread for an entire week. After I said in that thread that we might as well agree to disagree because both of us were just going in circles and just not going to agree with each other, I found him in another post advocating how I had "ran away".

He never stops posting. Which wouldn't be an issue. He had quite the interesting content sometimes. He just takes people who heavily disagree with him too much into ad hominem territory, and then is surprised when people do it in turn, and he believes people think they believe themselves "inherently right" when it's just subjective taste. That's a very difficult thing to quantify as right or wrong.

Icykill_
06.22.2017 , 03:43 AM | #145
Quote: Originally Posted by Alssaran View Post
He won't.

The last time I spoke to him was one and a half to two years ago. We spoke in an age old thread for an entire week. After I said in that thread that we might as well agree to disagree because both of us were just going in circles and just not going to agree with each other, I found him in another post advocating how I had "ran away".

He never stops posting. Which wouldn't be an issue. He had quite the interesting content sometimes. He just takes people who heavily disagree with him too much into ad hominem territory, and then is surprised when people do it in turn, and he believes people think they believe themselves "inherently right" when it's just subjective taste. That's a very difficult thing to quantify as right or wrong.
I wasn't referring to them and your posting as well doesn't help
RIP APAC Players 😢😢😢😢💦
Please click this Refer a Friend link for free stuff

Alssaran
06.22.2017 , 03:44 AM | #146
Quote: Originally Posted by Icykill_ View Post
I wasn't referring to them and your posting as well doesn't help
That's true. I'm sorry. It seems my emotions regarding him took the better of me. I'll not edit it out because I don't very much care to appear to delete evidence, but I'll leave it up as a referrence of why I am apologizing. Again, terribly sorry.

MeNaCe-NZ
06.22.2017 , 04:16 AM | #147
Quote: Originally Posted by Alssaran View Post
He won't.

Ah the ole "I have him on ignore but I don't really" routine, classic.

MeNaCe-NZ
06.22.2017 , 04:21 AM | #148
Quote: Originally Posted by DarthSpuds View Post
Would it be possible for us to have a genuine example of that, even if it is from something a few years back.

So we can see a) what was planned, b) what feedback was received, c) how that feedback led to changes, d) what was actually released.

You want this game to succeed.
EA wants this game to succeed.
We want this game to succeed.

Anything that enables us ALL to better work together toward that is surely beneficial to all of us.

All The Best
Whilst I doubt Keith can comment on his predecessors you are right in it would be nice to see this example he speaks of.

Just like - "Hey we had planned this but now this is our current plans" or at the very least a "I can't say right now because it would spoil what we have in store but I'll give this example once we are safe to announce the surprise" and of course actually give it and not conveniently forget it.

As beyond the whole "spoiling a surprise" part, there seems no reason not to give this example in detail?

Celise
06.22.2017 , 04:34 AM | #149
Quote: Originally Posted by DenariusJay View Post
Original plan was probably: Command rank 400. Then 500, then eventually 600.
which makes the whole system redundant. just how many more levels will it take for someone to look at it and say to the rest, okay, let's stop doing this, there are 1,000 levels already, it's becoming so pointless and a repetitive grind and the reward for such a thing has been completely oversaturated to the point it's not a reward any more, it's more a chore. we need to look at this whole system and find a way of making it better or getting rid of it for something simpler.

more often than not i see some games with cmplicated systems that build up lots of different currencies that need to be collected and it becomes too much that eventually it made pointless and needs to be simplfied once again where it starts over again.

this system doesn't need 1,000 levels, it only needs 100 and a much longer grind to get each level, simplify the content and double it up or even triple it up, make the chance value more forgiving to get rare stuff and even rarer gear and it becomes very rewarding to get at. if there should be extra levels, then make it legacy wide but it can only be unlocked when one character has reached level 50 on the account, if it were made 200 levels requring grinding for each level to get progressively more and more harder to reach as it needs double the cxp per level.

so you start at level 1 and level 2 needs 25k cxp and level 3 needing 50k cxp, 100k, 200k, 400k and so on. eventually it becomes such a grind per level and if you managed to reach level 100 on top of the regular rewards you get an optional bonus as a mission completed item, for example a special weapon with an already slotted tuning and fairly high rated mods of legendary quality already slotted, for example a volatile conquerors lightsaber with an alignment tuning and 244 rated mods, it's a one time reward that's bound and legacy wide.

so by the time you reach level 200, you get another reward, something really top end, like an exclusive mount that can't be gotten anywhere except for the top level gc rank. something to really reward the players on top of the great gear to be found in each crate. but all of this would require rebalancing the cxp gains per kill, boost, missions and cxp drop rewards as well as scrapping loot from the crates, bring them back to a level where it would make sense, but not overly generous.

This way boosters and cxp weekends are very valauble to get, if there was the added increased chance for more rarer items from such cxp weekends it would drive players into getting these harder to reach crates with better rewards.

JennyFlynn
06.22.2017 , 06:03 AM | #150
I have to say, this thread and others I have seen recently make me feel heartened. It would appear ever since Keith took over there's been a significant increase of communication towards the players here, with both Eric and Charles responding more too. Regardless of the answers they provide, I'm genuinely appreciative of their increased presence. So thank you from my end and I hope you guys will be able to keep moving forward on this path.

For Charles; Will we soon hear more about returning companions (and/or LIs), any who may be involved in the 'Crisis on Umbara' update coming in August? I'd love even the tiniest tease or a "Yes, two more will return in August", or whichever is appropriate along those lines. -- And thank you for taking note in the "Male Force User Companion" thread, really an unexpected and welcome surprise!

For Keith; As a player my main focus lies with story content, personally. Can you say whether the 'one story fits all' is now officially the way this game moves forward, story wise, or was that more for the KOTFE/KOTET expansion itself? And will we get another actual expansion (as in brand new story away from -) in the future or will we from now on continue to receive quarterly(?) updates/continuations to existing material?

Thank you.
Unsubscribed until new story content is provided and/or all companions have returned.

--------{---({@ Defiant Devotion | | Defying Destiny @}}>---}-------