Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Server Merge Discussion Thread

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > General Discussion
Server Merge Discussion Thread
First BioWare Post First BioWare Post

TUXs
06.21.2017 , 07:12 PM | #1051
Quote: Originally Posted by Ratajack View Post
Harbinger is every bit "that bad" and it is actually far worse than "that bad".
Interesting you should say that...I think it has more to do with how you act than anything else.
All warfare is based on deception If his forces are united, separate them If you are far from the enemy, make him believe you are near A leader leads by example not by force
My referral code: here What you get: here (1 FREE transfer 7-day FREE sub FREE Jumpstart and Preferred Bundles)

Ratajack
06.21.2017 , 07:31 PM | #1052
Quote: Originally Posted by TUXs View Post
Interesting you should say that...I think it has more to do with how you act than anything else.
That is very possible.

After all, if a player with a toxic attitude would be far less likely to recognize that toxic attitude in anyone else.

I cannot help but wonder what that says about those who claim that Harbinger is "not that bad" when so many have stated that Harbinger is a cesspool, including some of those advocating server merges.

You can find "trolls" on any server. Harbinger has a higher population than the other servers so it would stand to reason that Harbinger would also have a higher number of "trolls". Harbinger also happens to have the highest percentage of "trolls" among its population.

In addition, there is one particular guild (more accurately, a group of guilds) that seems to have a requirement that its members must be "trolls". I have never seen a player with one of those guild tags that was not a complete and total d-bag.

IntegrationArch
06.21.2017 , 07:31 PM | #1053
I got toons on all servers. Harby just needs more End Game masters to whip the deserving masses into shape IMO. For example an East Coast time schedule Ops Guild doing PvE/PvP SM progression to HM/NiM.

casirabit
06.21.2017 , 08:16 PM | #1054
Quote: Originally Posted by Lecto View Post
I'm not reposting my original statement. If you're truly interested, back-track & read the rest of the thread. It's not my problem I can't fix, it's my guilds problem.

I don't know who those guilds were. I've been a GM since beta & we were made whole again the day after mergers. Customer Service got back to me very rapidly.
So because it didn't happen to you it doesn't matter or count that it did to others, like my guild.
A girl should be two things: classy and fabulous. A girl should also always be a lady even when arguing Referral: http://www.swtor.com/r/VkfKqj

Icykill_
06.21.2017 , 09:14 PM | #1055
The first was a flop. This one would need to be significantly better.
It's a shame they don't just make a swtor 2 and start from scratch.
RIP APAC Players 😢😢😢😢💦
APAC - sign this thread to say goodbye
http://www.swtor.com/community/showthread.php?t=936181

AscendingSky
06.21.2017 , 11:14 PM | #1056
Quote: Originally Posted by casirabit View Post
So because it didn't happen to you it doesn't matter or count that it did to others, like my guild.
Hell, my guild never got their guild bank tabs restored. The GM was promised they would be, but after 2-3 months we got tired of waiting and rebought them, because they had to put all the stuff they moved from the old guild bank somewhere. EAWare dropped the ball with my guild, and with a lot of other guilds I interacted with back then. I know some people did get reimbursement but (at least on Ebon Hawk) that seemed to be a minority of players and it usually took months.
#SWTORMaintenanceMode2018
"RNG is EXCITING!!!!!!" -- Ben Irving, Former SWTOR Lead Producer
Vote With Your Wallet - Boycott Cartel Packs!

KeithKanneg
06.21.2017 , 11:56 PM | #1057 Click here to go to the next staff post in this thread. Next  
Hey all,

Someone indicated we haven't posted in this thread since we kicked it off. As we stated in the opening post, we are not ready to discuss anything, yet, The purpose of the thread was to consolidate all the various posts about the topic so it's all contained in one place. All of your comments will absolutely have an impact on how and what we decide with respect to server populations.

Keith---
Keith Kanneg | Game Producer
Follow us on Twitter @SWTOR | Like us on Facebook
[Contact Us] [Rules of Conduct] [F.A.Q.]

OneHit
06.22.2017 , 01:10 AM | #1058
Quote: Originally Posted by Icykill_ View Post
The first was a flop. This one would need to be significantly better.
For the love of god we need a swtor 2. With a decent engine and real expansions. Only if I can port my merc in though!

Eshvara
06.22.2017 , 01:12 AM | #1059
Quote: Originally Posted by Icykill_ View Post
Quote: Originally Posted by OneHit View Post
For the love of god we need a swtor 2. With a decent engine and real expansions. Only if I can port my merc in though!
I second this! But I do want to keep my Arcann.
#Arcannite
💫Darth Malgus💫

OneHit
06.22.2017 , 01:30 AM | #1060
I'm all about cross server play. For the last 5 years I've been identified in this game as my main. If I had to name change I'd quit the game.

Also I find there is a fairly simple solution to that. Just make people's names different colors based on what server they transferred from. Would make it easier to find your friends after a merger.. I call green.