Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Server Merge Discussion Thread

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > General Discussion
Server Merge Discussion Thread
First BioWare Post First BioWare Post

Icykill_
06.21.2017 , 11:34 AM | #1021
Quote: Originally Posted by casirabit View Post
(1) Add the coding to the outfit changer that you do not lose all your outfits with the specific dyes
(2) Add that if they do mergers guilds transfer in tact with all their assets, none lost.
(3) Personal assets transfer with none lost.
Oohhh... I like one.. I just did that when I did a transfer and lost some good ones
RIP APAC Players 😢😢😢😢💦
Please click this Refer a Friend link for free stuff

casirabit
06.21.2017 , 11:39 AM | #1022
Quote: Originally Posted by Icykill_ View Post
Oohhh... I like one.. I just did that when I did a transfer and lost some good ones
And I have one comment and I don't want this to get into which game is better. When SWG had server mergers, our guilds were moved intact (we might have had to change our name due to naming problems) but everyone that was in the guild was transfer intact along. Now why in the world can't this one do it if a game that was older actually could. Just something I thought of.
A girl should be two things: classy and fabulous. A girl should also always be a lady even when arguing. If you like redheads click my Referral link Referral: http://www.swtor.com/r/VkfKqj

ZionHalcyon
06.21.2017 , 11:41 AM | #1023
And I have one comment and I don't want this to get into which game is better. When SWG had server mergers, our guilds were moved intact (we might have had to change our name due to naming problems) but everyone that was in the guild was transfer intact along. Now why in the world can't this one do it if a game that was older actually could. Just something I thought of.
Could have something to do with the databases. Different databases coded differently could do different things.

Icykill_
06.21.2017 , 11:45 AM | #1024
Ask Foam to add it to the list 😊
RIP APAC Players 😢😢😢😢💦

Icykill_
06.21.2017 , 11:47 AM | #1025
Quote: Originally Posted by Kaveat View Post
"Be vary careful what you wish for... you just might get it"
Oh, I know exactly what to wish for..
RIP APAC Players 😢😢😢😢💦

TyonYlle
06.21.2017 , 11:54 AM | #1026
Quote: Originally Posted by HuaRya View Post
That's kind of your own self projection. You want to think of yourselves as second class citizens so you can rally people to your cause as some kind of underdog. In reality nobody really cares and have also been equally grieved in the game in different ways. Someone stood on the bar while you were rp'ing at the fleet bar? BFD Imagine doing a NIM operation on master looter that took 6 hours only to have the lead take all the best loot for their selves. That is just an example but I'll take someone standing on the bar any day over that.
Dude, it isn't "just about people standing on the bars" that's no big deal, and way to belittle the RPers problem. Good job, well done, no really!

Try adding harassment, I know I at least have received some crude whispers.

The two "scenarios" that you put forth, here, I'll bold them for you. I don't know how you could call those situations "equal grieving". If you have no idea what you're talking about, about one problem with mergers then don't comment, it's really that simple. This thread really didn't need that reply.
'You killed someone, Mya, you stole a life away from another'.
'I did it for you, Jett, I did it for us. They were just an Imp'.
'Who are you to decide that?'
'I love you, Jett!' // 'I just don't like who you're becoming'. // Continue reading

fushnchips
06.21.2017 , 11:56 AM | #1027
different engines and code like any other game SWG isn't SWTOR and the original team on SWTOR made major mistakes with the choice of the engine and over the last 5 1/2 years it's showing more and more.

Lium
06.21.2017 , 11:57 AM | #1028
Quote: Originally Posted by Icykill_ View Post
I bet Disney wouldn't be too happy if they realised that.
https://www.ea.com/games/starwars/ba.../battlefront-2

TyonYlle
06.21.2017 , 12:00 PM | #1029
Hey, who knows, maybe Darth Mickey will eventually force choke EA into submission and take complete control over their newest IP. Maybe they might eventually realize the potential, and literal gold mine in SWTOR and it'll soon be able to revert back to separate class stories!
'You killed someone, Mya, you stole a life away from another'.
'I did it for you, Jett, I did it for us. They were just an Imp'.
'Who are you to decide that?'
'I love you, Jett!' // 'I just don't like who you're becoming'. // Continue reading

AscendingSky
06.21.2017 , 12:15 PM | #1030
Quote: Originally Posted by Foambreaker View Post
So, lets make a list of features they need to add to server merge:
1. Remove the name change code and rewrite to be based on first some first serve, not source and destination server as it is currently implemented
2. Fix the code that failed to merge guild banks last time
3. Add code to merge guild ships without un-decorating them
4. Add code to merge strongholds without un-decorating them
5. Code special RP instances
6. Hire a staff to do full time 24/7/365 policing of player behavior. Note that a 24/7 staff of full time employees is 5 plus a working manager to fill in for sick and vacation. That is per server.
7. Figure out a way to operate with increased permanent costs on less subs, because no matter how they do the names, some players will quit.

All these features cost time and money. Why would they do this?

Or they can just add XServer queues.

It's a no brainer.
8. Fix the code so players don't have to re-buy all their strongholds if they bought them with credits instead of real money.
9. Fix the code so that players don't lose their legacy bank tabs purchased with credits.
10. Change to code to allow quicker respawns of both NPCs and quest objectives, so that there aren't even worse bottlenecks completing various quests than there are now.
11. Increase the size of the ignore list, because we're going to need it.
12. Make the ignore list cover an account and not character by character, so all the RPers and other players who end up being harassed due to the forced mergers with the toxic cesspool of Harbinger can try to block out some of the nastiness while they wait days/weeks for EAWare to take action on their in-game reports.

And those are just off the top of my head...

I agree with you, cross-server is the real answer. Cross-server has a far better chance of 'saving' this game than forced mergers trashing toons, guilds, and accounts would. But that's been drowned out by all the pro-merger people who only care about themselves and so only look for the quick, easy solution that benefits themselves. I'm tired of arguing with people who refuse to listen, who only want more LFG fodder or harassment targets and therefore denigrate, insult, and flat out lie about anyone who speaks up with concerns about merging.
#FixConquest
"RNG is EXCITING!!!!!!" -- Ben Irving, Former SWTOR Lead Producer
Vote With Your Wallet - Boycott Cartel Packs!