Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer
×

How does our feedback work

First BioWare Post First BioWare Post

Ylliarus's Avatar


Ylliarus
06.20.2017 , 01:55 PM | #21
When we are on the subject I did have a question about player feedback: I am aware that the Devs are monitoring the Suggestion Thread, or at least I hope and assume that is the case as they assured us they did. But, does the same apply for the Cartel Market Suggestions thread? Does Bioware from time to time ook there at the threads posted to gather feedback about that feature of the game as well?

I will quickly take the opportunity to briefly advocate for new facial designs to the added to the CM for the Appearance Designer, like the high-res ones we see on Lana, Senya, Arcann, Valkorion, Vaylin etc etc as well as to state how absolutely epic it would be to have a Acina/Valkorion-style Dark Side Corruption Eye Colour made available as a new Eye Colour option for all species with humanoid eyes on the Cartel Market ^_^
ATTENTION: Include the Twi'lek into the 3 new eye colours from Appearance Options: Expanded Selections in the next patch. It was a huge mistake to not do this from the start as they are being grossly neglected as a playable species.
Oh yeah, and this is my referral link!

Andryah's Avatar


Andryah
06.20.2017 , 03:00 PM | #22
Quote: Originally Posted by Ylliarus View Post
When we are on the subject I did have a question about player feedback: I am aware that the Devs are monitoring the Suggestion Thread, or at least I hope and assume that is the case as they assured us they did. But, does the same apply for the Cartel Market Suggestions thread? Does Bioware from time to time ook there at the threads posted to gather feedback about that feature of the game as well?
Given the number of thins Cartel Market related that have been released to players that directly address often pressed suggestions... the answer is YES. But it is a qualified yes, because they will read all suggestions but not agree with and deploy content in game in response. The first time you know they listened and deployed is when you see something you wanted actually go live. >>>> One example: direct sales of highly coveted weapons and armors previously only available as random drops from cartel packs.
When you find yourself surrounded by hostile Clowns... always go for the "Juggler" first.

Zolxtren's Avatar


Zolxtren
06.20.2017 , 03:12 PM | #23
ha nice joke i believe when i see it.....

i can count the number of games where devs actualy listen to player feedback on 1 hand.... and i play allot of games in every single existing genre.....

Kyuuu's Avatar


Kyuuu
06.20.2017 , 03:56 PM | #24
Quote: Originally Posted by KeithKanneg View Post
I saw your message the other day, but needed to follow up with the design team. Definitely a bug as the crafted relics are using the wrong stats. I confirmed we'll fix them in Patch 5.3. Also note you will not need to remake your relics, so hang on to them and we'll apply the proper stats.

---Keith
sweet

Kyuuu's Avatar


Kyuuu
06.20.2017 , 06:40 PM | #25
IS BW still not aware that 240 and now 246 Sythweaving and Armortech have the SAME EXACT NAMES for the armor scheme.... it been like this since 5.0 and now that error has passed on too 246 armor

DanNV's Avatar


DanNV
06.20.2017 , 10:13 PM | #26
"How does our feedback work?"

It doesn't. The only feedback EA and therefore BW understands is the bottom line. When people take their money away they start trying to placate the players. Until then they just don't give a !@^%$. It's a shame, but that pattern has been the norm since launch and is a good part of why the current player base is so small. Well, that and poor game design choices like 4.x and 5.x and the next set of ill conceived, poorly planned nerfs.
Quote: Originally Posted by Rion_Starkiller View Post
Devs gambled everything on GC RNG, but they didn't even get green loot.
REGULATORS

MandFlurry's Avatar


MandFlurry
06.20.2017 , 10:49 PM | #27
Quote: Originally Posted by EricMusco View Post
This is a fantastic question! Keith, Charles, and I discussed this and we want to make sure we are really thorough in giving you the full picture on how feedback is gathered, where it is gathered from, and how the team uses it. What we are going to do is turn this thread into our discussion topic for the week.

Tomorrow, all 3 of us (Keith, Charles, and myself) will make posts highlighting how our job roles interact with player feedback as it relates to the team, decision making, etc. Then we can have a conversation about feedback in general.

Great question, now it's a rabbit hole we are going to jump down together! Look for our posts tomorrow.

-eric
I think everyone should know each other's roles better, as some of the guys roles have changed over the years to.
Got CE on 7/20/11
Canderous Ordo ServerRegulator
Referral for Star Wars Goodness
http://www.swtor.com/user/ce/3k4e

OneHit's Avatar


OneHit
06.21.2017 , 12:17 AM | #28
Quote: Originally Posted by ZionHalcyon View Post
Well, when you grasp how hard it is to plan, budget, and develop for MMOs, you learn changes do not tend to happen quickly. However, that doesn't mean they won't happen.

Like for instance, there is a ton of unhappiness about the story direction for Iokath and KotFE and KotET right now.

Does it mean that the devs aren't listening when they continue to release Iokath stuff later this year?

Not at all - its just that those things were already in development, and since the $ and man-hours were already spent developing it, better to release it than go a while without content, because from planning to in-game, it probably would take 6 months to a year to cover that.

So what good is the feedback? Well, what may end up happening (and I hope it does) is that they take in that story feedback, and scrap the stuff in the planning stages that planned to continue the KotFE ongoing storyline, and instead post Iokath move everything back to the Sith Empire vs the Republic, which most players want. If they did that, we may not see the fruits of our feedback for a year or more, yet it would still be our feedback that allowed that to happen...

I guess. If you don't count the year before story chapters started. The community had the same comments on end game as they did about RNG. And they complained the w hole first year of story. So that's two whole years yet they still managed to release a second year of story and then Iokath. So that's like 3 years of making the same mistake.

Ylliarus's Avatar


Ylliarus
06.21.2017 , 03:10 AM | #29
Quote: Originally Posted by DanNV View Post
"How does our feedback work?"

It doesn't. The only feedback EA and therefore BW understands is the bottom line. When people take their money away they start trying to placate the players. Until then they just don't give a !@^%$. It's a shame, but that pattern has been the norm since launch and is a good part of why the current player base is so small. Well, that and poor game design choices like 4.x and 5.x and the next set of ill conceived, poorly planned nerfs.
That is simply not true, Bioware and the devs of the game do read our suggestions and feedback, trust me on that one. You can see on the forums even how things changed and how many unique threads have posts from the Bioware devs in them. Especially Keith is really interacting with the playerbase on the forums so sticking to saying "Bioware doesn't care about us" is simply holding onto a faultive stereotype that game companies do only what is profitable.

Another example is GC, yes, the original implementation of it was bad but look at how it has improved because the devs listened to what the players wanted. "Remove GC" was also feedback, yes, but they can't listen to that because they already had implemented it. It would be like an author releases a book, it gets published and sold and suddenly someone has as feedback "remove chapter 23 to 27". Yeah that is not going to happen but that doesn't mean that the author isn't listening to you or that he isn't taking the feedback into consideration for future reference.

I for example wrote a comment in the Roadmap thread that I believe KotFE and KotET should be revamped and have 2 unique storylines added to have a choice to go back to the Empire/Republic as the Outlander or defect to the Empire/Republic instead of having the sole option to begin the Alliance. Will that ever happen? No, I know that, but my comment may show Bioware that there is a sentiment with the playerbase to have the ability to return to their original faction or defect to the enemy in future content.

TLDR: Don't be the stereotype player "<insert game company> doesn't reply to my feedback they don't listen to players and don't care about us", but understand that not all feedback can be implemented or worked with, but is taken into consideration.
ATTENTION: Include the Twi'lek into the 3 new eye colours from Appearance Options: Expanded Selections in the next patch. It was a huge mistake to not do this from the start as they are being grossly neglected as a playable species.
Oh yeah, and this is my referral link!

Eli_Porter's Avatar


Eli_Porter
06.21.2017 , 03:20 AM | #30
Just because you talk a lot about a problem and galvanize players behind you doesn't mean the devs should do as you say.

It means the devs should place a higher priority on the issue at hand, and weigh your suggestion to fix it against their own ideas and the ideas of other community members.