Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Upcoming CM Item Embargo

First BioWare Post First BioWare Post

SteveTheCynic
06.20.2017 , 12:08 AM | #31
Quote: Originally Posted by Jerba View Post
I find it surprising that you remove the CXP boosts. I mean I'm glad that you are doing it because they are P2W and they should have never been in the game. But I do wonder if you have changed your opinion and consider them P2W now, or if they just didn't sell well enough and you'll bring them back in another form.
Edit: Nevermind, only the 25% boosts get removed, not the 100% boosts. Totally makes sense now, why did I expect BWA to act differently than how they always do? ...
They aren't P2W, you know. They merely *accelerate* getting to higher levels of command rank. There isn't an upper limit that you can only exceed by buying them (let's say, for example, that you couldn't get from 299 to 300 without one - that would be P2W(1)).

(1) Sort of. It's possible to get T4 gear without being Command Rank 300, but if you *also* couldn't buy / use T4 gear without being rank 300, *then* they absolutely would be P2W. Except that the boosts don't cost *real* money. They cost CCs, and subscribers get enough CCs included in their subscription that it isn't a worry.
http://www.swtor.com/r/Hg3sV2
Buda-buda-buda-buda-buda-buda-CHING!
PEW! PEW-PEW-PEW!
To go to Belsavis, you must go to Belsavis.

Jepac
06.20.2017 , 12:21 AM | #32
Very sad the one chiss armor (outlaw) is removed without becoming unlockable. I buy that one for all my chiss characters with CEDF background for rp purposes.
Another nail in the coffin for me. Pvp lost all interest once the rewards you could work towards were removed in favor of random drops, I have done every bit of pve in the game, and now rp is getting hobbled too.

Nmyownworld
06.20.2017 , 01:04 AM | #33
I appreciate the heads up about the item embargoes. And, being given a week's notice. Thanks!

I've been hemming and hawing about getting the Cavern Varactyl for a while. Time for me to make a decision about it.

jimmorrisson
06.20.2017 , 01:25 AM | #34
Quote: Originally Posted by Jerba View Post
I find it surprising that you remove the CXP boosts.

I mean I'm glad that you are doing it because they are P2W and they should have never been in the game.

But I do wonder if you have changed your opinion and consider them P2W now, or if they just didn't sell well enough and you'll bring them back in another form.

Edit: Nevermind, only the 25% boosts get removed, not the 100% boosts. Totally makes sense now, why did I expect BWA to act differently than how they always do? ...
Agreed. Cartel Market 100% CXP boosts are P2W. Sure there are 100% CXP boost tokens available from vendor. However at 190 command tokens each: LOL

Also we - the survivors of 5.0 - deserve a Double CXP Summer.

SteveTheCynic
06.20.2017 , 03:01 AM | #35
Quote: Originally Posted by jimmorrisson View Post
Agreed. Cartel Market 100% CXP boosts are P2W. Sure there are 100% CXP boost tokens available from vendor. However at 190 command tokens each: LOL
See above. Can you reach T4 without them? Yes. It's not P2W. P2W would be if the only way to acquire and equip T4 gear was to buy stuff on the CM. Or maybe for actual factual real world money directly.

Sigh.
http://www.swtor.com/r/Hg3sV2
Buda-buda-buda-buda-buda-buda-CHING!
PEW! PEW-PEW-PEW!
To go to Belsavis, you must go to Belsavis.

TyonYlle
06.20.2017 , 03:03 AM | #36
Quote: Originally Posted by Alec_Fortescue View Post
Does that mean we're going to get a ton of new Direct Purchase sets? Traditional Jedi robes included?
I wouldn't get your hopes up, but I still think that this is a high possibility! At least, we might also get more KOTOR sets, but yes, I would put my money on "traditional Jedi robes" being included in the new sets, specifically because they're removing two Jedi sets from the CM. New Jedi robes are almost a sure thing to be one of the replacements.

Now, I gotta decide if I want to buy the "freezing" emote, or the CZ-13K Guerilla armor set. I've been tempted buy that set ever since I saw which has basically been pretty much ever since we've had the CM. Are emotes able to be unlocked in collections, or are they more like dyes?
'You killed someone, Mya, you stole a life away from another'.
'I did it for you, Jett, I did it for us. They were just an Imp'.
'Who are you to decide that?'
'I love you, Jett!' // 'I just don't like who you're becoming'. // Continue reading

JediTahiri
06.20.2017 , 05:17 AM | #37
How about actually making the game itself better? Like fixing the gear preview bug that has been going on for a year.
Aela Surik - Jedi Guardian Tank on Star Forge
Caeden Marik - Sith Juggernaut Tank on Star Forge

Kiesu
06.20.2017 , 05:58 AM | #38
Quote: Originally Posted by EricMusco View Post

Armor sets marked with * will "trigger" in Collections but cannot be unlocked or claimed there. This is by design as these armor sets have stats associated with them.

Toys:
  • Kick the Huttball
B-but toys and emotes will still remain in collections and can be claimed at any time, right? ...right?
The ball must be kicked!
Refer!
What made Origin stories superior to KotFE/ET? All 8 story characters could co-exist.

Short summary of my established characters
Arts

EricMusco
06.20.2017 , 07:37 AM | #39 This is the last staff post in this thread.  
Quote: Originally Posted by AscendingSky View Post
Could you please also feature the Bronze Decoration Packs, along with the Gold and Silver ones? EAWare not creating Bronze quality items anymore doesn't make the existing dozens of Bronze decorations already coded into the game disappear into the digital void.
The CM update is currently live and you will notice that Bronze is missing currently. You will be able to find the Bronze packs in the Packs section of the CM in the next 30-60 minutes. Silver and Gold can be found on the featured page right now.

Thanks!

-eric
Eric Musco | Community Manager
Follow us on Twitter @SWTOR | Like us on Facebook
[Contact Us] [Rules of Conduct] [F.A.Q.]

AlainaFlute
06.20.2017 , 07:50 AM | #40
Nope! Not after last night's fiasco with the east coast servers (Yet Again) an unannounced rollback, and now an unannounced new planet to conquer with Iokath being the only planet to conquer, I ain't buying anything from the CM. Improved communications? What a joke!! Ugh....I just can't even with you guys anymore. I used to defend you guys. But I'm done.

Edit: And no Conquest rewards for last week. The RNG is strong with the devs.

P.S. I am so SICK of Iokath already!!!