Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Upcoming CM Item Embargo

First BioWare Post First BioWare Post

EricMusco
06.19.2017 , 01:40 PM | #1 Click here to go to the next staff post in this thread. Next  
Hey folks, happy Monday!

This week on the Cartel Market is going to be a little different than what you have seen in the past few weeks, it's time for a little spring (summer?) cleaning. We are going to embargo quite a few items on June 27th. That means those items will be removed from the Cartel Market and may or may not return in the future. All of the following items will be moved to the popular tab and marked 25% off starting tomorrow and they will remain on sale until they are removed on the 27th.

Armor:
  • Exterminator’s Armor Set
  • Huttsbane Armor Set
  • Investigator’s Armor Set*
  • Destroyer’s Armor Set*
  • CZ-13K Guerilla Armor Set*
  • Outlaw’s Armor Set*
  • Noble Commander’s Armor Set*
  • Pathfinder’s Armor Set*
  • MA-44 Armor Set*
  • X-3 Techmaster’s Armor Set*
Armor sets marked with * will "trigger" in Collections but cannot be unlocked or claimed there. This is by design as these armor sets have stats associated with them.

Mount:
  • Orlean LE-5
  • Longspur Sportster
  • Aratech Rose
  • Cavern Varactyl
  • Czerka CR-17 Incendia

Minipet:
  • M8-M0 Astromech Droid
  • W4-K2 Astromech Droid

Toys:
  • Rancor Holo-Replica
  • Carbonite Chamber
  • Data Entry
  • Kick the Huttball
  • Emote: Freezing

Other:
  • Minor Starfighter Experience Boost
  • Major Starfighter Experience Boost
  • 5-pack Major Starfighter Experience Boost
  • Command Boost (the 25% boost)
  • 5-Pack Command Boost (the 25% boost)
  • Major Warzone XP Boost Bundle

Additionally, the featured items this week will be the Gold and Silver Decoration Packs! If you have any questions, let me know. Thanks everyone.

-eric
Eric Musco | Community Manager
Follow us on Twitter @SWTOR | Like us on Facebook
[Contact Us] [Rules of Conduct] [F.A.Q.]

ZionHalcyon
06.19.2017 , 02:04 PM | #2
Might I make a suggestion on Embargoed items?

I remember there being an Embargo vendor of some type in the Hutt Bazaar on fleet.

Once you guys decide not to have an item on the cartel market any more, or at least not for the foreseeable future, can you have one vendor that offers those items for credits, but the catch is perhaps they are offered on a random rotating basis - as in you don't know which embargoed items will be available, so you have to check it often?

That way, items that are gone aren't gone for ever. In fact, I would even go so far as to include items no longer in the game, but listed in Collections (test center titles anyone?).

That way, it gives collectors a chance to get caught up, but at the same time, because it is up for only a finite time and completely random, there is no guarantee you will see something that comes up for a while, while because its completely random, something else might be up for a while just because of a weird odds streak.

And then should it be decided to put an item back on the cartel market, it can be removed from the vendor rotation.

In fact, the vendor could even determine if any embargoed items come back to the cartel market in the event when up they are a very hot seller.

Essentially trying to find a way for no-longer obtainable items to be obtained in a matter that still allows them to be rare, but also allows collections completionists to still pursue them (seasonal rewards would be nice here too).

Cypherz
06.19.2017 , 02:05 PM | #3
Why not just put a statless empty version of the level 32 sets in collections?
Darkis - Powertech - Ram Ranch
Satele Shan

StevenTrush
06.19.2017 , 02:08 PM | #4
What a scam! I've bought exterminators set 2 weeks ago. I've made 4 tickets since in to make refund... They say we gonna fix it,,, pfff

armor has two visual bugs

AscendingSky
06.19.2017 , 02:08 PM | #5
Could you please also feature the Bronze Decoration Packs, along with the Gold and Silver ones? EAWare not creating Bronze quality items anymore doesn't make the existing dozens of Bronze decorations already coded into the game disappear into the digital void.
#SWTORMaintenanceMode2018
"RNG is EXCITING!!!!!!" -- Ben Irving, Former SWTOR Lead Producer
Vote With Your Wallet - Boycott Cartel Packs!

Jerba
06.19.2017 , 02:13 PM | #6
I'm confused why you embargo the items, but thanks for the heads up. Fortunately, I already have all the items I wanted but I'm sure players will appreciate the 25% sale.

I find it surprising that you remove the CXP boosts. I mean I'm glad that you are doing it because they are P2W and they should have never been in the game. But I do wonder if you have changed your opinion and consider them P2W now, or if they just didn't sell well enough and you'll bring them back in another form.
Edit: Nevermind, only the 25% boosts get removed, not the 100% boosts. Totally makes sense now, why did I expect BWA to act differently than how they always do? ...

I'm a little sad about Kick the Huttball. The other mounts, pets and regen items are one among many, but Kick the Huttball is unique. I enjoy it so much I use it before every Huttball match, and I do hope that you will return it soon.

Xo-Lara
06.19.2017 , 02:17 PM | #7
I support putting the items on a vendor.
If you like my stronghold threads such as this and this, please consider using my referral link. It will reward us both. Or you could post your support for one of my threads.
{Ξ(Θ)!!██████████████████

Kyuuu
06.19.2017 , 02:31 PM | #8
LESS CS updates and MORE FIXING OF BUGS DAMNIT

LtGeneralGezlin
06.19.2017 , 02:44 PM | #9
Quote: Originally Posted by Kyuuu View Post
LESS CS updates and MORE FIXING OF BUGS DAMNIT
Calm down. Bugs are harder to fix that just flipping a "switch" and removing items from the CM.
CE Owner - The Gallifreyan Legacy - Squad 238 Tester
65 Gunslinger, 65 Commando, 60 Sentinel, 65 Shadow.
53 Operative, 54 Mercenary, 65 Marauder, 63 Juggernaut, 54 Sorcerer.

Kyuuu
06.19.2017 , 02:49 PM | #10
Quote: Originally Posted by LtGeneralGezlin View Post
Calm down. Bugs are harder to fix that just flipping a "switch" and removing items from the CM.
they having fixed bugs that been there for years, it not about being hard it about they dont care to fix them and it shows, just like they dont really care to balance classes which also shows