246 schematics not at trainers :(

Kobyashi-Maru

The patch notes say "Tier 4 crafting schematics can be found on Crew Skill Trainers and looted from Tier 4 Command Crates and PvP Loot Boxes."

But the only new thing trainer has is the new purple bonded mat.

Was so excited to finally be able to craft again, guess BW are just winding us up?

I really don't want to grind through hours of PvP or ops etc trying to get a high enough command rank just to get a chance of ANY random schematic in a crate.

Please bring back the old crafting and let us learn better gear from disassembling again

The patch notes say "Tier 4 crafting schematics can be found on Crew Skill Trainers and looted from Tier 4 Command Crates and PvP Loot Boxes."

Was so excited to finally be able to craft again, guess BW are just winding us up?

I really don't want to grind through hours of PvP or ops etc trying to get a high enough command rank just to get a chance of ANY random schematic in a crate.

Please bring back the old crafting and let us learn better gear from disassembling again

Honestly, for a millisecond I got my hopes up too then I realized...

The highlighted is what they were probably talking about and ONLY that. Top end schematics have always come from REing existing items and with GC random drops. Sorry to disappoint.

Yeah, i kind of missed the info on this as far as the addition of tbe next tier of crafting. Found the components to make the assembly.....but predictably, rare crafting components have tripled in price or more with the update.... void matter catalyst are now 850k- 2mill each vs 300k prior to tbe patch.

Weee

Ashur

Worse news is that the new mats cost command tokens. So, if you thought you could get off of the CXP treadmill once you could craft 246, bad news.

They cost 6 command tokens and 3500 creds each, and it takes one per bonded attachment. 246 mods and enhancements need five. So figure 30 command tokens per 246 mod/enh/etc.

That's ~2 Tier 4 Galactic Command ranks per piece.

The only schematic I have for a 246 adaptive armor piece is the 246 Asylum synthweaving hat, which needs 12 of them.

The GOOD news is they can be sold on the GTN. They run about 2m a pop at the moment.

Edited by stoopicus

Crew Skills

Players can now craft Tier 4 gear! These items are Artifact quality at Item Rating 246 with no set bonus.

Tier 4 crafting schematics can be found on Crew Skill Trainers and looted from Tier 4 Command Crates and PvP Loot Boxes.

Many Tier 4 crafting schematics require Iokathian Samples which can be found on the Command Token Vendor.

Well it does says Schemantics tho, so that's more then 1.

So someone somewhere did a misstake and whom ever that is needs to have that corected.

I agree. I was excited. If they aren't going to provide the schematics for purchase then those of us who play for story content and crafting have no reason to continue playing. Very disappointed.

Lol you guys, it was clear all the way that 246 schematics at crew skill trainer meant the new assembled components only. That's how it worked for 240 gear, they didn't announce any change.

If you have a toon at command level 300, you can RE 246 stuff to get lots of good schematics. RNG for left side (from crates) and B mods (from PVP) kinda sucks but it was to be expected also.

As for the comment about schematics with a "s", their formulation is totally correct. For one thing, there is more than one kind of assembled components, and even if there wasn't, it is still correct cause they mention other sources.

Edited by Eloi_BG

Well it does says Schemantics tho, so that's more then 1.

So someone somewhere did a misstake and whom ever that is needs to have that corected.

Yeah one for each crafting skill. There are six :p

Edited by psandak