Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Star Wars™: The Old Republic™ - Road Map 2017

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > General Discussion
Star Wars™: The Old Republic™ - Road Map 2017
First BioWare Post First BioWare Post

chaharbagh
06.16.2017 , 06:16 PM | #711
The species of Grenkk and Sellexith, anyone?
Kindness is a mark of faith, and whoever has not kindness has not faith. -Muhammad (Peace be upon him)

http://www.swtor.com/r/fCXTh4

Vlanzche
06.16.2017 , 07:28 PM | #712
Quote: Originally Posted by KeithKanneg View Post
That is not in our plans for this year. It may be something we can consider in the future, so I'll add it to our growing list of ideas.

-Keith--
What else is being considered ? In particular, anything else that will actually benefit the Foundation of this MMO as opposed to useless ThemeParks Content that'll be abandoned after a few months

( i.e. Something that'll constantly be relevant / " Universal " )
No Life is without Meaning, No Living thing is too small to be Strong
~ Christopher Moeller

KeithKanneg
06.17.2017 , 12:38 AM | #713 Click here to go to the next staff post in this thread. Next  
Quote: Originally Posted by Vlanzche View Post
What else is being considered ? In particular, anything else that will actually benefit the Foundation of this MMO as opposed to useless ThemeParks Content that'll be abandoned after a few months

( i.e. Something that'll constantly be relevant / " Universal " )
Ummm...my comment was in response to PvE version of GSF. But, to answer your question, we are in the process of providing more MMO content which includes updates for the variety of game systems offered by SWTOR including, Flashpoints, Operations, PvP, GSF, story updates, companion changes, just to name a few. Those efforts should benefit the foundation of this MMO, although t do enjoy themepark content, too.

What I'm also hoping is by the increased dialog, weekly discussion threads, and regular ole, "what a great idea" type of messages, we'll deliver lots of changes enjoyable for a wide range of different play styles.

--Keith-
Keith Kanneg | Game Producer
Follow us on Twitter @SWTOR | Like us on Facebook
[Contact Us] [Rules of Conduct] [F.A.Q.]

fifteendollers
06.17.2017 , 12:59 AM | #714
Ummm...my comment was in response to PvE version of GSF. But, to answer your question, we are in the process of providing more MMO content which includes updates for the variety of game systems offered by SWTOR including, Flashpoints, Operations, PvP, GSF, story updates, companion changes, just to name a few. Those efforts should benefit the foundation of this MMO, although t do enjoy themepark content, too.

What I'm also hoping is by the increased dialog, weekly discussion threads, and regular ole, "what a great idea" type of messages, we'll deliver lots of changes enjoyable for a wide range of different play styles.

--Keith-
Hey Keith, when will you be selling the original Tracer Missile animation?

You can give me an answer now or I can keep asking till the end of time.

redkungfu
06.17.2017 , 01:05 AM | #715
Is it possible to combine GSF, PvP, and Flagships into one giant PvP match? Imagine a Battlefront-esque scenario where each team commands Flagship with the options of manning the turbolasers or launching an assault on the enemy Flagship in a star fighter. Players could land in the enemy vessel and switch to PvP on foot, battling the defenders inside the enemy Flagship. Is this type of gameplay even possible, and if so, is it something you would consider?

KeithKanneg
06.17.2017 , 01:25 AM | #716 Click here to go to the next staff post in this thread. Next  
Quote: Originally Posted by fifteendollers View Post
Hey Keith, when will you be selling the original Tracer Missile animation?

You can give me an answer now or I can keep asking till the end of time.
It's like 2:30am here in Texas, but I wanted to make sure you didn't keep asking until the end of time...If we were to do something like that, it would be the most expensive Cartel Market item known to exist EVAR, as you'd likely be the only player to actually purchase it. But, if you'll promise to stop asking, I will seriously look into it. Deal?

Keith---

fifteendollers
06.17.2017 , 01:28 AM | #717
It's like 2:30am here in Texas, but I wanted to make sure you didn't keep asking until the end of time...If we were to do something like that, it would be the most expensive Cartel Market item known to exist EVAR, as you'd likely be the only player to actually purchase it. But, if you'll promise to stop asking, I will seriously look into it. Deal?

Keith---
I'll pay whatever it takes. Deal.

KeithKanneg
06.17.2017 , 01:32 AM | #718 Click here to go to the next staff post in this thread. Next  
Quote: Originally Posted by redkungfu View Post
Is it possible to combine GSF, PvP, and Flagships into one giant PvP match? Imagine a Battlefront-esque scenario where each team commands Flagship with the options of manning the turbolasers or launching an assault on the enemy Flagship in a star fighter. Players could land in the enemy vessel and switch to PvP on foot, battling the defenders inside the enemy Flagship. Is this type of gameplay even possible, and if so, is it something you would consider?
That's one of those 'Wow, great idea type messages", but on this one, I'll have to consult with Charles to see what it would take. Sounds like organized Open World (well, Starship world) PvP and we'd need to figure out how to provide the proper incentives so everyone would want to participate.

---Keith

Yezzan
06.17.2017 , 01:51 AM | #719
Quote: Originally Posted by redkungfu View Post
Would have to be a PvP ops with NPCs and about 32 players; 16 on each team.

Glzmo
06.17.2017 , 02:09 AM | #720
That's one of those 'Wow, great idea type messages", but on this one, I'll have to consult with Charles to see what it would take. Sounds like organized Open World (well, Starship world) PvP and we'd need to figure out how to provide the proper incentives so everyone would want to participate.

---Keith
How about fun?
For some reason, Bioware's "incentives" always contain grind, RNG and milking players, when in reality, making it incredible fun for everyone involved is the only true incentive you need (Newsflash: Grind, RNG and milking players actually ruins fun, which Bioware doesn't get, otherwise we wouldn't have the awful command system or command ranks would at least be legacy wide by now instead of getting a measly, expensive little 25% boost for the legacy...).

Maybe this scenario could be used to finally have organized PVP where one group (or guild if it was to take place with guild ships - if it's group vs. group or a guild without a ship, generic ships could be used) challenges the other.
On a side note, it would also be nice to have access to private PVP matches in general (without rewards) where groups can challenge each other and choose the warzone that is used, maximum score, time, etc.. Imagine if we could finally make hutball a proper "e-sport" with hutball teams challenging each other in one of the huttball arenas (what everybody hoped for when huttball was first mentioned - huttball isn't all that much fun if you use it as standard PVP grind queue match, but organized with actual teams and characters that fit the setting would be wonderful)!