Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

New Mailbox UI

Zerileth
06.15.2017 , 06:52 AM | #21
IIRC GW2 did something cool when there was an update. A little graphic when you first logged in at the spot where the change was. Hmmm.... I thought they did.
No annoying, begging, misguiding referral link here

Andryah
06.15.2017 , 01:47 PM | #22
Players will quickly retrain their muscle memory here... like they did with the top menus in 4.0. So the anxiety will pass for all but the most intractable of players.

That said... they should have moved the trash button to the far right of and next to the mail sort display selector to remove it from proximity. It's not that the change is bad, it's just that they could have moved the trash button out of the muscle memory range of most players and avoided the "apparent shock and trauma of relearning something".

Lesson for the studio here... they need someone with some good UI experience skills to critically evaluate changes to the UI and ways to mitigate "shock" from players to a UI change. It is after all an MMO.. and MMOs are by definition subject to change of anything at any time.
When you find yourself surrounded by hostile Clowns... always go for the "Juggler" first.

Sarova
06.15.2017 , 02:11 PM | #23
Quote: Originally Posted by TyonYlle View Post
This is quoted directly from the launcher. "Updated the mailbox user interface button layout. "Get all attachments" is now next to "select all". Additionally, there is now more space between the "get all attachments" and "delete all" buttons".

From this, we can see they were trying to make it easier for us, by putting the "get all attachments" and "select all" beside one another, probably they thought so we had a shorter distance to tick both boxes. Or, it's like what Cyrus said, and they were getting complaints.
I read the patch notes and read the above but because of brain fail it did not occur to me that meant the buttons would be swapped round. Why couldn't they have just added in plain English (for me the dimwit) "this means we swapped the buttons round".
♥ Quinn Wins. Honour the Quinnmancers with Quinn Treats
Original & New LIs In Future Stories
I Want This Sky Trooper as a Companion Please
Magical Clicky Link

light_senshi
06.15.2017 , 02:35 PM | #24
Oh look...another change no one really wanted and proceeds only to frustrate the player base further.

Par to course lately.