Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Star Wars™: The Old Republic™ - Road Map 2017

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > General Discussion
Star Wars™: The Old Republic™ - Road Map 2017
First BioWare Post First BioWare Post

Ylliarus
06.11.2017 , 03:33 PM | #641
Quote: Originally Posted by EzioMessi View Post
Well at least one post by Keith says they're "reading all the posts" in this thread. I am willing to believe Keith on that honestly, he can't singlehandedly address every concern of every player, but he has addressed quiet a few questions in this thread, and Charles addressed my OWPvP question earlier.

It's just that currently, the answer to a lot of questions is just "We recognize it is a problem, and one of the weekly threads in the future will discuss it". That was the answer for Class Balance (and we got our weekly thread on it), that was the answer for OWPvP and for Ranked rewards (apparently we're getting this weekly thread by "late" Wednesday), and it's certainly the answer for a lot of other things.

I do think they're monitoring this thread, they have shown no signs of ignoring this thread, they just seem to respond to the "hotter" topics first, as well as the easy to answer questions ("will the FP have a storymode" or "Explain how 230 gear by command token purchase will work" kind of questions).

If you were to increase the volume of posters who agree with your suggestions (which I believe pertain to customization options, right?) by tomorrow noon, then you'd have a good chance of attracting dev attention to your concerns.

For whatever its worth, I do agree that they need to make "Sith yellow" eye-colour a thing for every species, because Dark Side corruption looks absurdly ugly.
Nah I wasn't directly referencing to my own posts, although they did made me realise it's more likely Bioware has bigger fish to fry and answers to the more important issues It's quite understandable!
ATTENTION: Include the Twi'lek into the 3 new eye colours from Appearance Options: Expanded Selections in the next patch. It was a huge mistake to not do this from the start as they are being grossly neglected as a playable species.
Oh yeah, and this is my referral link!

DarthDymond
06.11.2017 , 04:32 PM | #642
Quote: Originally Posted by Endrinhael View Post
On the assessment on the difficulty of programming the PvE scripts in 3d is the sol reason PvE is not included, I strongly disagree because of all the past PvE space games that HAS done it (not to mention JTL from SWG).
No one is saying that coding for 3D enemy AI can't be done at all, the issue is that it is something they'd almost certainly have to hire new programmers specifically for - it is highly unlikely that anyone currently on their staff has the expertise in that sort of coding, since it is so distinct from the rest of the game's content.

The person who does the AI coding for an Operations boss can probably also do the coding for the trash mobs in a story chapter, but s/he isn't likely going to be able to do the coding for a 3D dogfight.
One can only match, move by move, the machinations of fate, and thus defy the tyrannous stars. ~Kain

Refer A Friend Link: http://www.swtor.com/r/2gNj3d to get the free stuff detailed here

Avianatorsparkma
06.12.2017 , 12:46 AM | #643
Hi Keith

Sry for going a bit off topic but the fact that you guys are monitoring this thread and that you are already aware of that "jedo robe request" that has been going on for years, gives me hope that you could maybe pass another ancient request to the cartel market team.

I'm talking about something that many players have been asking for years in numerous threads.
And it is something that even already has been promised to the players during the Guild Summit in 2012.
(you still can read about that promise on dulfy.net)
Unfortunately this promise still hasn't been kept until now (5 years later).

It's about the male version of the dancer outfit either by releasing a new version of it for the cartel market which can be worn by male charcters as well or by removing the "female only" restrictions from the existent dancer outfits.

The latest thread about this topic contains all the info the cartel market team could need and it can be found here:
http://www.swtor.com/community/showthread.php?t=873549

Once again sry for the off topic. I just have to give it a try because though it is a very unusual and seemingly minor request, some of us have been waiting and hoping for this for so long.
And you know...it's never too late to keep a promise.

OneHit
06.13.2017 , 12:25 AM | #644
Going forward I would like to see all story content moved to flash points with of course the option to solo mode for people who aren't group friendly. No more chapters. I'd rather see you guys recycle parts of the original vanilla planets. They are beautiful, vast, and truly open world. Not to mention under utilized due to stream lining of the leveling system. Why make these crappy little planets that are basically on rails and corridors at best? Doesn't feel very open world or MMO'ish. Then you can put daily areas and side quests there furthering the story. That leads into Flash Points. And there ya go story players that's your content. Then turn those FP's into HM fp's for PvE. Adding in new OPS, PvP, and GSF

Lets be real. Every planet introduced since Oricon has been crap. And nothing about them screams open world. It screams corridor.

DarthSpuds
06.13.2017 , 02:33 AM | #645
Quote: Originally Posted by OneHit View Post
Going forward I would like to see all story content moved to flash points with of course the option to solo mode for people who aren't group friendly. No more chapters. I'd rather see you guys recycle parts of the original vanilla planets. They are beautiful, vast, and truly open world. Not to mention under utilized due to stream lining of the leveling system. Why make these crappy little planets that are basically on rails and corridors at best? Doesn't feel very open world or MMO'ish. Then you can put daily areas and side quests there furthering the story. That leads into Flash Points. And there ya go story players that's your content. Then turn those FP's into HM fp's for PvE. Adding in new OPS, PvP, and GSF

Lets be real. Every planet introduced since Oricon has been crap. And nothing about them screams open world. It screams corridor.
Yeah, I'd agree with that.

Especially as I'd love to see the Story Arc head back to our original factions, maybe to re-establish our power-base, deal with other faction insurgencies, and remnants of the Eternal Knights etc.

And returning to existing planets would cut development costs a bit, as the planets, and appropriate architecture and NPC costume sets already exist.

All The Best
#Is-This-As-Good-As-It-Gets?

If you think my comment has been helpful in anyway please >>Click Here<< for the Refer A Friend Bonus.

KeithKanneg
06.13.2017 , 04:42 AM | #646 Click here to go to the next staff post in this thread. Next  
Quote: Originally Posted by Endrinhael View Post
I don't know if the Dev's are still monitoring this discussion, but there is a question I HAVE to ask.

To make myself clear, I dislike and completely avoid PVP in games. Why? Lets just say I have had bad experiences with the PvP playerbase in every game that included it, so I will NOT participate in it ever again.

Now to my question, will you ever allow me to enjoy Galactic Star fighter (other than the limited tutorial) without having to PvP? I know there are many in t he PvE community like myself that completely avoid GSF because of the PvP. WIll you eventually open it up so ALL of your playerbase can enjoy it, or with you continue to keep it closed off to a small niche community?

If any of the Devs can answer this, I would greatly appreciate it.
That is not in our plans for this year. It may be something we can consider in the future, so I'll add it to our growing list of ideas.

-Keith---
Keith Kanneg | Game Producer
Follow us on Twitter @SWTOR | Like us on Facebook
[Contact Us] [Rules of Conduct] [F.A.Q.]

KeithKanneg
06.13.2017 , 04:48 AM | #647 Click here to go to the next staff post in this thread. Next  
Quote: Originally Posted by Avianatorsparkma View Post
Hi*snip*
It's about the male version of the dancer outfit either by releasing a new version of it for the cartel market which can be worn by male charcters as well or by removing the "female only" restrictions from the existent dancer outfits.
*snip*
I honestly don't know, but will inquire about it and come back with a more definitive answer.

---Keith

KeithKanneg
06.13.2017 , 05:00 AM | #648 Click here to go to the next staff post in this thread. Next  
Quote: Originally Posted by Ylliarus View Post
I do wonder whether this thread is monitored at all at this point. I mean it is getting quite big and there are a lot of questions asked. It would be amazing if people got replies but at this point I am afraid it has gotten too much for them to handle it all. It is likely they'll respond to the questions they see on the last page of the thread if they notice it.
We are monitoring, but as someone pointed out, there are a lot of questions and we may not directly address each one. For the most part, if the topic is about something in the roadmap or our plans, this is the right place to ask those questions. In some cases, we will take it up in our weekly discussions, and in others, just address it right away. With respect to longer term plans, if we haven't already discussed it openly, we likely will hold back any real response until a later time.

---Keith

Swedguy
06.13.2017 , 05:02 AM | #649
Hi Keith. You mentioned wanting to improve communication, as well as this:

"We know bringing back your old Companions is extremely important so expect to see more of them returning throughout the year. "

"We will continue to provide regular improvements for companions this year to enable you to increase their influence by doing in-game tasks you typically do when you play. Companions remain an important part of SWTOR and we look forward to introducing improved ways for you to engage with them."

Would you mind if I messaged you here regarding a problem a lot of people have been facing regarding companions for a while that we're hoping will be fixed or adressed? Especially if companions are of great importance of BioWare.

Thank you.

Ylliarus
06.13.2017 , 05:49 AM | #650
Quote: Originally Posted by KeithKanneg View Post
We are monitoring, but as someone pointed out, there are a lot of questions and we may not directly address each one. For the most part, if the topic is about something in the roadmap or our plans, this is the right place to ask those questions. In some cases, we will take it up in our weekly discussions, and in others, just address it right away. With respect to longer term plans, if we haven't already discussed it openly, we likely will hold back any real response until a later time.

---Keith
Well at least this is reassuring and gives a clear answer as to what is what thank you for the transparency and for adressing our concerns! It is just the silence we got in the past I'm afraid that makes people wonder whether the Devs are monitoring the forums but with the renewed way of communication that scepticism will dissapear!
ATTENTION: Include the Twi'lek into the 3 new eye colours from Appearance Options: Expanded Selections in the next patch. It was a huge mistake to not do this from the start as they are being grossly neglected as a playable species.
Oh yeah, and this is my referral link!