Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Do EA/Bioware Employees Play SWTOR?

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > General Discussion
Do EA/Bioware Employees Play SWTOR?
First BioWare Post First BioWare Post

Foambreaker
06.12.2017 , 01:35 PM | #21
Of course they play, they are the ones in PvP no one can kill

denavin
06.12.2017 , 01:50 PM | #22
Quote: Originally Posted by DenariusJay View Post
Yes, they play the game.
And no, you will never find out who the are either.

Not unless they want you to know, and them you will most likely be sworn to secrecy. Under penalty of vivisection by light saber.
HK-55: "Do you think she passed her test?"
Z0-OM: "According to my sensors.... NO
."

merovejec
06.12.2017 , 02:10 PM | #23
Quote: Originally Posted by EricMusco View Post
Coincidentally, we have a studio-wide playtest of the Umbara Flashpoint later today. These playtests serve as early tests of upcoming content so we can give feedback as players,
So thats why new stuff is so easy
Merovejec Merovex Meroveg Merovien Meroven Merovingian
Meroxer Raynarog Ray-narock Raynarock Raynaroc Raynarok
7 days of being a sub, try it! Refferal Link
Achievements before 5.9.2 67040

merovejec
06.12.2017 , 02:12 PM | #24
This is a great question, and a very common one. In short, the team absolutely plays SWTOR!
-eric
Just one more question: Ever used your position of admins to "help" your toons?
Merovejec Merovex Meroveg Merovien Meroven Merovingian
Meroxer Raynarog Ray-narock Raynarock Raynaroc Raynarok
7 days of being a sub, try it! Refferal Link
Achievements before 5.9.2 67040

EzioMessi
06.12.2017 , 02:18 PM | #25
This is a great question, and a very common one. In short, the team absolutely plays SWTOR!

Let's go into a little more detail though. Keep in mind we not only play on the live servers, it is very common that we play internally as well. Coincidentally, we have a studio-wide playtest of the Umbara Flashpoint later today. These playtests serve as early tests of upcoming content so we can give feedback as players, and give our perspective from our job roles.

Now, playing on live is something different. One thing I think is often forgotten is we are all just regular players. We come from all walks of life and have vastly different play styles. Contrary to popular belief, we are not all progression Nightmare Operation top 96 PvPers (although a few of us just might be...).

Here are two examples from players that you know, Keith and I. Keith currently has 4 characters at Command Rank 300, and another 12+ characters at max level or close. He plays almost every type of content in the game and really enjoys running Operations and other group content.

I on the other hand have 2 characters at max level and none of them at Command Rank 300. I play quite a bit but spend most of my time just playing the GTN as I am an avid collector of Mounts, titles, and rare items. When I am not on the GTN I am usually grinding up reps, running Heroics, or leveling alts. My days of progression Ops are behind me.

As you can see, Keith and I both play SWTOR, but play in vastly different ways – just like all of you. I think that raises a great final point: we’re building a game for all player types. We not only monitor player feedback (including our own experiences), but we monitor trends and data as well. All of this combined is what shapes what we do every day. Our goal has and will always be to make the best Star Wars experience we can for all of our players – including ourselves .

-eric
Out of curiosity Eric, is there any Dev who regularly engages in PvP (regulars, Ranked, or open world)? Sometimes it feels like there's a big disconnect in what PvPers feel and what's implemented in-game, and I was curious to see if the disconnect may be caused by lack of devs in that playstyke.

Likewise, what about other game modes that aren't raiding and/or collection? GSF, RP, solo story, etc? (I'd wager Charles would be the most likely to be into RP and/or story content, given some of his prior participation in the forums).

I understand that you said Keith engages in "almost every" type of content and quite frankly it is refreshing to hear that, but I'd be curious to see if it's possible to get a breakdown of dev play time in the live game.
The Harbinger - The Raider Legacy
Attair - Level 70 Sentinel
If you like my comment, please click my referral link for free goodies for both you and
me: http://www.swtor.com/r/3XbB9h

FlavivsAetivs
06.12.2017 , 03:00 PM | #26
Actually I'd be interested just in hearing from all the devs and what they enjoy. Maybe a community/news article?
A.K.A. Magister Militum Flavius Aetius
Eudoxia | Constantia Eudoxya | Euander
GSF School
Jedi Covenant

blinkerathome
06.12.2017 , 03:03 PM | #27
Would be nice to see eric play an operation in the next stream session.

HuaRya
06.12.2017 , 04:42 PM | #28

As you can see, Keith and I both play SWTOR, but play in vastly different ways – just like all of you. I think that raises a great final point: we’re building a game for all player types. We not only monitor player feedback (including our own experiences), but we monitor trends and data as well. All of this combined is what shapes what we do every day. Our goal has and will always be to make the best Star Wars experience we can for all of our players – including ourselves .

-eric
What about Galactic Starfighter? There is an amazing following on Harbinger. Have anyone on staff enjoyed playing some of those huge 12 v 12 match ups over there? I ask because it is without a doubt the most fun I've ever had playing ever aspect of SWTOR in 5 years.

EzioMessi
06.12.2017 , 05:01 PM | #29
Quote: Originally Posted by blinkerathome View Post
Would be nice to see eric play an operation in the next stream session.
"Wait, what, everyone had told me to not stand in stupid, why are they telling me to run through the green circle for this boss?"

The Harbinger - The Raider Legacy
Attair - Level 70 Sentinel
If you like my comment, please click my referral link for free goodies for both you and
me: http://www.swtor.com/r/3XbB9h

MeNaCe-NZ
06.12.2017 , 05:51 PM | #30
[color=#f9d648]
I on the other hand have 2 characters at max level and none of them at Command Rank 300.

Quote:
When I am not on the GTN I am usually grinding up reps, running Heroics, or leveling alts.
Well I guess this proves that even Eric hates GC and thinks leveling toons to 70 and thus having to repeat SoR,Kotfe and Kotet is too boring to bear doing.