Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

The Dread Warlord Pack, Grand Chance Cubes, and Game Update 5.2.2

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > General Discussion
The Dread Warlord Pack, Grand Chance Cubes, and Game Update 5.2.2
First BioWare Post First BioWare Post

EricMusco
06.12.2017 , 10:23 AM | #1 Click here to go to the next staff post in this thread. Next  
Hey folks,

With Game Update 5.2.2 tomorrow, you will be able to see all of the items that are coming in the Dread Warlord Pack in Collections. The current plan is that this pack will actually go on sale in the Cartel Market on Tuesday, June 27th. One thing to note is that you can get lucky (although it is unlikely) and get one of the new items from the Dread Warlord Pack in a Grand Chance Cube!

This will happen because of the way Grand Chance Cubes are designed. They automatically update to to have a loot table which includes all Cartel Market items currently available in the game. This just happens to be one of the few times where a pack is going into an Update ahead of when it will go on sale.

Thanks everyone.

-eric
Eric Musco | Community Manager
Follow us on Twitter @SWTOR | Like us on Facebook
[Contact Us] [Rules of Conduct] [F.A.Q.]

btmart
06.12.2017 , 11:11 AM | #2
Don't mess with my "to to".

josephxp
06.12.2017 , 11:12 AM | #3
Ya I just love that, I've popped open a few GCC's before a pack was out and got the stuff sort of like a sneak peak and use, especially when one of them happened to be senya's lightsaber
Give Us New GSF Maps
Tachyon(s)/Alpha Triage(pub)/Void(imp) from Ebon Hawk
7 days of free subscription and character transfer for subs and returners

BenKatarn
06.12.2017 , 11:12 AM | #4
Didn't this already happen with the last pack or two? I recall people getting Senya's Pike before the pack was live. Why only address it now?
- = = The Atrias Legacy = = -
Aryne, Jedi Sentinel | Cayra, Jedi Sage | Kherra, Scoundrel | Khenna, Vanguard
Vertos, Sith Juggernaut | Zedas, Sith Sorcerer | Ysari, Sniper | Neith, Powertech

Threjyan
06.12.2017 , 11:17 AM | #5
That gifted shadow chestpiece <3 time to buy some chance cubes tomorrow
..The Path Of Excess Leads To The Tower Of Wisdom..

AscendingSky
06.12.2017 , 11:40 AM | #6
Quote: Originally Posted by BenKatarn View Post
Didn't this already happen with the last pack or two? I recall people getting Senya's Pike before the pack was live. Why only address it now?
It's happened with multiple packs now. I guess they're just trying to spin it as an intended bonus instead of an unintended oversight.
#FixConquest
"RNG is EXCITING!!!!!!" -- Ben Irving, Former SWTOR Lead Producer
Vote With Your Wallet - Boycott Cartel Packs!

Jagaimee
06.12.2017 , 11:45 AM | #7
Quote: Originally Posted by AscendingSky View Post
It's happened with multiple packs now. I guess they're just trying to spin it as an intended bonus instead of an unintended oversight.
Or reassure people that no, it is not an exploit, don't panic about it. (Thank you for the heads-up, Eric. )
"'But why,' some say, 'choose the moon? Why choose this as our goal?' And they might well ask, 'Why climb the highest mountain? Why, thirty-five years ago, fly the Atlantic?' Why click some random person's referral link?'"
- JFK...mostly. Save for that last part (FAQ about referral links)....... Quinnmancer

Ylliarus
06.12.2017 , 11:50 AM | #8
Wouldn't it be a cool idea if other stuff like Appearance Options would be included into the Grand Chance Cubes as well? Would be nice for players to get them that way as well and while you're at it you could make the additional appearance options available for more species, for example, make the Bright Yellow Eyes appearance option available for Twi'lek, Togruta, Rattataki etc. as well
ATTENTION: Include the Twi'lek into the 3 new eye colours from Appearance Options: Expanded Selections in the next patch. It was a huge mistake to not do this from the start as they are being grossly neglected as a playable species.
Oh yeah, and this is my referral link!

EricMusco
06.12.2017 , 12:02 PM | #9 This is the last staff post in this thread.  
Quote: Originally Posted by Jagaimee View Post
Or reassure people that no, it is not an exploit, don't panic about it. (Thank you for the heads-up, Eric. )
This^ .

Not an exploit or a bug. It has happened before, just making sure people know what's up.

-eric
Eric Musco | Community Manager
Follow us on Twitter @SWTOR | Like us on Facebook
[Contact Us] [Rules of Conduct] [F.A.Q.]

Xina_LA
06.12.2017 , 12:09 PM | #10
Awesome! It's really exciting to know a future item could come out of a Grand Chance Cube.
I look forward to the pack preview. Okay, let's be honest, I'm looking forward to the decoration preview...
--=# Decorating addict of Satele Shan server. #=--