Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Discussion Topic: Class Changes This Summer

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > General Discussion
Discussion Topic: Class Changes This Summer
First BioWare Post First BioWare Post

FerkWork
06.09.2017 , 08:43 AM | #251
Quote: Originally Posted by TUXs View Post
Let them keep the skill - it's meaningless except for trolling...but PT's/VGs absolutely need a defensive CD ability.
/FTFY

It's equally useless in PvE.

TUXs
06.09.2017 , 08:53 AM | #252
Quote: Originally Posted by FerkWork View Post
/FTFY

It's equally useless in PvE.
No...it's extremely effective in PvE. Good friend of mine uses it all the time to p*** me off by translocating me somewhere I don't want to be...like running over the bridge in S&V, minding my own business and suddenly my camera goes all wonky and I'm ported back to a gaping hole and I'm plummeting to my death a fraction of a second later...

But yes, other than griefing me, I've found it useless in PvE too
All warfare is based on deception If his forces are united, separate them If you are far from the enemy, make him believe you are near A leader leads by example not by force
My referral code: here What you get: here (1 FREE transfer 7-day FREE sub FREE Jumpstart and Preferred Bundles)

EricMusco
06.09.2017 , 09:01 AM | #253 This is the last staff post in this thread.  
Hey folks,

The first post of Class/Discipline changes is now live, Hatred Assassin / Serenity Shadow. Let us know your thoughts in the thread.

-eric
Eric Musco | Community Manager
Follow us on Twitter @SWTOR | Like us on Facebook
[Contact Us] [Rules of Conduct] [F.A.Q.]

curulz
06.09.2017 , 09:02 AM | #254
No...it's extremely effective in PvE. Good friend of mine uses it all the time to p*** me off by translocating me somewhere I don't want to be...like running over the bridge in S&V, minding my own business and suddenly my camera goes all wonky and I'm ported back to a gaping hole and I'm plummeting to my death a fraction of a second later...

yep, I pretty much only use it to grief people.

I'd love to see a reflect ability for PT similar to jugs/sins. They lag behind those other tanks currently. Not saying that they need to be made the best, but at least close the gap between PT and the other two tanks in terms of usefulness.

FerkWork
06.09.2017 , 09:04 AM | #255

Ok, yes very effective by that logic. But still inferior to troll pull because it can't be used on the mounted. Dreams crushed. D:

DarthEnrique
06.09.2017 , 09:35 AM | #256
Quote: Originally Posted by EricMusco View Post
Hey folks,

The first post of Class/Discipline changes is now live, Hatred Assassin / Serenity Shadow. Let us know your thoughts in the thread.

-eric
Thanks for letting us know Lighting/TK will pretty much never be a top priority or ever going to get a boost, this blatant ignore of the upset that it has caused and a crappy excuse for it to once again not get a top priority to get a buff is pretty much saying that so why don't you just tell us that you guys are going to do nothing to Lighting/TK and that you like it as a crappy DPS discipline instead of making excuses and ignoring the upset? You killed in 3.0 for a reason and have left it as crap since. Is that what you wanted and do we now have to suck it up?
RIP CARRIE FISHER! 😭 (1956-2016) Who doesn't like free stuff? Enter SWCELEBRATION17 and SWCANTINA17 here to get a free mount and pet.

Thaladan
06.09.2017 , 09:36 AM | #257
is any devs here (keith or Musco) who can clarify if you will "just" buff/nerf the disciplines of the selected specs but not the class utilities, in 5.3?
Elite warlord sorcerer- sniper - powertech

Lionflash
06.09.2017 , 09:38 AM | #258
Quote: Originally Posted by Thaladan View Post
is any devs here (keith or Musco) who can clarify if you will "just" buff/nerf the tree abilities/effects of the selected specs but not the class utilities (, in 5.3?
I wanna know if they will fix the bugs/broken utilities that don't work properly.

slukslaksla
06.09.2017 , 10:07 AM | #259
i made a big post about this a bit back: here about the sorc and why/what it needs to balance.

lots of interesting stuff there.

but yes as u guessed sorc NEEDS a dmg buff aka we need both lightning AND madness to be buffed.

now pardon me if my post there or here sounds a bit salty or angry but, i just love the sorc so mouch. its the first ever class i played back close to launch and it always was the coolest looking one to me.

to sum up my thread though, sorc healer is fine (as long as pvp matchmaking gets tweaked to not have 4 of them on 1 team). and madness/lightning needs a overall buff to dmg both burst and sustained.

example: the highest crit i had as a lightning sorc in roughly full 230 gear was 10-11k on the hardest hitting abilities. the more spammable stuff i never got more than 5-7k (easely out-healed in pvp) and my guildie in full 248 sorc had never seen higher than 14-15k crits. (and those were only rearly happening)

then you have mercs net ability wich can literly cancel your only death defying defensive (aka force barrier) wich in pvp is quite bad considdering it can only be cleanced by cc break. wich has a wary long cd.

this combined with the fact that sorcs heals aint exactly great as a dmg spec makes you a mercs dream, or anyones dream for that matter. not to mention barrier only prolongs the innevitable and ur gonna die the second its off, unless you were lucky enaugh to place a phasewalk before u went into the fight.

to me the highest priority would be to nerf merc considderably both their dmg and defense, and buff those same things for the sorc.
Spoiler

AscendingSky
06.09.2017 , 10:29 AM | #260
Quote: Originally Posted by FerkWork View Post
Ok, yes very effective by that logic. But still inferior to troll pull because it can't be used on the mounted. Dreams crushed. D:
Not to mention with it having a cast time, your target can move out of range before you can complete the troll effort! So it's not even particularly effective at making the point to idiot DPS that you shouldn't run ahead of the damned tank all the kriffing time, come on, let me do my job here...

...not that I'm bitter or anything.
#RemoveRNG
"RNG is EXCITING!!!!!!" -- Ben Irving, Former SWTOR Lead Producer
Vote With Your Wallet - Boycott Cartel Packs!