Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Star Wars™: The Old Republic™ - Road Map 2017

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > General Discussion
Star Wars™: The Old Republic™ - Road Map 2017
First BioWare Post First BioWare Post

casirabit
06.08.2017 , 09:26 AM | #521
Quote: Originally Posted by EzioMessi View Post
Okay, but they advertised the world as a PvP world. And it has 0 PvP on it. Literally nothing except organized PvP ever happens on it. PvPers want ONE planet where they can regularly go for objective-based OWPvP with its own rewards, story players and PvErs have literally every other planet in the entire game. They can easily make the simple restriction that anyone who has the purple mission gets their own PvE instance, everyone else forced onto the PvP instance, and they can make a second entry point for the VotMG Operation on Odessen or aboard the Gravestone. With that, story players can enjoy their peace, PvErs can bypass the PvP to get to their Ops, and PvPers finally get ONE planet where we do OWPvP.
Then they will have to take that planet off the rotation in the command box. It pops up, after you have done the story, to go and do a daily there for cxp points. I skip it as there is nothing on that vendor I care about collecting shards and or reput points but I have enough alts that I can run through the story and get max on the reputation.
A girl should be two things: classy and fabulous. A girl should also always be a lady even when arguing. If you like redheads click my Referral link Referral: http://www.swtor.com/r/VkfKqj

dartge
06.08.2017 , 09:34 AM | #522
Hey Great Road map.

there are just some things i havnt really gottin into yet in this game after coming back and playing through almost everything the past month.

first thing i really want to ask you about is :

could it be possible to not lock like essential story parts behind operations. like killing revan ? i mean you can have that operation where you fight him finally but, how about making it more like in destiny. you actually kinda kill the taken king and win and finsih the story. Kings fall is just the tip of the ice berg.
would love to see that . to like have a resolution to a story ark not built into an operation.

same goes for the iokath story. i cant continue it because the last thing story wise was " were looking for the traitor " and now im stuck with that operation noone is queing for.
( overall noone is playing operations except guilds.. kinda meh tying story stuff into them )

other then that. i really hope for more coming with the quality of the eternal empires story and writing. that was really freaking good.

you guys Rock !

ps: how about an cartel market thing for buying cartel market certifications ? getting them randomly kinds doesnt work for me make it like idk. 1000 CP for 5 of them and everyone is happy and can get stuff

LordTurin
06.08.2017 , 09:37 AM | #523
Quote: Originally Posted by dartge View Post
Hey Great Road map.

there are just some things i havnt really gottin into yet in this game after coming back and playing through almost everything the past month.

first thing i really want to ask you about is :

could it be possible to not lock like essential story parts behind operations. like killing revan ? i mean you can have that operation where you fight him finally but, how about making it more like in destiny. you actually kinda kill the taken king and win and finsih the story. Kings fall is just the tip of the ice berg.
would love to see that . to like have a resolution to a story ark not built into an operation.

same goes for the iokath story. i cant continue it because the last thing story wise was " were looking for the traitor " and now im stuck with that operation noone is queing for.
( overall noone is playing operations except guilds.. kinda meh tying story stuff into them )

other then that. i really hope for more coming with the quality of the eternal empires story and writing. that was really freaking good.

you guys Rock !

ps: how about an cartel market thing for buying cartel market certifications ? getting them randomly kinds doesnt work for me make it like idk. 1000 CP for 5 of them and everyone is happy and can get stuff
Revans not locked behind an operation. You can either do an op or a couple small quests, then you get to face him one on one.

And there is no continuation of the story via the Op in Iokath. Its basically just a side quest with a 30 second turn in conversation afterwards that you automatically got. You can drop it and you'll be able to continue the story the next time one drops.
Dragonslayer Mitthendil the Revanchist - Mercenary ||
Mitth'raw'nurudo from Beyond - Powertech || Elenmil the Revanchist - Scoundrel
Click this to say thank you if my post was helpful! :
http://www.swtor.com/r/lGKMGB

EzioMessi
06.08.2017 , 09:38 AM | #524
Quote: Originally Posted by casirabit View Post
Then they will have to take that planet off the rotation in the command box. It pops up, after you have done the story, to go and do a daily there for cxp points. I skip it as there is nothing on that vendor I care about collecting shards and or reput points but I have enough alts that I can run through the story and get max on the reputation.
Or they could mark the Iokath Daily Missions red, and put the "You have to travel to a PvP instance to progress this quest" message, like they do for the two PvP dailies in the Gree Event.

I don't see why they should remove that from the Command Box at all, it's a valid way to get command points, and players who both PvE and PvP (like myself) would like to see Iokath on the list. As long as it's marked red, anyone who wants to avoid PvP can continue doing so freely.
The Harbinger - The Raider Legacy
Attair - Level 70 Sentinel
If you like my comment, please click my referral link for free goodies for both you and
me: http://www.swtor.com/r/3XbB9h

CharlesBoyd
06.08.2017 , 09:42 AM | #525 Click here to go to the next staff post in this thread. Next  
Quote: Originally Posted by EzioMessi View Post
@Keith, is there any chance the dev team will address the utter lack of PvP on Iokath, which is constantly advertised as being the hub of PvP in emails, promotions, etc? There's almost never more than 2 people in the PvP instance because you've given players the option to be immune to PvP in there.

Is this going to get addressed, or just quietly ignored and removed much like vanilla Ilum?
I'm not Keith, but I'll hop in on this one!

You're definitely right - our goal was absolutely to encourage Open World PvP on Iokath. One of our main motivations for including stuff like playable vehicles and Op bosses and Player loot was to make PvP on Iokath a unique and interesting experience compared to Outlaw's Den or Ilum. And, yeah, it just doesn't seem to have grabbed folks' interest.

I don't think that forcing Players to participate in PvP is the answer - SWTOR just isn't that kind of game - so we need to look elsewhere for solutions. Presumably better incentives would be a great way to start, but I'd love to hear your thoughts (and everyone else's) on the subject. In the coming weeks one of the discussion topics we will make is on this very topic!
Charles Boyd | Creative Director
Follow us on Twitter @SWTOR | Like us on Facebook
[Contact Us] [Rules of Conduct] [F.A.Q.]

dartge
06.08.2017 , 09:47 AM | #526
Quote: Originally Posted by LordTurin View Post
Revans not locked behind an operation. You can either do an op or a couple small quests, then you get to face him one on one.

And there is no continuation of the story via the Op in Iokath. Its basically just a side quest with a 30 second turn in conversation afterwards that you automatically got. You can drop it and you'll be able to continue the story the next time one drops.
ah . well then i missed the revan resolution somhow. becuase i did some things with him and then had the epilogue. checked and the killing revan thing is a operation . was a bit freaked.

and good to know that iokath currently has no other story left and the operation is just sidestuff.
thanks

LtGeneralGezlin
06.08.2017 , 09:52 AM | #527
ah . well then i missed the revan resolution somhow. becuase i did some things with him and then had the epilogue. checked and the killing revan thing is a operation . was a bit freaked.

and good to know that iokath currently has no other story left and the operation is just sidestuff.
thanks
Yeah, BWA learned the "Locking the resolution to a storyline" lesson after The Dread Masters and Oricon. The way they are going now is much better for both types of players in the game.
CE Owner - The Gallifreyan Legacy - Squad 238 Tester
65 Gunslinger, 65 Commando, 60 Sentinel, 65 Shadow.
53 Operative, 54 Mercenary, 65 Marauder, 63 Juggernaut, 54 Sorcerer.

EzioMessi
06.08.2017 , 09:58 AM | #528

thanks
When the Revan story is done, you get a choice between "create a strike to team to take down Revan" or "inspire Republic/Imperial commanders to help you during your assault".

If you choose the former, you have to get into the Operation, take down the bosses (Malaphar, two massive Walkers, Underlurker, etc) before getting to Revan, and killing him with your Ops group.

If you choose the latter, you have to attack Revan's weaker, soloable forces to gain enough support, then the coalition forces take down all of the bosses and you only fight the Revan boss fight while getting support from Satele Shan, Marr, Lana Beniko, and every other important character. It's kinda neat imo.
If you like my comment, please click my referral link for free goodies for both you and

EzioMessi
06.08.2017 , 10:12 AM | #529
Quote: Originally Posted by CharlesBoyd View Post
I'm not Keith, but I'll hop in on this one!

You're definitely right - our goal was absolutely to encourage Open World PvP on Iokath. One of our main motivations for including stuff like playable vehicles and Op bosses and Player loot was to make PvP on Iokath a unique and interesting experience compared to Outlaw's Den or Ilum. And, yeah, it just doesn't seem to have grabbed folks' interest.

I don't think that forcing Players to participate in PvP is the answer - SWTOR just isn't that kind of game - so we need to look elsewhere for solutions. Presumably better incentives would be a great way to start, but I'd love to hear your thoughts (and everyone else's) on the subject. In the coming weeks one of the discussion topics we will make is on this very topic!
When I say forcing, I don't mean players should be pulled in from other parts of the game. Do consider the discussion I had with Caisarabbit earlier in this thread, where I suggested that players with the purple story mission get PvP-immunity, the Operation be given a separate entrance point from Odessen or the Gravestone, and the Iokath Dailies be marked as red missions like the Gree Event dailies. With all of that done, Iokath could be converted into a place like Outlaw's Den where Ops group sized PvP is allowed. This wouldn't be forcing players to PvP, as they came on the planet by choice to progress an explicitly red mission, and the ones who came for other missions would be given backups like I said earlier.

The only people who get the short end of the stick here would be crafters.... I've heard Iokath is the only place giving the highest tier mats right now. That'd need a change.

If the above "forcing" isn't an option you'd like to consider, there are other ways. The ADDITION of objectives that directly relate to PvP could be the first. Not just "kill a player to get loot, that you can only use to kill more players". Give dead players a chance of dropping UCs, Command Crates and Warzone Crafting Lockboxes. Add certain missions that can only be progressed in the PvP instance. Maybe this option works better the previous one? Let PvErs progress all currentl existing dailies on the PvE instance, and let crafters craft, and story-goers do their story. ADD red missions that are only progressed in the PvP instance. In my opinion red missions worked out really well in the Gree Event dailies. Just having two of those missions makes the planet so much more active in OWPvP, the only downside is that it forces small groups on you. Simply adding red missions to the existing Iokath lineup will encourage OWPvP, while still allowing players to stay as far away from PvP as possible if they'd so like it.

Finally, consider moving the regions and the NPC density a bit. The way it is right now, Imps and Pubs are in separate Imp controlled and Pub controlled regions, even when they're inside the "Contested" area. The west half of the map has really dense concentrations of base-defender level Pub NPCs, and the east half has a really dense concentration of Imp defenders. Lowering the density, as well as forcing players to cross paths more will increase the chances of individual players meeting each other while also not getting by mobs that require a group takedown. Increased chance of meeting + increased chance of not-insta-kill -> increased chance of killing -> increased chance of loot drops -> more players come back to the PvP instance for loot drops.

I really do hope the dev team implements some of what I said, or implements SOMETHING that does a good job encouraging OWPvP. I love OWPvP a lot more than I like doing Warzones and Arenas, and I would really like it to make a comeback.

EDIT: Just to be clear, I am aware that PvP already has rewards on Iokath. However:

1. It comes through killing for the sake of killing. Objective based PvP such as base conquest and turret control and superweapon access and whatnot will make the killing be a struggle towards a proper, real objective, instead of just killing for the sake of it.
2. It only rewards Iokath currency. Players want UCs, Command XP and crates, cosmetic gear, credits, and so much more.

Rion_Starkiller
06.08.2017 , 10:17 AM | #530
Quote: Originally Posted by OneHit View Post
Rocket boost guys. It's rocket boost. Just because flames come out the soles of your feet doesn't mean the language has changed. Put your little mouse over the icon and practice reading.
Fun Fact: if you wear "traditional" bounty hunter gear, the rocket boost fire comes out of your back-piece. EX: galvanized manhunter chestguard. 8)=
-Beruhl
Quote: Originally Posted by EricMusco View Post
Soon™
Quote: Originally Posted by Trolltar View Post
I believe he's quoting a frequent contributor to these forums. His name is Strawman.