Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Star Wars™: The Old Republic™ - Road Map 2017

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > General Discussion
Star Wars™: The Old Republic™ - Road Map 2017
First BioWare Post First BioWare Post

BenKatarn
06.08.2017 , 08:03 AM | #511
Quote: Originally Posted by KeithKanneg View Post
The Flashpoint will have Solo/Story, Veteran, and Master modes. In fact, any new Flashpoints will have all three modes.
Any chances of going back and adding story modes to those Flashpoints that don't have it? Like, the two Rakghoul Flashpoints Kaon under Siege and Lost Island actually have a little storyline going on, but they have no story modes.
- = = The Atrias Legacy = = -
Aryne, Jedi Sentinel | Cayra, Jedi Sage | Kherra, Scoundrel | Khenna, Vanguard
Vertos, Sith Juggernaut | Zedas, Sith Sorcerer | Ysari, Sniper | Neith, Powertech

EzioMessi
06.08.2017 , 08:06 AM | #512
Quote: Originally Posted by BenKatarn View Post
Any chances of going back and adding story modes to those Flashpoints that don't have it? Like, the two Rakghoul Flashpoints Kaon under Siege and Lost Island actually have a little storyline going on, but they have no story modes.
It'd be funny if they took those two (easily the hardest flashpoints in the game aside from Rishi) and made them as difficult as, say, the hardest Eternal Championship fights, or even harder, for their solo modes.

It'd be a fun challenge, and since they're technically "optional" story, people would be able to ignore them if it's too hard to go through with them.
The Harbinger - The Raider Legacy
Attair - Level 70 Sentinel
If you like my comment, please click my referral link for free goodies for both you and
me: http://www.swtor.com/r/3XbB9h

micnevv
06.08.2017 , 08:08 AM | #513
Still no mention of the Preview Window bug. Any word on when it will get fixed?

It's kinda annoying since a very large part of the game revolves around outfits/character customization.

OneHit
06.08.2017 , 08:14 AM | #514
Hahaha! You're so right, but I need to get that typo fixed!
Well, for once i wasn't trying to speak directly to the dev team :P That was directed at everyone in that thread who kept saying rocket boots!

SilverStarSeaker
06.08.2017 , 08:38 AM | #515
Yah, I owe you that! Let me track this down and get the information posted. But when, Keith? Good question - if I say today or tomorrow, and not make it, then I'll be in the dumper...uggh, ok, let's say by Wednesday next week, after the Patch! That's it - Wednesday, uhh, late!
The dev the game deserves! <3

Nightblazer
06.08.2017 , 08:55 AM | #516
Quote: Originally Posted by EzioMessi View Post
@Keith, is there any chance the dev team will address the utter lack of PvP on Iokath, which is constantly advertised as being the hub of PvP in emails, promotions, etc? There's almost never more than 2 people in the PvP instance because you've given players the option to be immune to PvP in there.

Is this going to get addressed, or just quietly ignored and removed much like vanilla Ilum?
I haven't done Iokath yet. Been lazy about it. So it's not like Outlaw's Den where your forced into PvP mode by entering the area? Its like how it would be where you can toggle PvP on or off?
“PATIENCE YOU MUST HAVE my young padawan”

– Yoda

Get 7 days free game time plus several unlocks by clicking here

EzioMessi
06.08.2017 , 09:00 AM | #517
Quote: Originally Posted by Nightblazer View Post
I haven't done Iokath yet. Been lazy about it. So it's not like Outlaw's Den where your forced into PvP mode by entering the area? Its like how it would be where you can toggle PvP on or off?
Yup. There were way too many demands that Iokath be a world where PvE can be toggled on or off. So it's entirely useless to hope for PvP there. The only people in the PvP instance are the ones who want to farm mats and mobs without being interrupted by others..... because of how empty it is. Is that irony or what? Lmao

I still don't get why there was so much pressure. We have TWO areas in the entire GAME that "force" PvP on you,Outlaw's Den, and the South End of Ilum Western Ice Shelf. There are literally dozens of daily areas, Section X, Black Hole, Oricon, Rishi (I think? Or one other planety from SoR, I forget), Yavin 4, Voss, Makeb, and every planet with the heroics, every event has a non-PvP daily area (and there is almost always some event active), and yet people demanded that Bioware give yet another PvE daily area.

Absurd in my opinion. Simply forcing PvP in the area, or even adding in objectives that greatly increase the rewards there would have made the planet the actual PvP-world it's false advertised to be.
If you like my comment, please click my referral link for free goodies for both you and

LtGeneralGezlin
06.08.2017 , 09:07 AM | #518
Quote: Originally Posted by BenKatarn View Post
^ I second this! Almost all of the 1-50 FP's that don't have story modes could really benefit from them, and maybe we could get a solo mode to the finales for the Macrobinocular and seeker droid missions? :P (Which reminds me, why did Directive 7 get a solo mode?)
CE Owner - The Gallifreyan Legacy - Squad 238 Tester
65 Gunslinger, 65 Commando, 60 Sentinel, 65 Shadow.
53 Operative, 54 Mercenary, 65 Marauder, 63 Juggernaut, 54 Sorcerer.

casirabit
06.08.2017 , 09:11 AM | #519
Quote: Originally Posted by EzioMessi View Post
Yup. There were way too many demands that Iokath be a world where PvE can be toggled on or off. So it's entirely useless to hope for PvP there. The only people in the PvP instance are the ones who want to farm mats and mobs without being interrupted by others..... because of how empty it is. Is that irony or what? Lmao

I still don't get why there was so much pressure. We have TWO areas in the entire GAME that "force" PvP on you,Outlaw's Den, and the South End of Ilum Western Ice Shelf. There are literally dozens of daily areas, Section X, Black Hole, Oricon, Rishi (I think? Or one other planety from SoR, I forget), Yavin 4, Voss, Makeb, and every planet with the heroics, every event has a non-PvP daily area (and there is almost always some event active), and yet people demanded that Bioware give yet another PvE daily area.

Absurd in my opinion. Simply forcing PvP in the area, or even adding in objectives that greatly increase the rewards there would have made the planet the actual PvP-world it's false advertised to be.

I do not want to be forced into pvp on a world that I need to do the story to continue with it. while some other places it does not have the story aspect in it, that's why they needed to do what they did.
A girl should be two things: classy and fabulous. A girl should also always be a lady even when arguing. If you like redheads click my Referral link Referral: http://www.swtor.com/r/VkfKqj

EzioMessi
06.08.2017 , 09:16 AM | #520
Quote: Originally Posted by casirabit View Post
I do not want to be forced into pvp on a world that I need to do the story to continue with it. while some other places it does not have the story aspect in it, that's why they needed to do what they did.
Okay, but they advertised the world as a PvP world. And it has 0 PvP on it. Literally nothing except organized PvP ever happens on it. PvPers want ONE planet where they can regularly go for objective-based OWPvP with its own rewards, story players and PvErs have literally every other planet in the entire game. They can easily make the simple restriction that anyone who has the purple mission gets their own PvE instance, everyone else forced onto the PvP instance, and they can make a second entry point for the VotMG Operation on Odessen or aboard the Gravestone. With that, story players can enjoy their peace, PvErs can bypass the PvP to get to their Ops, and PvPers finally get ONE planet where we do OWPvP.