Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Star Wars™: The Old Republic™ - Road Map 2017

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > General Discussion
Star Wars™: The Old Republic™ - Road Map 2017
First BioWare Post First BioWare Post

KeithKanneg
06.07.2017 , 07:46 PM | #491 Click here to go to the next staff post in this thread. Next  
Quote: Originally Posted by Nightblazer View Post
Keith I'm curious. Not sure if you have thought about it or it was brought up but when the perk is available to increase your mount speed beyond 110% is this also going to affect the Rocket Boost legacy perk as well or will that remain at 110%?
I was curious, too, so I checked on this and found Rocket Boots work on a different system, and won't benefit from the boost. Basically, the boots ignore areas where we typically cannot use a mount, so for now, we decided not to extend the speed increase to this perk.

Thanks for asking. If it makes sense to change this in the future we'll let everyone know.

---Keith
Keith Kanneg | Game Producer
Follow us on Twitter @SWTOR | Like us on Facebook
[Contact Us] [Rules of Conduct] [F.A.Q.]

Nightblazer
06.07.2017 , 07:48 PM | #492
Quote: Originally Posted by KeithKanneg View Post
I was curious, too, so I checked on this and found Rocket Boots work on a different system, and won't benefit from the boost. Basically, the boots ignore areas where we typically cannot use a mount, so for now, we decided not to extend the speed increase to this perk.

Thanks for asking. If it makes sense to change this in the future we'll let everyone know.

---Keith
Awesome, thank you. Good to know.
“PATIENCE YOU MUST HAVE my young padawan”

– Yoda

Get 7 days free game time plus several unlocks by clicking here

stoopicus
06.07.2017 , 07:49 PM | #493
Hey everyone,

Musco delivered the first discussion topic! You can check the thread here.

-Keith--
Despite the inevitable bikeshedding that's about to ensue, I just wanted to thank you again for the ongoing communication improvements

Jerba
06.07.2017 , 08:25 PM | #494

---Keith
Please change this in the future. Players are used to having the same speed on mounts and rocket boots, especially in group content (flashpoints, operations). Right now, when moving between trash groups, it doesn't matter much whether you use a mount or rocket boots, so you are free to use either but players prefer rocket boots because they're instant and they're small; they don't block half the screen.
Yes, this will allow players to clear that content faster; specifically, there is the issue where the gap between players with/without rocket boots will become wider. Though I don't see that as reason enough to not add 130% rocket boots.
I understand that you can't change this immediately, but I'm hoping you can add Tier IV and Tier V unlocks for rocket boots in the future.

Andryah
06.07.2017 , 08:25 PM | #495

---Keith
Makes perfect sense.

By the way..... good to see you "lurking & stalking" us after Austin normal business hours.

It's very refreshing after literally years of "no gold posts after hours" unless a server crashed and sank into the sea"
When you find yourself surrounded by hostile Clowns... always go for the "Juggler" first.

Jerba
06.07.2017 , 08:28 PM | #496
Quote: Originally Posted by Andryah View Post
Makes perfect sense.

By the way..... good to see you "lurking & stalking" us after Austin normal business hours.

It's very refreshing after literally years of "no gold posts after hours" unless a server crashed and sank into the sea"
Same. I was really surprised when I saw Keith posting last weekend; Musco has never done this. It really shows me how much he cares about the game, and makes me much more confident for the game's future.

EzioMessi
06.07.2017 , 09:10 PM | #497

---Keith
Keith, don't tell my girlfriend this but I think I'm falling in love with you after seeing the frequency of your after-hours posts.
The Harbinger - The Raider Legacy
Attair - Level 70 Sentinel
If you like my comment, please click my referral link for free goodies for both you and
me: http://www.swtor.com/r/3XbB9h

MeNaCe-NZ
06.07.2017 , 10:35 PM | #498

---Keith
What about changes around increasing the time rocket boots work for or reducing the cool down or even making them permanently on like a mount?

Nothing is more annoying that "Oh great, I've got to walk/run again until CD is over".

Icykill_
06.07.2017 , 11:23 PM | #499

---Keith
My partner started new toons on another server and had noticed the rocket boost doesn't open even if you have a legacy. She had to get CS to fix this for her. Is this some bug?
RIP APAC Players 😢😢😢😢💦
Please click this Refer a Friend link for free stuff

OneHit
06.08.2017 , 12:16 AM | #500
Rocket boost guys. It's rocket boost. Just because flames come out the soles of your feet doesn't mean the language has changed. Put your little mouse over the icon and practice reading.