Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

East Coast Server Issues

First BioWare Post First BioWare Post

Wycian
05.30.2017 , 01:08 PM | #151
Quote: Originally Posted by EricMusco View Post
Hey folks,

The team is still trying to work through everything to ensure it doesn't happen again after we come online. Unfortunately I still do not have an ETA but as soon as I have one, you will too!

-eric
Hope yall find a fix soon for now i try to figure out what to do lol
Referral Link: http://www.swtor.com/r/CTMjxk

If you accept, you get free stuff!

AscendingSky
05.30.2017 , 01:10 PM | #152
Quote: Originally Posted by TUXs View Post
Seems the East coast servers are just as susceptible to outages as Harbinger is.
This is the first time something like this has happened in a looooooong time to Ebon Hawk in particular. I'm wondering if it's related to the datacenter migration--especially since it's affecting all East Coast servers at the same time.
#FixConquest
"RNG is EXCITING!!!!!!" -- Ben Irving, Former SWTOR Lead Producer
Vote With Your Wallet - Boycott Cartel Packs!

masterceil
05.30.2017 , 01:12 PM | #153
Quote: Originally Posted by Kalobos View Post
Planned maintenance is part of business. Outages are not. There is a distinct difference. You'd think Bioware would understand that.
Outages are a part of business. Not the most desirable part, but they do happen. Amazon's S3 was down for several hours some weeks ago, Level 3 is having problems along the East coast as we speak. Even Microsoft and Google are not impervious to unplanned downtime. No one should be holding BioWare to any higher standard than any of these companies.

Sht happens. They're working on it, they will recover. You're not likely to die in the meantime, so untwist your knickers and wait it out.
Appreciate the help/snark in the above post? Click here to help me out!
Celestial ArgonautsCelestial Dreadnauts
Star Forged from the Ebon Hawk cacd.enjin.com

DownloadStarter
05.30.2017 , 01:13 PM | #154
Quote: Originally Posted by EricMusco View Post
Hey folks,

The team is still trying to work through everything to ensure it doesn't happen again after we come online. Unfortunately I still do not have an ETA but as soon as I have one, you will too!

-eric
Good.

Look, I'm not your friend. You're not mine. I don't know you and you don't know me. I'm one of hundreds of thousands of customers of the conglomerate. You're one of its thousands of employees. So keep that in mind when I say "that's what should have happened the first time instead of just going back to bed when it cleared up on its own".

Pretty sure it was Level3. Not much you guys could do about that. You don't control the internet. Would have been nice to hear. But again, I get the corporate environment.

We both know Bioware is better than this. Getting it fixed and making sure it stays fixed is a good start toward getting back there, but like my grandfather always said: The challenge is consistency.

I'm rooting for you guys. I like this game. I keep coming back for it. But one day someone's going to figure out the whole package - story, immersion,graphics and community - AND be able to keep it all up consistently.

Be that company. Because WoW and LotRO both suck.

Jibaja
05.30.2017 , 01:21 PM | #155
Quote: Originally Posted by Darkproffitt View Post
I leave 6 months after launch, re-sub come back a couple of days ago....
And this happens...
Welcome Back.
I bet they don't give 24 hours of credit to all the subs... just sad.
ha! so i'm not alone in this? My thoughts were that it had to do it to me just because i decided to be away for so long... glad i'm not the only one with this experience.

vadess
05.30.2017 , 01:22 PM | #156
Quote: Originally Posted by masterceil View Post
Outages are a part of business. Not the most desirable part, but they do happen. Amazon's S3 was down for several hours some weeks ago, Level 3 is having problems along the East coast as we speak. Even Microsoft and Google are not impervious to unplanned downtime. No one should be holding BioWare to any higher standard than any of these companies.

Sht happens. They're working on it, they will recover. You're not likely to die in the meantime, so untwist your knickers and wait it out.
Agreed. We all should just be responsible adults and go to work, do chores, or pay taxes...

OH! Star Wars: Galactic Battlegrounds! *goes to help Darth Vader destroy the rebels.*

Jibaja
05.30.2017 , 01:23 PM | #157
Quote: Originally Posted by DownloadStarter View Post

Be that company. Because WoW and LotRO both suck.
*cough* there's always ESO. :3

kalelrojin
05.30.2017 , 01:28 PM | #158
Quote: Originally Posted by Jibaja View Post
*cough* there's always ESO. :3
European School of Oncology?

EricMusco
05.30.2017 , 01:31 PM | #159 Click here to go to the next staff post in this thread. Next  
Hey folks,

A few updates for you! First, we have isolated what caused the issues this morning and the team is working to resolve them. We are looking at around a 30 minute ETA from right now.

Due to the nature of the issue, there is a small chance for a rollback to have occurred. From what we can see, most users will not be impacted by a rollback when the servers are live again. If any of you do experience a rollback, it should be minor and up to an absolute maximum of an hour. Again, majority of you should not be impacted at all.

Reminder that this only impacted East Coast servers. Thanks everyone, I will post more updates as I have them.

-eric
Eric Musco | Community Manager
Follow us on Twitter @SWTOR | Like us on Facebook
[Contact Us] [Rules of Conduct] [F.A.Q.]

Kundorf
05.30.2017 , 01:31 PM | #160
looks like a huge amount from ebon hawk are joining wc servers to play through the outage lol.