Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Devs! What are you doing to address the decoration problem???

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > General Discussion
Devs! What are you doing to address the decoration problem???
First BioWare Post First BioWare Post

Grindera
05.24.2017 , 07:15 AM | #41
Haven't read all the replies, but why not just make the decorations part of Collections?
Let people unlock them with CC, it's a win-win for everyone (you get decos, BW gets cash).

Take out the +prestige coming from collections-redeemed decos so it will not mess up the prestige-system.

Or just make a "Decorations Collection" where you can buy additional copies for CC if you have one copy already.
Something like this:
Bronze - 25CC
Silver - 50CC
Gold - 100CC

Of course, this would not solve the issue of long-gone and insanely expensive decorations, but it's a step at least.
The other way to solve it is to sell decoration hypercrates of shipments.
Like "Alliance Decorations Hypercrate" where all decos could drop from any of the Alliance Cartel Packs...
Gives variety, but still somewhat themed so you can aim for the ones you desire the most.
Just really don't know what would be the best distribution of items. 2-3-4 / pack? (I'd say 3 would be acceptable)
Make it worth it, but don't make players get hundreds of bronze rubbish.
GRIND FOREVER

RagnarAugustus
05.24.2017 , 07:43 AM | #42
Quote: Originally Posted by JediQuaker View Post
Actually, I find that most strongholds become over-decorated when you try to fill them to 100%. But I would agree that
some SH's have poor hook layouts. But, a less cluttered look suits me.)
I agree with the less cluttered look. I try to make mine fit the them of the SH whether it's my Yavin 4 temple, Tatooine SH etc. I can't count the number of times that I've been invited to a SH to see this awesome decorating job and it looks like nothing more than a speeder garage.

Darkside
05.24.2017 , 09:23 AM | #43
Quote: Originally Posted by Grindera View Post
Haven't read all the replies, but why not just make the decorations part of Collections?
Let people unlock them with CC, it's a win-win for everyone (you get decos, BW gets cash).

Take out the +prestige coming from collections-redeemed decos so it will not mess up the prestige-system.

Or just make a "Decorations Collection" where you can buy additional copies for CC if you have one copy already.
Something like this:
Bronze - 25CC
Silver - 50CC
Gold - 100CC

Of course, this would not solve the issue of long-gone and insanely expensive decorations, but it's a step at least.
The other way to solve it is to sell decoration hypercrates of shipments.
Like "Alliance Decorations Hypercrate" where all decos could drop from any of the Alliance Cartel Packs...
Gives variety, but still somewhat themed so you can aim for the ones you desire the most.
Just really don't know what would be the best distribution of items. 2-3-4 / pack? (I'd say 3 would be acceptable)
Make it worth it, but don't make players get hundreds of bronze rubbish.
Ive often asked for the same exact thing. They have the framework for this awesome system in game, so it is crazy to me that they wouldn't extend it to all items (including deco of course). Bioware would make a lot profits from the unlock cost, and we could get multiples!
O=============================O

DARK HOLOCRON

O=============================O

FREE Server Transfer + FREE 7 Day Subscription + FREE Stuff = CLICK HERE!

DuchessKristania
05.24.2017 , 11:12 AM | #44
Quote: Originally Posted by RagnarAugustus View Post
I agree with the less cluttered look. I try to make mine fit the them of the SH whether it's my Yavin 4 temple, Tatooine SH etc. I can't count the number of times that I've been invited to a SH to see this awesome decorating job and it looks like nothing more than a speeder garage.
Lol, I decorate mine according to the character I was on when I bought it. Coruscant is both business and home for my grey jedi, Drommund Kaas is my agent's base of operations, and Nar Shaddaa is her home. I find that the hook layout on Nar shaddaa matches my taste and style the best. I have yet to buy Yavin or Tatooine, but i've considered getting Tat and turning it into a desert oasis type resort. A guildie has Yavin and is making it into our Force Users acadamy so no need for me to do that.

I'm really hoping that the rumors for Zakuul and Manaan are true and coming soon. My guild is holding out on buying a stronghold until more is confirmed about the possibilities of the new ones.

Foambreaker
05.24.2017 , 12:10 PM | #45
Quote: Originally Posted by TUXs View Post
I suggest everyone buy a stack of 999 Meat Trees on Rishi. That's more than enough to decorate most Strongholds.
I think the issues implication was tastefully decorate

Andryah
05.24.2017 , 01:39 PM | #46
Quote: Originally Posted by Grindera View Post
My guess would be because they designed the entire stronghold system with the intention that decorations are "consumables", which typically are not unlockable in collections.

Not weighing in on if this was the right approach or not, just noting that it is what it is.

If decorations were put into collections, I would expect the drop rates to go way down, and yet the resellers market on the GTN will be somewhat saturated even with lower drop rates as players only need one of something to unlock.
A Good Read ---> Truth Decay - An Initial Exploration of the Diminishing Role of Facts and Analysis in American Public Life. Source: Rand Corporation https://www.rand.org/pubs/research_reports/RR2314.html

Grindera
05.24.2017 , 02:32 PM | #47
Quote: Originally Posted by Andryah View Post
If decorations were put into collections, I would expect the drop rates to go way down, and yet the resellers market on the GTN will be somewhat saturated even with lower drop rates as players only need one of something to unlock.
I get your point, but decos are about the same drop rate as everything else and those also sell well (except for the crappy things nobody wants).
Same as for armors, mounts and weapons: you buy one and if you want to use it on more toons, you unlock them - especially if they are of the expensive ones.
The system itself is one-way just as you said and I fully agree on this. Honestly, I don't think it will ever change.

And one thing I forgot to mention: it would be nice to see the decoration vendors updated regularly with some items which are not the "fancy Cartel Pack" types. Either for prefabs or credits, I don't care, just throw in some from time-to-time.
I'd also like if there'd be a possibility to include my toons as personnel in my strongholds.

New strongholds will certainly bring some new general decos, but hey...
GRIND FOREVER

EricMusco
05.24.2017 , 03:27 PM | #48 Click here to go to the next staff post in this thread. Next  
Just wanted to pop in and say, good thread. Keep the feedback coming, I will make sure the team sees it. If I get any updates to anything specific mentioned here, I will let you know!

-eric
Eric Musco | Community Manager
Follow us on Twitter @SWTOR | Like us on Facebook
[Contact Us] [Rules of Conduct] [F.A.Q.]

NomadFifteen
05.24.2017 , 03:51 PM | #49
While not quite in the same vein, there is an issue with the decorations from the quest when you first enter a stronghold.

I started a new toon last week (because vanilla is 100% than KoTFE/KoTET, but that is a different thread) and did the quest for getting/entering a stronghold. I received my decorations in the mail, went to add them to the decoration list, and got an error. The Imperial Banners now require Valor 14 to add to your decoration list, let alone use.

Why put a Valor requirement on these? Are they trying to force players to PvP? I can't stand the PvP in the game, and the only time I did PvP was during the DvL to get past that level, and I have no desire to go back in. Between the insane lag and troll count so high you can't ignore them fast enough the PvP is not worth it. (Before people yell 'Snowflake', I play a lot on WoT and WoWs, pure PvP games.)

While I like the idea of PvP only decorations, they should not gate basic decorations you get as a quest reward behind PvP, unless of course the quest is a PvP one.

Rankyn
05.24.2017 , 04:11 PM | #50
It's always bothered me that some of the rarest and most insanely expensive items in the game are decorations for your house.
Keep up to date with game events at
SWTORCalendar.com