Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Update on Roadmap

First BioWare Post First BioWare Post

RACATW
05.22.2017 , 12:24 PM | #491
Quote: Originally Posted by Jamtas View Post
to be fair, BW have been good at parsing words to have a little lack of clarity.

Regarding operations, George Smith said:link

"We know that many players love our Operations and look forward to the introduction of new challenges, however with Knights of the Fallen Empire there will not be any new Operations. We felt it was important to first address some of the issues with our Elder Game before moving on to new content. These changes will allow us to be more flexible with how we release new content, as the content no longer needs to be tied to a new gear tier or level cap increase."

So in hindsight, this was totally true. But to a wishful thinker, it reads as they wanted to fix the elder game before releasing new operations. Not just abandon it completely. That was the debate going around in the thread discussing the article. Some thought it just meant no new ops at launch, etc. And BW did nothing to clarify that stance. 108 pages and no comment from them past the initial posting.
It seems like there were like 108 forum pages in the pvp forums without a single BW response.

stoopicus
05.22.2017 , 12:33 PM | #492
Pretty sure the devs don't read the PvP forums.

RiVaN_
05.22.2017 , 12:36 PM | #493
Quote: Originally Posted by Andryah View Post
Roadmaps applied as a static document are not very reliable and very often reality will not reflect such a static document.

And worthless PR documents around here are quickly burned and pissed on by the masses.

Based on what they have done in the past with respect to roadmaps... I predict this one too will be essentially worthless.
I was just asking what time period it would cover, I didn't comment on it's worth/value. I'm simply asking what timeline we should expect it to cover. With each passing day this road map potentially covers a shorter and shorter period of time.
Honestly we have been waiting a long time for this road map and I am starting to believe that Keith is trying to find a way to get people excited to spend money while trying not to let on that the game will be shutting down in the near future.
I'm sure he has to submit his message for approval and the document is stuck in the red tape process before BW/EA will allow it to be published. I mean PR is a real b!**h with a successful product, I'm sure PR in the case of SWTOR these days is a total nightmare!

At this point I would prefer honesty, not more of BW blowing smoke up my posterior...
Nikolete, Scoundrel - Republic Flashfire
Drivan, Sentinel - Souls of Fate

Jedi Covenant

dr_mike
05.22.2017 , 01:02 PM | #494
Quote: Originally Posted by RACATW View Post
It seems like there were like 108 forum pages in the pvp forums without a single BW response.
Quote: Originally Posted by stoopicus View Post
Pretty sure the devs don't read the PvP forums.
Staff has hinted previously that they don't like to comment on the forums as it raises the wrath of the (insert whatever term you want to call the folks around here).
Who knows what lurks in the minds of those crazy Sith....
1% gets donated to unemployed Jawas living on Hoth

DuchessKristania
05.22.2017 , 02:37 PM | #495
Quote: Originally Posted by AscendingSky View Post
Motherkriffing signed. Don't get me wrong, I absolutely think PvP balance issues should be addressed... but I personally care a lot more about things like the GSF free ship and being able to customize companions, since I don't PvP much. So I'd appreciate it if the PvP-centric players didn't crap all over the changes being mentioned already just because they're not PvP-centric as well.
While I don't believe that the post you were quoting was stated in a very tactful or respectful manner, I agree with the point I think you were trying to make. I don't PVP, but in fairness I can understand they feel ignored and frustrated. That being said, it does seem like there has been a lot of lashing out at changes that don't focus on PVP. I'm a story player with some rpg tendencies and love my strongholds. Because of that I need to do some PVP to get a certain decoration. With all the reactions I've seen I find myself often anxious about setting foot in the pvp parts of this game. I did post in the pvp forums, and was offered help from some perfectly lovely people. In fact, the last time I checked the thread there hadn't been any nastiness. They are just as kind and willing to help as any other part of the player base, so it's kind of sad that they are being misrepresented here.

I don't really understand why people seem to create this deeply drawn line in the sand when it comes to the different players in this game. Personally, as a story and immersion player, if all I got out of this update was the ability to change Theron's (and presumably other new companions) clothes I would be disappointed, but it would give me something new to play with and I'd be fine with that. Especially, if it was a result of them fixing the PVP issues, which I gather are numerous and pretty game breaking. I can understand wanting something like that fixed. What I don't understand is why there's this them against mentality between the different gaming types. It does not have to be player versus player in the forums and we don't have to attack each other to voice our concerns. It's not a contest to see who gets their way.

The best thing we can do for the survival of this game is to come together as a community and say what we each need, support fixes and additions even when they don't effect our personal game, and exercise respect and patience for our fellow players and the people working on the game. If the forums are nothing but people constantly complaining eventually our concerns will be tuned out completely. Does this mean we shouldn't voice concerns and address problems? Certainly not, but the bickering and self interest isn't going to bring about positive change.

HKtheindomitable
05.22.2017 , 04:43 PM | #496
Quote: Originally Posted by DuchessKristania View Post
While I don't believe that the post you were quoting was stated in a very tactful or respectful manner, I agree with the point I think you were trying to make. I don't PVP, but in fairness I can understand they feel ignored and frustrated. That being said, it does seem like there has been a lot of lashing out at changes that don't focus on PVP. I'm a story player with some rpg tendencies and love my strongholds. Because of that I need to do some PVP to get a certain decoration. With all the reactions I've seen I find myself often anxious about setting foot in the pvp parts of this game. I did post in the pvp forums, and was offered help from some perfectly lovely people. In fact, the last time I checked the thread there hadn't been any nastiness. They are just as kind and willing to help as any other part of the player base, so it's kind of sad that they are being misrepresented here.

I don't really understand why people seem to create this deeply drawn line in the sand when it comes to the different players in this game. Personally, as a story and immersion player, if all I got out of this update was the ability to change Theron's (and presumably other new companions) clothes I would be disappointed, but it would give me something new to play with and I'd be fine with that. Especially, if it was a result of them fixing the PVP issues, which I gather are numerous and pretty game breaking. I can understand wanting something like that fixed. What I don't understand is why there's this them against mentality between the different gaming types. It does not have to be player versus player in the forums and we don't have to attack each other to voice our concerns. It's not a contest to see who gets their way.

The best thing we can do for the survival of this game is to come together as a community and say what we each need, support fixes and additions even when they don't effect our personal game, and exercise respect and patience for our fellow players and the people working on the game. If the forums are nothing but people constantly complaining eventually our concerns will be tuned out completely. Does this mean we shouldn't voice concerns and address problems? Certainly not, but the bickering and self interest isn't going to bring about positive change.
Clarification: The "line" between PvP and PvE players is drawn by the raging children that play only one of the two. I myself can understand the frustration of PvP players, though I don't like PvP as much as PvE (however I don't lash out when I don't get more story/PvE). As you stated, there is a lot of lashing out by those that play both sides. When PvP things are mentioned, the PvE player rages. When PvE things are mentioned, the PvP player rages. Instead of having and exercising self control, they needlessly lash out anywhere as if it accomplishes something. Between the ragers and those that spread misinformation, the line is thus drawn.

Statement: There are those in my guild that prefer one type over the other, but they don't go lashing out and are very helpful and fun people to play with. Anyone with the ability to step back and think knows this.

Statement: Regarding your conclusion, I agree with it 100%. It's the very thing I've said many many times before. The "me first" attitude is becoming more prevalent.
PAX REPUBLICA
Casual PVP&PVE
Ebon Hawk | Captain |International Guild

WorldSmasher
05.22.2017 , 05:51 PM | #497
I just wanted to voice my concerns, here.

I'm worried that an increase in piloting speed limits is just asking for more traffic collisions. Our - already bad and crazy - drivers will only become worse and crazier. I foresee many insurance premiums going up - even for good drivers.

I'm against increased speed limits, because of safety concerns.... And we still haven't got the traffic lights installed at major intersections. When are we gonna get the traffic citation droids we were promised to help maintain safety?

Also, some of the maps aren't even big enough to justify faster speed limits... But that's another discussion....

KeithKanneg
05.22.2017 , 06:11 PM | #498 Click here to go to the next staff post in this thread. Next  
Quote: Originally Posted by WorldSmasher View Post
I just wanted to voice my concerns, here.

I'm worried that an increase in piloting speed limits is just asking for more traffic collisions. Our - already bad and crazy - drivers will only become worse and crazier. I foresee many insurance premiums going up - even for good drivers.

I'm against increased speed limits, because of safety concerns.... And we still haven't got the traffic lights installed at major intersections. When are we gonna get the traffic citation droids we were promised to help maintain safety?

Also, some of the maps aren't even big enough to justify faster speed limits... But that's another discussion....
So, what I read from your comments is we need to offer a new Character Perk - "Vehicle Collision Prevention". I'll look into it. <grin>
Keith Kanneg | Game Producer
Follow us on Twitter @SWTOR | Like us on Facebook
[Contact Us] [Rules of Conduct] [F.A.Q.]

masterceil
05.22.2017 , 06:22 PM | #499
Quote: Originally Posted by KeithKanneg View Post
So, what I read from your comments is we need to offer a new Character Perk - "Vehicle Collision Prevention". I'll look into it. <grin>
Confirmed: Mounts will spontaneously explode in 5.3 if you don't buy insurance for 50cc/mo!

I kid, I do appreciate the tongue in cheek humour! Don't let these boards take that away from you ; )
Appreciate the help/snark in the above post? Click here to help me out!
Celestial ArgonautsCelestial Dreadnauts
Star Forged from the Ebon Hawk cacd.enjin.com

LtGeneralGezlin
05.22.2017 , 06:24 PM | #500
Quote: Originally Posted by KeithKanneg View Post
Please! As a person with the largest collection of Jedi Civil War era (and earlier) items in the galaxy, my insurance costs are already sky high on my Taris Swoop bike replica (The Kakkran Daggerstar). With this Cehicle Collision Prevention perk, I would save quite a few credits a month on my insurance.

Thanks Keith :P
CE Owner - The Gallifreyan Legacy - Squad 238 Tester
65 Gunslinger, 65 Commando, 60 Sentinel, 65 Shadow.
53 Operative, 54 Mercenary, 65 Marauder, 63 Juggernaut, 54 Sorcerer.