Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer
×

Update on Roadmap

First BioWare Post First BioWare Post

BenitsubasaChiyo's Avatar


BenitsubasaChiyo
05.13.2017 , 01:11 AM | #321
Quote: Originally Posted by casirabit View Post
Full Tier 1 gear available from existing Fleet vendors using Command Tokens this means you can obtain a full bonus gear set for under 800 Command Tokens. You will be able to choose the type of gear you want to purchase (DPS, Tank, or Healer).

Sir,

You may want to verify this before we actually get to this. You say bonus set gear, which means armor but knowing some people they will assume it means also implants, earpieces, relics, weapons and second hand items. Though it may not stop people from saying otherwise but it might, you never know.
Seconding this question.
Blasting reds since early access
The Red Eclipse

Icykill_'s Avatar


Icykill_
05.13.2017 , 02:17 AM | #322
Quote: Originally Posted by DarthSpuds View Post
So gear wasn't a factor?
Class wasn't a factor?
Build wasn't a factor?

Oh wait, yes they were, I was PvPing a lot pre 5.0, actually once got 6 MVP votes in 10 matches in one afternoon and had an Officer from a PvP Guild try and poach me from my PvE Guild, so I must have had some idea what I was doing. And what I was doing was playing - at the time - just about the best class to PvP with because it had no significant weaknesses at that time; I didn't play it because it was the go to class for PvP at the time, I played it because that was the toon I was playing and I needed to do some PvP for a KOTFE Unlock. I started to enjoy it, and carried on for a few weeks.

So no you didn't have Skill vs Skill PvP pre 5.0 - because no MMORPG has ever, even once, delivered Skill vs Skill PvP; because Gear, Class and Build are - together - far more significant factors that Skill.

All The Best
OMG, not 6 MVP votes : you must be elite and an expert on pvp, especially if a pvp officer from a PvP guild recruited you... apparently playing the "best class" also made you an excellent player

I've been pvping in this game since launch (5 years), including 8 man team ranked.
I've seen all iterations of pvp in this game from early RNG gearing after launch, free pvp gear, pvp gear gaps, gear grind, Bolster not working and Bolster actually working, no or minimal gear gap, fast gearing, and just before 5.0 the ability to transfer WZ Comms directly to alts.
I've seen every class become OP and FOTM or so bad that no one played them.
I've seen class balance that was worse than it is now.
I've seen all the bugs, exploits and hacks.
I've got over 35 toons that I only pvp with them and 90% of them were only lvld in pvp.
I don't play classes when they become FOTM because I like a challenge 😉

When I say I want to play skill vs skill pvp, I want to have as many of those factors removed where possible. That means no gear gap or a very small one as to hardly be noticeable unless you are at the pinnacle of ranked pvp.
We can't do anything about class balance except learn new tactics to deal with things. That in itself is skill based, but isn't actually my point and I think you already know that.
As far as builds go, that is a personal preference and if people are too dumb to learn a build to make skill vs skill.. 🙄

I don't think you understand the meaning of skill vs skill pvp in this game. Just because it's an MMO doesn't mean there isn't skill involved or that skill vs skill pvp isn't a possibility or that we haven't had it before, we have, especially in ranked.
RIP APAC Players 😢😢😢😢💦
APAC - sign this thread to say goodbye
http://www.swtor.com/community/showthread.php?t=936181

Icykill_'s Avatar


Icykill_
05.13.2017 , 02:29 AM | #323
Quote: Originally Posted by DavidAtkinson View Post
Bolster to 238 is fine as it is. You wouldn't want to give TIer 4 to anyone, right? I mean some of us grinded our butts off to get to tier 4 and full 248 and you want 244 bolster ? Hell no !
Hmm another person who needs a gear gap to be competitive? If you don't need it to be competitive why do you care about grind in pvp. Would you play pvp less if there was no grind. Most dedicated pvpers play for the sake of pvp itself.

I understand if you want to use the gear in pve. That's not an issue. We also don't want to remove the gear grind for people who want to use it in pve. We are happy to keep the ability to gear up through pvp. What we want is an increase in Bolster to remove the gear gap or close it so it's the same as it was pre 5.0
RIP APAC Players 😢😢😢😢💦
APAC - sign this thread to say goodbye
http://www.swtor.com/community/showthread.php?t=936181

DarthSpuds's Avatar


DarthSpuds
05.13.2017 , 03:32 AM | #324
Quote: Originally Posted by Icykill_ View Post
OMG, not 6 MVP votes : you must be elite and an expert on pvp, especially if a pvp officer from a PvP guild recruited you... apparently playing the "best class" also made you an excellent player .
Way to miss the point or what?

With that it becomes apparent you either won't, or more likely can't, understand what I have been saying, so I will bow out now.

All The Best
#removeRNG
Sub Expires: 7 Oct 2017
If you think my comment has been helpful in anyway please >>Click Here<< for the Refer A Friend Bonus.

KeithKanneg's Avatar


KeithKanneg
05.13.2017 , 07:06 AM | #325 Click here to go to the next staff post in this thread. Next  
Quote: Originally Posted by casirabit View Post
Sir,

You may want to verify this before we actually get to this. You say bonus set gear, which means armor but knowing some people they will assume it means also implants, earpieces, relics, weapons and second hand items. Though it may not stop people from saying otherwise but it might, you never know.
Just for clarification - It's all Tier 1 gear slots.
Keith Kanneg | Game Producer
Follow us on Twitter @SWTOR | Like us on Facebook
[Contact Us] [Rules of Conduct] [F.A.Q.]

DarthDymond's Avatar


DarthDymond
05.13.2017 , 07:12 AM | #326
Quote: Originally Posted by KeithKanneg View Post
Just for clarification - It's all Tier 1 gear slots.
Props to the Producer putting in some face-time on the boards on a Saturday.
One can only match, move by move, the machinations of fate, and thus defy the tyrannous stars. ~Kain

Refer A Friend Link: http://www.swtor.com/r/2gNj3d to get the free stuff detailed here

casirabit's Avatar


casirabit
05.13.2017 , 08:41 AM | #327
Quote: Originally Posted by KeithKanneg View Post
Just for clarification - It's all Tier 1 gear slots.
Thank you for the clarification and have a great weekend.
A girl should be two things: classy and fabulous. A girl should also always be a lady even when arguing Referral: http://www.swtor.com/r/VkfKqj

Andryah's Avatar


Andryah
05.13.2017 , 10:59 AM | #328
Quote: Originally Posted by KeithKanneg View Post
Just for clarification - It's all Tier 1 gear slots.
That is the way I read it, but it is very nice to see Keith here Saturday morning confirming.... lest we have some forum faux war over the weekend as to "what he actually meant".
"The internet has enabled so much and empowered so many. But it can also be a place where the basic rules of decency are suspended and pettiness and negativity thrive, - Tim Cook, Apple CEO

Sarova's Avatar


Sarova
05.13.2017 , 11:06 AM | #329
Quote: Originally Posted by KeithKanneg View Post

<snipped>
  • Full Tier 1 gear available from existing Fleet vendors using Command Tokens this means you can obtain a full bonus gear set for under 800 Command Tokens. You will be able to choose the type of gear you want to purchase (DPS, Tank, or Healer).
Will this gear be bound to legacy or will we need to grind the 800 command tokens for all alts? I have many, many alts!
Customisations Matter
Quinnmancer & Security Chief Quinn Thread
Magical Clicky Link

masterceil's Avatar


masterceil
05.13.2017 , 11:16 AM | #330
Quote: Originally Posted by Sarova View Post
Will this gear be bound to legacy or will we need to grind the 800 command tokens for all alts? I have many, many alts!
None of the Tier 1 gear is bound to legacy, there is zero reason to believe he's talking about some special new Tier 1 gear that is. Suck it up, and put the mods from the 9 pieces you can into your own legacy gear, and just buy implants, ears, and relics for each character.
Appreciate the help/snark in the above post? Click here to help me out!
Celestial ArgonautsCelestial Dreadnauts
Star Forged from the Ebon Hawk cacd.enjin.com